What's new

Question Catwomen y u do dis?

Crooks

Noob
I'm trying to make catwomen my main and in the combos & tech areas I'm fine. The areas I struggle at are trying to actually hit my opponent to start a combo. It seems like I can't hit my opponent with basic strings. Is she mainly a punish char? I would like to know if you avid catwomen users can help me out with some tips. Anything wil be appreciated thanks.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
She has a lot of way to get in and just do her safe ass 50/50s. What's the problem?

Decent dash, Safe Fullscreen Cat Dash, Absurdly hard to AA Aerial 2, Goes-Under-Everything-and-Has-Stupidly-Long-Range-and-Plus-on-Block B3 (That could be armored, by the way)

EDIT: B3 is -3. K, I was wrong.But still goes under everything and has stupidly long range and can be armored.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Her b3 is not plus on block and anyone who's been playing the game will not let you get away with random "safe" Cat Dashes.

xWildx

You cant punish the MB cat dash, even with WW 6frame d1.

Which is why most people will throw punish or attempt to counter-poke. It's not about punishing, it's about not being able to just throw it out.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Which is why most people will throw punish or attempt to counter-poke. It's not about punishing, it's about not being able to just throw it out.
The throw isn't a reliable punish though, the CW player can just do nj1 into a full combo. Both have to make a read, so therefore it's pretty safe.

xWildx

The throw isn't a reliable punish though, the CW player can just do nj1 into a full combo. Both have to make a read, so therefore it's pretty safe.

Once again, I never said it wasn't safe. I said anyone who knows what they're doing isn't going to just let you dash in for free, and if they do, you're playing the wrong people.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Once again, I never said it wasn't safe. I said anyone who knows what they're doing isn't going to just let you dash in for free, and if they do, you're playing the wrong people.
So what am I supposed to do to not just let CW MB cat dash in? Don't tell me MB b3 on reaction because its impossible to react to her cat dash lol.

xWildx

So what am I supposed to do to not just let CW MB cat dash in? Don't tell me MB b3 on reaction because its impossible to react to her cat dash lol.

I've had people neutral jump punish, and if you know it's coming it's not that hard to catch her with something while she's at disadvantage.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I've had people neutral jump punish, and if you know it's coming it's not that hard to catch her with something while she's at disadvantage.
Against a good Catwoman you never know when it's coming, and if you jump too early she can just do MB Cat Dash then and catch you off the air for a full combo. Trust me, I've played the MU way too much and it's near impossible to "not just let them dash in for free". ;) She needs it though. :)

xWildx

Against a good Catwoman you never know when it's coming, and if you jump too early she can just do MB Cat Dash then and catch you off the air for a full combo. Trust me, I've played the MU way too much and it's near impossible to "not just let them dash in for free". ;) She needs it though. :)

Yes, you're absolutely correct. I don't know why I'm arguing with a marshmallow anyway.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yes, you're absolutely correct. I don't know why I'm arguing with a marshmallow anyway.
If you use MB Catdash correctly it is indeed safe. Jumps will get blown up by it, the only thing they can do is MB B3. But considering you are usually using it while they are in an animation(whiffing a move, throwing a projectile, etc.) they will not have time to do that.

HOWEVER even though she is safe on block she is still at frame disadvantage, which means she basically has to block your d1 or whatever other offense.

The best things I can tell you are:

Be patient
Know all of her punishes
Know all of her HKD setups
Know how to Whiff Punish with her
Don't abuse her best tools.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You need to hit hard when you get them. Use the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combos for big damage.

As for actually hitting them.. That`s a different story. Totally matchup based. Nightwing is very hard to touch. Hawkgirl, you will never touch. But that`s more of an issue of the game design and not being about to move in this game without empty dashing and jumping around.

xWildx

If you use MB Catdash correctly it is indeed safe. Jumps will get blown up by it, the only thing they can do is MB B3. But considering you are usually using it while they are in an animation(whiffing a move, throwing a projectile, etc.) they will not have time to do that.

HOWEVER even though she is safe on block she is still at frame disadvantage, which means she basically has to block your d1 or whatever other offense.

I know it's safe... by "safe" I meant still at disadvantage and it's generally easy to tell when someone's going to do it.

Reborn

Noob
Jump 2 is very crucial to her game. If you hit a j2 you can f112 into a full combo, even from max distance. Her main key is SPACING. If you want to get serious with Catwoman I would definitely recommend learning the timings on how to punish every wakeup because her knockdown game is where she shines. Learning how to punish characters like Nightwing (and his flip kick) or Hawkgirl (and her mace charge) on wakeup is the key to opening up your opponent. Some of her matchups only allow her to get in once or twice so if you let them get away after a knockdown then you will have a bad time with Selina.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Jump 2 is very crucial to her game. If you hit a j2 you can f112 into a full combo, even from max distance. Her main key is SPACING. If you want to get serious with Catwoman I would definitely recommend learning the timings on how to punish every wakeup because her knockdown game is where she shines. Learning how to punish characters like Nightwing (and his flip kick) or Hawkgirl (and her mace charge) on wakeup is the key to opening up your opponent. Some of her matchups only allow her to get in once or twice so if you let them get away after a knockdown then you will have a bad time with Selina.
What's up reborn. I don't know if you know this or not but you easly dodge the mace charge by back dashing