What's new

Tech Catwoman Tutorial Video by KH StarCharger - Fake Crossups and Follow-Ups

Howdy all! I came up with a pretty startling discovery to see that Catwoman's Jumping 3 on an HKD has the potential to cause some serious hell on a waking up opponent. For all Catwoman players to see and for everyone else to take note of, the potential this jump in attack has to open up an opponent just went from irrelevant to unreal in the biggest of ways. Keep in mind that if you want Catwoman's HKD setups to really become serious business, you need to have character specific setups. This is a good place to start and get going once you've opened up your opponent, the second vid explains how to take advantage of that and really widen up the damage spectrum. Leave comments and let me know what you think :)

Attachments

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Hate to be the debbie downer here man but you're committed to that jump, that screams wakeup, which blows it up.

Hate to be the debbie downer here man but you're committed to that jump, that screams wakeup, which blows it up.

Read the whole thread on where I mention, "Character Specific Setups" bro. Plus, if you saw the whole vid, you'd see where I would soar over the attacks and have an option select ready for a wake up that whiffs. Ask RiBBz22 how faithful the wakeup game was in these situations.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
This should be on the front page of test your might. But you know the administrators that runs this website. Only recognize tournament players and not random people like you or me that only been here for few month for me at least

Ra Helios

Read the whole thread on where I mention, "Character Specific Setups" bro. Plus, if you saw the whole vid, you'd see where I would soar over the attacks and have an option select ready for a wake up that whiffs. Ask RiBBz22 how faithful the wakeup game was in these situations.
You must not watch my videos. B1,2,3 is a very good move to use. It will get u 50% damage consistently

Ra Helios

Howdy all! I came up with a pretty startling discovery to see that Catwoman's Jumping 3 on an HKD has the potential to cause some serious hell on a waking up opponent. For all Catwoman players to see and for everyone else to take note of, the potential this jump in attack has to open up an opponent just went from irrelevant to unreal in the biggest of ways. Keep in mind that if you want Catwoman's HKD setups to really become serious business, you need to have character specific setups. This is a good place to start and get going once you've opened up your opponent, the second vid explains how to take advantage of that and really widen up the damage spectrum. Leave comments and let me know what you think :)

2,d2 is a very good tool for confusing your opponent and doing high damage in the process. Plus it confuse your opponent to think you are going for a mid but you actually going for a low which is amazing. Which alot of people don't know about but all the mix up will be explain in my guide video

This should be on the front page of test your might. But you know the administrators that runs this website. Only recognize tournament players and not random people like you or me that only been here for few month for me at least

Ra Helios, In all game characters we can see amazing techniques. I don't think they have to be on the main page of TYM. That's what the forums are divided by characters...

KH StarCharger Nice tech!! I will inspect it when I get home (I'm at work :( )

In class at the moment, but this looks promising. Although one question, since I can't watch the 2nd video. How does this idea hold up against Green Lantern and other characters with auto-correct wake ups?

Reborn

Noob
Yeeeeeeeeees, finally a way to make low whip setups become a left/right mixup on smaller characters! I don't know why I didn't think of trying out j3 but this will really help my game! I don't remember where this combo is on this forum so I can't give it its proper credit but the following can be used after the j3:

j3, 112, wiff MB dash, b3, f3, f2, trait = 52%
OR for a meterless option
j3, 1f2 = 23% (which isn't bad at all considering you get the classic hard knockdown setup)
j3, 112, trait = 35% (if you are going for pure damage and have trait)

In the combo you want to cat dash after the first hit of the 2 in 112 (you can also replace 112 with 12 for an extra 1% but it is stricter timing and really hard/not possible against smaller characters). This setup can become meter heavy but a very good option that more Catwoman players need to start using.

EDIT: Would also just like to say that you can do the following combo into this whip setup (obviously situational since it uses the bounce interactable):

j1, b12d3 xx claws, b3, f3, f2 bounce, f3, f2 xx MB dash, d+f3 = 48%
OR a more practical situation
j2, f112 xx claws, b3, f3, f2 bounce, f3, f2 xx MB dash, d+f3 = 47%

Combine the following with the j3 combo previously stated and you can get 100% or VERY close. Ending a combo in full trait also leaves you at range to either low whip or j2 to chip out the remaining 1-2%. Just throwing out a situation to show how much damage you can get from 1 opening and 1 ambiguous cross up.

Ra Helios

Ra Helios, In all game characters we can see amazing techniques. I don't think they have to be on the main page of TYM. That's what the forums are divided by characters...

KH StarCharger Nice tech!! I will inspect it when I get home (I'm at work :( )
They did it with Zatanna. A tournament player was using her. And show a commen sense tech. when you can see it by just going to the zatanna page thread. that why I am so mad when tournamnet player get recongnize with commen sense tech but when random people find these amazing tech. they don't want to post it on the front page of test your might.

Well actually I'm a tournament player in my own right lol. I've not been able to go to any majors recently so that's kept my notoriety back. Either way I don't make vids to get front page, I do it to spread some new knowledge and share that with those in the community.

They did it with Zatanna. A tournament player was using her. And show a commen sense tech. when you can see it by just going to the zatanna page thread. that why I am so mad when tournamnet player get recongnize with commen sense tech but when random people find these amazing tech. they don't want to post it on the front page of test your might.
I think you're too sensitive...

In class at the moment, but this looks promising. Although one question, since I can't watch the 2nd video. How does this idea hold up against Green Lantern and other characters with auto-correct wake ups?

Very Good actually. In fact, her HKD with whip trip enders is the reason why that matchup is actually in her favor believe it or not. He can't do squat about it.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Interesting:eek:ut of curiosity though, I noticed j.1 seemed to have a similar ability to crossup in the second video. Would that be viable for getting more damage in? Or is j.1 too unsafe on block?

Reborn

Noob
Interesting:eek:ut of curiosity though, I noticed j.1 seemed to have a similar ability to crossup in the second video. Would that be viable for getting more damage in? Or is j.1 too unsafe on block?
a blocked j1 allows you to 1 or d1 safely. The j1 works similarly to the setup in the video (and StarCharger actually made a video about this setup at the beginning of the game). Aside from tall characters, it crosses up on everybody. Delaying your j1 after low whip makes it land on the same side so you can get the left/right cross up options on most of the cast. The drawback with j1 is that it will always cross up on small characters. With j3, you get the left/right crossup on small characters that you cannot get with j1.

TL;DR: j1 does crossup and can be used in the setup, but it is a lot more character specific for an ambiguous setup.