What's new

Tech Catwoman Tip #6 (Low HitBox Cross-Up)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Against low hitbox characters, such as: Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hawk Girl, Shazam, The Joker, Harley Quinn, and Killer Frost. Catwoman gets a free cross up from 2, D+2xxStance3.(Corner Only)

Set the computer to block in the corner, and notice as it blocks the opposite direction. On hit, you can never tell this is a cross up, it just feels like an overhead or an unblockable.

You can delay the 3 after the stance, and potentially confuse your opponent as they block the opposite direction, or meter burn into her overhead for those who hold down to block. Anyway, have fun with this piece of technology.

*Note - Opponents must hold down, not down and back, otherwise it registers as holding back.

Big thank you to EGP Wonder_Chef for recording this for me in like 2 seconds.

Animalmilk

Kitten
This is definitely really interesting, I can't wait to mess around with this and see where this could go. Good find!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
By the way, this also works mid-screen.

If you use Catwoman, and haven't even took the time to look at this thread, then you're a damn fool. That is all.

LockM

Noob
This is a really nice discovery...though i wonder, how many people actually hold down as opposed to down back?

This is a really good setup! But since they can just down block the cross up, I think the best string to do this from is F1123. Since you have the option of doing F112 Cat Stance 3 or F1123. Where the F1123 is an overhead so you can't just down block the mix up for free. Also F1123 is a hard knock down so you put them right back in the mix up. And if you say this works from mid screen the F1 might be able to catch a back dash too!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This is a really good setup! But since they can just down block the cross up, I think the best string to do this from is F1123. Since you have the option of doing F112 Cat Stance 3 or F1123. Where the F1123 is an overhead so you can't just down block the mix up for free. Also F1123 is a hard knock down so you put them right back in the mix up. And if you say this works from mid screen the F1 might be able to catch a back dash too!
2 D+2 is +3.

2 D+2 is +3.
Oh that's the problem. But shouldn't we be looking at the block cancel advantage instead of the block advantage.

And wait a minute, what was I thinking? You can just stand block the F1123 and the F112 Cat Stance 3. There is still no mixup.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I've done this too. I never realized it was tech tho. I had this working from different strings as well tho where Selina's Cat stance 3 would cross through the opponent

skumz

Against low hitbox characters, such as: Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hawk Girl, Shazam, The Joker, Harley Quinn, and Killer Frost. Catwoman gets a free cross up from 2, D+2xxStance3.(Corner Only)

Set the computer to block in the corner, and notice as it blocks the opposite direction. On hit, you can never tell this is a cross up, it just feels like an overhead or an unblockable.

You can delay the 3 after the stance, and potentially confuse your opponent as they block the opposite direction, or meter burn into her overhead for those who hold down to block. Anyway, have fun with this piece of technology.

*Note - Opponents must hold down, not down and back, otherwise it registers as holding back.

Amazing find! I definitely will be using this!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

skumz

Can you do this off of back1, 2, down 3 and get the same outcome?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Y
Well if it connects then you hit on the same side and they get thrown back into the corner.
Yeah I know that much but I'm thinking about is most people block low. So if that won't connect which I'm thinking 70 percent of the time I will get screw in the corner waiting for a player to destroy me in it which I can block it but that is not the risk I'm willing to take but thanks for sharing the idea. Also thanks reborn for trying to help me out so I can understand.

Reborn

Noob
Y
Yeah I know that much but I'm thinking about is most people block low. So if that won't connect which I'm thinking 70 percent of the time I will get screw in the corner waiting for a player to destroy me in it which I can block it but that is not the risk I'm willing to take but thanks for sharing the idea. Also thanks reborn for trying to help me out so I can understand.
Yeah definitely. I agree that I would not throw it out very often but the more tools in the arsenal the better. Something else that I would like to point out is that if you are playing in Atlantis for example, even if they block the cross up stance 3, you can MB the water interactable and get damage through that. If they mash on d1 then you will not be able to get it off but just something to consider if your opponent has <20% health left.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Y
Yeah definitely. I agree that I would not throw it out very often but the more tools in the arsenal the better. Something else that I would like to point out is that if you are playing in Atlantis for example, even if they block the cross up stance 3, you can MB the water interactable and get damage through that. If they mash on d1 then you will not be able to get it off but just something to consider if your opponent has <20% health left.
Yeah I figure that out when I was plying with high level computers. You learn alot more then playing with bots then playing with players in my opinion. Most of the move I finds I find out about catwoman is on bots. The resets I made a video about I find that out by playing with random people.