What's new

CEO 2011 shout outs thread!

I$AAC

Noob
No one has made a thread so I figured I'd make one. Here we go

Tom Brady: it was nice to finally meet you sir. Your knowledge of the game is tremendous and you are really down to earth. A class act. I'm curious to see what you think of the FL MK scene.

Check: nice to finally meet you my friend. Sorry we could only get 3 games in at casuals but it was nice playing you sir. Goos shit in eliminating PL and I hope to see you at titans 3 in Tampa In September.

MortySeinfeld: good to meet you my friend. Your Sonya was very solid and I'm glad you were able to make it to CEO all the way from AZ. I'll hit you up whenever I'm in town.

SomeCubanGuy: nice to meet you as well. You made baraka look like a viable character this weekend. Keep that shit up yo and I'll see you at titans 3

Sir Honor: good job at running the brackets this weekend. You definitely have what it takes bro. Ggs this weekend and I'll see you and your bro at titans 3

Krebs: good stuff with ermac man. You did really well for being in your first tourney. Trust me you finish better next time. Nice to meet ya and I hope to see you at titans 3

FL MK scene: I think this tourney was a good indication on where we were as a scene and I'm quite pleased with the results. We had 2 players in top 8 and more among the top 16. I think we've finally arrived as a scene and we need to start building off the momentum we have coming off this weekend. We know what we have now, so let's build off of it.

And of course thank you jebailey for making this all possible.

I would first like to say thanks to Jebailey and the CEO staff for all of your efforts towards making CEO possible, I had a great time the whole weekend visiting Florida for my first time coming from Arizona, and I plan to make it out again next year, hopefully with some friends next time :D

Isaac: It was great talking to you and learning more about the Kano matchup. You guys are growing a really strong MK scene in Florida, keep up the good work. I hope to see you at Evo, and whenever you drop by in Phoenix; definitely give me a call.

James and Noah: It was great meeting you guys as well. Thanks for making me feel welcome at the event and Florida in general. I hope you can make it out to Evo, we'll have to hang out again if so. We'll need to play some matches online, message me your gamertags/PSN handles whenever you get a chance.

JTCircus: Really great Kano play. Stick with him as your main, I don't think the nerfs are going to affect your play at all considering you play Kano how he was intended to be played. I'll try to catch you online sometime. Great job in your placing at the tournament, I think you've proven you're one of the best players at the game right now.

Krebs: Nice Ermac, thanks for being a cool guy all weekend.

SuperiorMagik: Great Mileena, I will try to catch you online sometime. Thanks for being a cool guy all weekend as well.

IceColdEdge: Really nice Reptile, our match in the tournament is one that I will definitely remember. I hope to catch you online sometime.

Sir Honor: It was nice playing you in the teams tournament, and you did a really great job calling matches and running pools.

Check: It was nice seeing you at the tournament and actually getting a chance to play you in casuals on Sunday. Your knowledge of the game really shows in the way you play. The normals that you choose to use in specific situations and your spacing is really on point. I hope to see more from you in the future, thanks for the matches.

Chris G: Crazy Reptile. It was so weird seeing your Reptile get increasingly better and better the more you played over the weekend. I think it mostly showed in your matches with Tom Brady given how those matches started and unfolded. Also one of the nicest 'more recognized' players at the event. I hope your new sponsor Local Battles works out well for you, your manager was also one of the nicest/coolest people I met at the event. I will try to catch Local Battles first stream this next Friday.

Tom Brady: It was nice meeting you and having a chance to play your Sub Zero, Johnny Cage and Noob Saibot. Thanks for being a class act; I hope to see you at Evo.

Arturo: I'm glad I was able to catch you on that final Sunday for some matches. Keep working on that Reptile, you're shaping up to be one of the strongest players in this game by far despite that people aren't giving you the credit you deserve. Also thanks for supporting the game and the scene, it is very much appreciated.

Also thanks to anybody else from Florida that I missed in this post. I didn't catch some of the names, but there was an Ermac player and a Kabal player; Thanks for making me feel welcome at the event.

Great Tournament, Great Experience.

Thank you Isaac and Morty for the props of me running half of the tournament. I was definitely very pressured but I did my very best to make sure it ran as smooth and as fast as possible. Although the mic busted on us and we started over 30 minutes late, we pulled through real well and did great timing.

Isaac: Although we only got to play one set, we had a great set. We both adapted to each other pretty well and look forward to getting more games with you brudda. Don't forget, if you get that venue, I'm here to help.

Morty: Definitely had a great time playing your Sonya. I didn't know Sonya had such damaging combos and was real psyched to see someone bust some ass with her. Definitely have to take a trip out to AZ with Isaac to get some more games with you.

Tom Brady: I know I did this already but I'm doing it again. I apologize for the tournament having such a sloppy start but it was my duty to make sure all the players were checked in and it was a mistake giving them such valuable time because they never showed up. I thank you for the helpful tips you gave me and great showing for Sub-Zero. Also, thank you for doing that Stage Fatality on stream ;) WE'RE PLAYING MORTAL KOMBAT!!! NOT STREET FIGHTER!!! /salt lol

VSC Sir Hope: I have to give shoutouts to my younger brother for beasting through the entire tournament and losing to simply one person and one person only: Justin Wong. Josh, you are a beast man and take both your losses to Wong as a learning experience. Always remember that mirror matches are always the hardest ones.

SomeCubanGuy: Although we didn't get some games in, I thoroughly enjoyed watching your Baraka in action man and I know for a fact that my brother Sir Hope would love to learn some things from you (he loves the character). Looking forward to getting some games with you.

SuperiorMagik: Thanks for being such a cool and down-to-Earth guy brudda. It was fun talking to you and definitely look forward to getting some games with you (though I may not enjoy it because I hate Mileena, lol).

MagiCurtains: I must apologize to you because you were real free in casuals on Thursday night before the tourney and you turned the shit around real good in the tournament on Saturday. I was very impressed with your Johnny Cage and your adaptability. Keep it up, definitely looking forward to getting my rematch with you :)

Chris G.: WHY ARE YOU SO GODLIKE SON!?!?! Thanks for being such a chill dude and super props on the beastly Reptile. I was really rooting for you in both MK and MvC3. Stay Godlike brudda, looking forward to us getting a match since it didn't happen this weekend.

King Rey: Let me just say it was a great honor playing you at the tournament. I'm a huge fan of yours from Tekken and it was truly a lot of fun playing you. The Ermac match up is one that I know a lot of unfortunately but I did like your Quan Chi. Never came across one and was real happy to get some experience in the match up. Looking forward to playing you again!

Arc: Honestly Arc, our match was ass and you know it, lol. I had you so bad and if it wasn't for me having no knowledge on Kabal's block string thing, I would have eaten you alive I'm sure, lol. Shoutouts to SuperiorMagik for teaching me how to evade that shit!! LOL!! Good stuff though Ken, you're becoming my rival in this game, definitely looking forward to our next match my friend. I Wanna see that Shang Tsung the next time ;)

VSC Griever: Although my protege Griever is not on this forum, I'm definitely giving shoutouts to him for his excellent Cyber Sub-Zero and doing beastly in teams with Hope and I! Also shoutouts to Griever receiving SUPER props from Tom Brady in Sunday casuals! I'm proud of you Griever!

That's it for me. To all who came out, thank you all. On behalf of Alex Jebailey, I do thank you all for coming down to support MK; know that as long as Isaac and myself have some form of life in our bodies, we will bring this shit to the level of Street Fighter tournament wise. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
First off, thanks to Jebailey for hosting by far the greatest tournament I've ever been to. Second maaad props to Yaysian and VSC Sir Honor for doing an amazing job running the brackets. You guys did an amazing job.

I$AAC: It was great finally meeting you. You're an awesome dude, and doing so much for the Florida scene right now. Though we didn't get any casuals in, you KNOW I'm gonna want some of that Kano at Titans 3. See you then ;)

Krebs: Great meeting you bro. Had a great time playing casuals with you. You're Ermac is very solid, and you're an incredibly smart player. Hope to see you again soon.

Ozzie aka Noobe: Awesome meeting you brother. Your Cyrax is truly godlike, and it showed in your matches against PerfectLegend and FloE. Can't wait t
O get some game in with ya asap.

JT Circus: Your Kano is too good man. Learned a lot from our casual matches. I definitely think you're one of the best players in the country right now.

BoyGeorge and Ice Cold Edge: You guys were awesome. Thanks for letting me be a part of our godlike team. Even though Tom Brady hated our team name, Team Dwyane Nowitzki FOR LIFE! Lol.

Check: Sooo awesome to finally meet you Jay. Honestly, I learned so much from just talking to you, and playing you in casuals. You are most definitely a genius when it comes to MK sir. Thank you for dropping some of that knowledge on me.

Arc: It was great meeting you bro. Your Kabal was the shit lol. It's always good to see a Kabal player NOT rely on the infinite, and yours was very on point. I thoroughly enjoyed all the casuals we played. Every one of them went down to the wire

VSC Sir Honor: Like I said earlier, good shit with running the brackets. You did a hell of a job. I'm glad you enjoyed my Baraka play lol. Hopefully we can actually get some casuals in next time.

Mezmerize: Your Sektor was GDLK son! You were one of my favorites to get to top 8 for sure. Awesome playing you and hangin out with u bro.

MagiCurtains: Without a doubt, you are one of Florida's best players man. Your matches against PR Rog and BananaKen were too epic. I learned A TON about Cage from our casuals.

TS Sabin, PerfectLegend, Justin Wong, Chris G, Tom Brady: You guys were all amazingly stand up dudes. Thanks for the matches. I learned so much about this game from playing/watching you guys.

D. R.

Noob
GG's to everyone I played and met. I don't remember alot of names. Once I got top 8 in T6 and realized they were not going to update MK for the tourney and saw just how many people were using the broke garbage in casuals, I quit caring. Too many people relying on the broken shit to win kinda made the game not fun to me. Cyrax Bomb Trap and block string infinites are not hard to do or solid. Shits gone now, so I can't wait to body peeps without their gimmicks come next tourney. It will be glorious. :evil:

:salty:

Had a great time at the tournament... Don't remember everyone but GGs to all who I played.

SomeCubanGuy: I was proud to be on your team (even though I didn't do much)... Awesome Baraka. I've played vs JOPs baraka so I knew he was viable so you doing well was no surprise to me. Brady didn't like the team name but he had no choice but to respect it!... lol

Morty: GREAT matches before and during the tournament. That was a heart breaking loss for me but a great comeback by you. I will be at Devastation so hopefully get can get some more games in there!

Ozzie: Dude I was dead in the team tourney before I could even grasp what was happening... lol... You play crazy fast and I had no idea that d+4 had that astronomical range... Would have loved to get more games in w/ you sir... Next time perhaps.

Johnny Cage guy (don't remember ur name sorry): GGs as well... Funny how you would ask me for advice and then so some stuff I had never seen before... lol...

Arturo and Chris G: What I learned from playing both of you is what a HUGE difference effective use of space makes as a reptile player... Nice to see how you guys don't let not having a dash-block effect your spacing. I will definitely be looking for reptile matches vs you 2 @ Evo.

Brady: Should have stuck w/ Sub Zero... I apologize as a fellow Goon and President of the fan club for failing to remind you to stick to what got you to the grand finals in the first place... P.S. Play more lame. If there is one thing that you do better than most it's play annoying.

- I.C.E.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Obviously wasnt at either, and with work and kids, its hard to even follow the streams....but I STILL GOT SHOUT OUTS!

To EVERYONE who entered the MK9 tourneys......THANK YOU.

Props to my homies....Kelly, Evan, Bill, Justin, Mike, Alex, Art, VICTOR VON SPOOKS, Mark, Chris and MANY MORE. Of course, props to Hec for coming out to ReveLAtions.

It was MAD MK LOVE on both coasts. Great weekend for MK. THANK YOU!!

First tournament I entered and it was a pretty mixed time. Great idea, a bit unorganized, pool runners seemed lost and clueless a lot of times (My SF pool runner DQ me for playing MK then I had to get another pool runner to tell him how dumb he was and let me play).
Also seemed to be some input lag on some of the MK setups, atleast to me and my brother. No reason to lag on their "lagless" system and not lag on my 42 LCD HDTV.

Shout outs:
There was a great Mileena player there who was the best Mileena ive seen.
All the Kano reps out there were great, prob the only people I actually learned something from.

James and Noah: It was great meeting you guys as well. Thanks for making me feel welcome at the event and Florida in general. I hope you can make it out to Evo, we'll have to hang out again if so. We'll need to play some matches online, message me your gamertags/PSN handles whenever you get a chance.
Yeah man, great meeting and hanging out with you. Your Sonya is nuts.....! I'll add you or you can add me. This is James.