What's new

Video/Tutorial Catwoman Match Up Tech!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Excellent video. It's a little fast. Sometimes it moved so quickly from one thing to the next that I didn't have time to see what you were showing me. Try freezing the video and giving us a second to read the caption before showing the video example.

Evade negates martian's MB orb??? That's awesome. And I love all the CS1 stuff.

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Excellent video. It's a little fast. Sometimes it moved so quickly from one thing to the next that I didn't have time to see what you were showing me. Try freezing the video and giving us a second to read the caption before showing the video example.

Evade negates martian's MB orb??? That's awesome.
Yeah sorry about that. I'll think about that next time.

wunotts83

Whipping it bad :(
Gotta love cw stance 1 :) good stuff man, im especially gonna use that on the ww mu, that will help me a bunch thanks .

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Not sure how useful the tech against Bane is mainly cause a good Bane will be level one venom on the first knockdown then go to level 2 so he has 2 hits of armor. And in the video he was on instant level 3 venom.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Not sure how useful the tech against Bane is mainly cause a good Bane will be level one venom on the first knockdown then go to level 2 so he has 2 hits of armor. And in the video he was on instant level 3 venom.
I actually forgot that level 2 gave him two hits of armor. Bane MU remains unwinnable :(

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It doesn't. All levels of venom have 1 hit.

The real problem is that Bane isn't doing armor on your knockdown. He does a meaty normal into armor that will stuff wakeup CS+1.

If you read grab into another grab you can beat it with a b+3 on her wakeup.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
It doesn't. All levels of venom have 1 hit.

The real problem is that Bane isn't doing armor on your knockdown. He does a meaty normal into armor that will stuff wakeup CS+1.

If you read grab into another grab you can beat it with a b+3 on her wakeup.
Okay I though I wasn't going crazy.

And so in other words.
This MU is shit

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Did they change her mb claws? Frame data says it's negative not plus... or at least not plus enough to get a free j1.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Okay I though I wasn't going crazy.

And so in other words.
This MU is shit

Unless I'm missing something drastic, yes. No tech will change the fact that she gets out footsied badly.

There's a simple formula for Selina matchups. If she gets out footsied and cannot jump easily she loses. Then it's just a matter of how bad.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Unless I'm missing something drastic, yes. No tech will change the fact that she gets out footsied badly.

There's a simple formula for Selina matchups. If she gets out footsied and cannot jump easily she loses. Then it's just a matter of how bad.
Well recently you've done pretty well against max, they haven't been blowouts, but that matchup still looks pretty ridiculous.ax is probably the only bane that you will lose to with CW, but still it's like a tug of war when you play it's not always completely one sided

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes

Mines is if I can't spam b3 or f1 I'm gonna have trouble.

That's her weakness if you out footsie her she's hopeless. That's why aquaman bane and sinestro is hard. Its not cause of their zoning. They all have something in common. dominant footsies, Aqua man has b12 and b2. Sinestro has b12 and air axe, and bane has cmd grab and d1. They also have the best anti airs in the game

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well recently you've done pretty well against max, they haven't been blowouts, but that matchup still looks pretty ridiculous.ax is probably the only bane that you will lose to with CW, but still it's like a tug of war when you play it's not always completely one sided

Yeah, but ultimately I almost always still lose. I can win a tournament set maybe once in 5.

Notice how often I win the 2/3 but lose the 3/5 by the way. This is the side effect of going to 3/5 that no one talked about. 3/5 can lead to hype sets but in some matchups it's going to make lower tier characters like Catwoman harder to do well with. I can maybe sneak by Max, Theo or Wound in a 2/3. 3/5 is a tall order.

That said I was thinking about playing a secondary for season 4 of GBS but I've probably decided against it.

@Laos_boy what's your gamertag. By the way some of these stuff I already know like the 1f2 stuff a lot of people wake ups. And others. but that cartwheel!!!!! I never knew it was that useful. I didn't even know that you can evade the orbs and walk right through it amazing. We should share tech with each other so we both can level up.

I don't trust lantern might. That cannot be easly stuff. I rarely stuff that when I played rebelo

Ugh switch from a 7-3 to a 7-3 lol.
Sinestro beats Catwoman so bad it not even funny. I though Catwoman did better than Harley. But I realized you need guns to stop trait
Sinestro and Catwoman is not a 7-3 mu. It is at least a good 4-6 sinestro player. You playing the Mu wrong that is why you believe it is a 7-3. The only 7-3 catwoman really has is lex Luther. Or it could be a 8-2 because catwoman can't really do anything when he has trait and trait regenerate every 4 sec which is op and not balance at all. Make the trait cool down for 11 second to make the character balance and not so brain dead. Doomsday should have 15sec cool down. Bain need 15s cool down because once Bain gets going the trait will take forever for it to go back to cool down.

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Sinestro and Catwoman is not a 7-3 mu. It is at least a good 4-6 sinestro player. You playing the Mu wrong that is why you believe it is a 7-3. The only 7-3 catwoman really has is lex Luther. Or it could be a 8-2 because catwoman can't really do anything when he has trait and trait regenerate every 4 sec which is op and not balance at all. Make the trait cool down for 11 second to make the character balance and not so brain dead. Doomsday should have 15sec cool down. Bain need 15s cool down because once Bain gets going the trait will take forever for it to go back to cool down.
@GGA 16 Bit thoughts?

Also my gt is The Ninja0925

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
ugh tell me what I'm doing wrong? How does Catwoman deal with sinestros d2 b12 and air axe. That MU does not seem like 4-6 lol bane not a 3-7 lol. Who are you ra Helios?

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Lex is a harder MU for Catwoman than Sinestro but definitely not 7-3. Bane has to be her worst MU. I mean really Bane is a nightmare, that's what made me pick the Flash as a secondary.
Btw @Laos_boy did you find a way to stuff Batman's slide? I did it today by accident and took it to the lab to try it. It works but the timing is really tight. Whenever you end a combo with 122, use her cartwheel. If timed correctly, you can hit Batman out of his invincibility. Try it whenever you can and keep me posted