What's new

Tech Catwoman's new crossup tech

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
But if they just block low they dont have to block the crossup, they can block either side. With the overhead they have to guess. Unless I am mistaken that they can block both sides by holding down, in which case you ould be right.

Also like I was saying, f11 also has better range making it more useful in more situations.
I agree. If the opponent wants to block low because they get flustered easily and it seems simpler to do, more power to the overhead. Yet it's still a 50/50 and a high level player will not be flustered into blocking low because it's 'simpler'.

The f1 has great range. the b1 isn't terrible either as she walks forward.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I agree. If the opponent wants to block low because they get flustered easily and it seems simpler to do, more power to the overhead. Yet it's still a 50/50 and a high level player will not be flustered into blocking low because it's 'simpler'.

The f1 has great range. the b1 isn't terrible either as she walks forward.

This goes back to what webreg was saying, blocking low does not force the opponent to guess which eliminates the crossup. The overhead forces them to guess. Using the b1 is less effective because no matter how many times you cross them up they can block down and be safe. That doesnt mean you should NEVER use the low option, but it does mean the f1 is effective in more situations, which is exactly what Webreg was saying.

Ninj

This goes back to what webreg was saying, blocking low does not force the opponent to guess which eliminates the crossup. The overhead forces them to guess. Using the b1 is less effective because no matter how many times you cross them up they can block down and be safe. That doesnt mean you should NEVER use the low option, but it does mean the f1 is effective in more situations, which is exactly what Webreg was saying.
How is holding down to block not a guess? You both are saying that reversing inputs somehow changes the fact that they have to choose to block low or block high. Yes, holding down is mentally and mechanically easier to do, but that's still a guess!

What I'm saying is a top level player has the reaction skills to understand what's happening and block low or high depending on how they want to block. Again, it's simpler to hold down, but that's their guess in the 50/50. It's still a guess that they have to make and it's still 50/50. I don't know how else to say it. Just because it's "simpler" (quoting because I don't believe it is but that appears to be part of the argument somehow) to hold down to block, that's still the guess you're making.

Zoidberg747

How is holding down to block not a guess? You both are saying that reversing inputs somehow changes the fact that they have to choose to block low or block high. Yes, holding down is mentally and mechanically easier to do, but that's still a guess!

What I'm saying is a top level player has the reaction skills to understand what's happening and block low or high depending on how they want to block. Again, it's simpler to hold down, but that's their guess in the 50/50. It's still a guess that they have to make and it's still 50/50. I don't know how else to say it. Just because it's "simpler" (quoting because I don't believe it is but that appears to be part of the argument somehow) to hold down to block, that's still the guess you're making.

You need to up your reading comprehension friendo. At the end of the day it will always be a 50/50 guess. No one said it wasn't. But this tech will be more effective if you do the overhead, as they have to know that you just crossed them over twice to know which way to block. Why would you spend so much time crossing them over, to just do the low which can be blocked by holding down? It is always a 50/50 dude, we know this.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
You need to up your reading comprehension friendo. At the end of the day it will always be a 50/50 guess. No one said it wasn't. But this tech will be more effective if you do the overhead, as they have to know that you just crossed them over twice to know which way to block. Why would you spend so much time crossing them over, to just do the low which can be blocked by holding down? It is always a 50/50 dude, we know this.
If your opponent thought like that then they should block high not low because they would expect the overhead. Thats why blocking either way is a guess. Neither is more effective because at the end of the day the likelihood of which one will hit is still like flipping a coin.

Zoidberg747

If your opponent thought like that then they should block high not low because they would expect the overhead. Thats why blocking either way is a guess. Neither is more effective because at the end of the day the likelihood of which one will hit is still like flipping a coin.
Fair enough

How do you dash over a downed opponent? Every time I try I don't hop past them and just stay on the same side.
First, just can do the dash if previously do double f3. When Catwoman is above the opponent, the key is to make the b2 as quickly as posible.
Watch the video, the timing isn't so dificult...

Ninj

So you can stuff this setup with wake ups? .__.

The tech uses b2 to semi-ambiguously cross through the opponent where the opponent then has to make a read: are you going to dash back to the other side or start pressure?
So...yeah. If your opponent makes the correct read and inputs the correct buttons and directionals based on that read, they could potentially stuff you. But the opponent has to commit to that in order to land the invincibility frames.