What's new

Caught in air 321

So you are pressuring your opponent and he tries to jump out just as you are pressing 321. You were expecting more chip but now he is being juggled, its to late for a force ball. What do you do?

I'm sure we've all been in this position and muscle memory forces us to dash njp which cause the opponent to full screen splat, which isn't that bad of a situation. But what if you want more damage?

Now maybe some of us reptiles already do this but I don't recall ever seeing it done.

What I'm trying to condition myself to do is after the juggled 321 I dash tap block to cancel the whiff animation, 32 ffball (or ex dependent on their height) sfball then ender of choice.

This combo isn't unfamiliar in its normal form but doing it on this situation is a rare thing in my experience. You get a hefty chunk.of damage and all the benefits of reptiles combo enders.

Thoughts?

Here's a video for visual reference....
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Man, my hit confirming with Reptile is flat out garbage. I gotta work on that shit! This is pretty sweet though!

you can do 321 in air and just do 32 ffb instead of ex ffb
Yeah I noticed that but its dependent on the opponents height and you've got to be perfect. Ex just ensures thay it works.

This isn't revolutionary but its a tool I don't see used a lot.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
what i personally do if the opponent is in the air and 321 hits i do, 321 elbow dash, 321 elbow dash, invisible. love this setup one of my fav's

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yeah I love doing this because of how damn flashy it looks but I don't waste the meter unless its going to kill the opponent. I either end with slide depending on my opponent to maximize damage or go for more of my invis shenanigans.

I seriously consume meter at an alarming rate. It is one of my bad habits. I'm a very impatient player which I think is why I do well with reptile, so if there is any lag in action I'm hucking ex balls or ex dashing for pressure...random ex slides...bad habits.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
To be honest meter with Reptile isn't really a concern. Sure you shouldn't throw it away like candy in tight situations but EX balls and ex dash are his best tools. Definitely ditch the EX slide habits lol. Its really only needed for a few characters like Sektor and Lui Kang where dash blocking/ducking can't be done.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
In that situation I either 3,2,1, dash, 3,2,1, dash, 3,2, dash, jump over opponent into jumpunch starter or 3,2,1, dash, 3,2,1, dash, 1,2, invisibility, dash, then throw/ block and bait wakeup.

Sent from my iPhone.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
The 3,2,1, dash, 3,2,1 dash, 3,2,1 invisibility, dash, then throw/ block and bait wakeup (if opponent doesn't roll) is also a fun one. But I stopped dashing towards the opponent after invisibility and zone instead because everyone rolls after they hit the ground these days.

Sent from my iPhone.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Wasn't this his old BnB?

321 dash 321 dash 321 slide? LOL come to think of it, it reminds me of his UMK3 combo, SFB , LP HP HP dash LP HP HP dash LP HP HP dash uppercut