What's new

Question Catwoman Corner Bomb Setups

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I have been trying to figure out how to utilize the gadget bombs on corner interactables like the car on wayne manor or the dumbbell in the gorilla grod stage.

Normally when you wall carry and start a combo in the corner, you cannot activate the bomb because your back is not to the corner. However, if you do a regular cat dash in the corner, you switch positions with opponent and are now in position to plant a bomb. The regular cat dash, however, does not grant a hard knockdown so your opponent can tech roll or wake up right in your face.

I have not been able to overcome both obstacles, but here is what I have so far.

B1,2d3, catstance 1, f2 up whip, 1,2 Cat dash (35%) Plant Bomb ( Hold away for a second to land just in the middle of the landable area) B3, Jump back 2, MB Cat dash, f3 (37%) This puts them right back in the corner. 72% total damage and regained corner pressure if everything goes according to plan.

You have to do either 1,2 or 112 after up whip. If you just do 1 or 11, if they wake up as soon as they land, the wake up will hit you. After you plant the bomb, you have to make sure you control it so you land in the middle. If you land too close, you won't be able to turn them around with jump back 2 and you wind up pushing them out of the corner. If you land too far, your b3 after the bomb will not connect.

I tried this with Lex Luthor set to do corp charge wakeup, and each time he woke up he got hit by the bomb before he could hit me.

Major weakness is that they can tech roll after the Catdash and escape the bomb which leaves about 15% damage on the table and you wind up cornering yourself.

Do you guys have any better setups?

@GGA 16 Bit
@Ra Helios
@KH StarCharger
@Reborn
@Ecodus
@KC H0oKsw0rds
@anyone who still plays catwoman

Last edited:

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I usually like to use a hard knock down (any of them) and then do a j3 or j1 cross up plant the bomb. After I jump away you can do a cat dash (MBed for combo) that if you b3, f3 you can knock back into the corner hkd and get good dmg off it. But it depends on the character, characters who get free wake ups on jump ins you can't really do this on.

I find doing d1 plant bomb checks when you're in the corner is a very useful way to get out of the corner, especially if you're and avid d1~catclawer like myself.

I have been trying to figure out how to utilize the gadget bombs on corner interactables like the car on wayne manor or the dumbbell in the gorilla grod stage.

Normally when you wall carry and start a combo in the corner, you cannot activate the bomb because your back is not to the corner. However, if you do a regular cat dash in the corner, you switch positions with opponent and are now in position to plant a bomb. The regular cat dash, however, does not grant a hard knockdown so your opponent can tech roll or wake up right in your face.

I have not been able to overcome both obstacles, but here is what I have so far.

B1,2d3, catstance 1, f2 up whip, 1,2 Cat dash (35%) Plant Bomb ( Hold away for a second to land just in the middle of the landable area) B3, Jump back 2, MB Cat dash, f3 (37%) This puts them right back in the corner. 72% total damage and regained corner pressure if everything goes according to plan.

You have to do either 1,2 or 112 after up whip. If you just do 1 or 11, if they wake up as soon as they land, the wake up will hit you. After you plant the bomb, you have to make sure you control it so you land in the middle. If you land too close, you won't be able to turn them around with jump back 2 and you wind up pushing them out of the corner. If you land too far, your b3 after the bomb will not connect.

I tried this with Lex Luthor set to do corp charge wakeup, and each time he woke up he got hit by the bomb before he could hit me.

Major weakness is that they can tech roll after the Catdash and escape the bomb which leaves about 15% damage on the table and you wind up cornering yourself.

Do you guys have any better setups?

@GGA 16 Bit
@Ra Helios
@KH StarCharger
@Reborn
@Ecodus
@KC H0oKsw0rds
@anyone who still plays catwoman
Hello dude, you're in the right direction, if you want, here's some setups that i created with interactives.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Hello dude, you're in the right direction, if you want, here's some setups that i created with interactives.

Did you just meter burn 2 catdashes on the batcave lagoon stage after you threw the barrel?
The f2d31 string is hella slow.
Chemist, I can't find any better option than dashing in the corner. 95% of the cast's wake ups get stuffed by the bomb. However, after the bomb, I personally MB catdash, B3 F3 F2 Trait (48% I believe) or 112~straight whip (~43% and puts them back in the corner)

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Did you just meter burn 2 catdashes on the batcave lagoon stage after you threw the barrel?
The f2d31 string is hella slow.
Chemist, I can't find any better option than dashing in the corner. 95% of the cast's wake ups get stuffed by the bomb. However, after the bomb, I personally MB catdash, B3 F3 F2 Trait (48% I believe) or 112~straight whip (~43% and puts them back in the corner)
This is nice. I like ending with the F3 though cause it lets you get a free catdash afterwards that puts you right in front of the opponents and lets you mix them up if they don't have a good wake up.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I have toyed with this set up as well. I do the same thing, but have not tested it enough against all the popular wakeups per chars, it works on some and not on others and tech rolls beat it clean like you pointed out. Some wakeups that are airborn like DS sword flip produce a different pop up than say Lex corp charge, and others like MMH teleport track you anyway :(

Here is a specific bomb set up I was messing with that I have not tested on very many chars wakeups for getting the bomb plant but the damage is good and the bomb set up is unclashable if as you said, everything goes according to plan.

Wayne Manor great room right side
b1,1,d3, cs1, f2~db1, 1,2~bf2- 35%, 38% with j2 start, 31% if you start with OH f1,1,2 string
bomb plant into mb cat dash, b3, f3 (that pushs them away, not the juggle or you can get blown up by wakeups) 35%, (38% mb b3, 40% if you mb b3 & f3 incase your feeling frisky)
leaves you right next to the piano to throw it for 20%

It all adds up to 35%+35%+20%=90% for 1 bar with 55% unclashable. you can also instead of doing the f3 that pushs them away do the juggle version and then a d2 which is 36% and throw the piano for a free OTG beating any wakeup even supers and putting them back in the corner, but the d2 can get clashed. Another option is also to just throw the piano if the bomb hits them since you land right next to it and it beats supes super wakeup and keeps them cornered so that's good to go if you ask me.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I have toyed with this set up as well. I do the same thing, but have not tested it enough against all the popular wakeups per chars, it works on some and not on others and tech rolls beat it clean like you pointed out. Some wakeups that are airborn like DS sword flip produce a different pop up than say Lex corp charge, and others like MMH teleport track you anyway :(

Here is a specific bomb set up I was messing with that I have not tested on very many chars wakeups for getting the bomb plant but the damage is good and the bomb set up is unclashable if as you said, everything goes according to plan.

Wayne Manor great room right side
b1,1,d3, cs1, f2~db1, 1,2~bf2- 35%, 38% with j2 start, 31% if you start with OH f1,1,2 string
bomb plant into mb cat dash, b3, f3 (that pushs them away, not the juggle or you can get blown up by wakeups) 35%, (38% mb b3, 40% if you mb b3 & f3 incase your feeling frisky)
leaves you right next to the piano to throw it for 20%

It all adds up to 35%+35%+20%=90% for 1 bar with 55% unclashable. you can also instead of doing the f3 that pushs them away do the juggle version and then a d2 which is 36% and throw the piano for a free OTG beating any wakeup even supers and putting them back in the corner, but the d2 can get clashed. Another option is also to just throw the piano if the bomb hits them since you land right next to it and it beats supes super wakeup and keeps them cornered so that's good to go if you ask me.
I have a 102% setup for the samurai corner. You only need 1 bar of meter because you build another bar in the process of the combo. It goes like this:

B12D3, catstance 1, f2 up whip, 1,2 MB cat dash, crossover jump 3 (43%) plant bomb, b3, j2,f2 MB cat dash, f3 (39%) toss piano (20% you land right in front of it).

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I have a 102% setup for the samurai corner. You only need 1 bar of meter because you build another bar in the process of the combo. It goes like this:

B12D3, catstance 1, f2 up whip, 1,2 MB cat dash, crossover jump 3 (43%) plant bomb, b3, j2,f2 MB cat dash, f3 (39%) toss piano (20% you land right in front of it).
I had a feeling that someone would have one lol. I didn't investigate much further on what I was doing because I like the large unclashble damage and anytime I've gotten to try it (which is about twice) the other persons life bar is nearly half way down anyway. But I'll try that because ya never know when you might need it.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Apollo vulturi is the guy for you when it comes to interactable set ups. You know whenever you online I can show you some of my interactable combos

Last edited: