What's new

Question Cat Dash Okizeme?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
To be honest, this is mostly theory based off of frame data and a particular strategy from my Guilty Gear main. If this doesn't work, my apologies.

Anyhow, the basic gist is to end combos with 1f2 then follow up with a Cat Dash. If they try to wakeup, simply MB the Cat Dash to blow them up.

Obviously this wouldnt work for certain wakeups like Parries and Armor ignoring traits, but based off my experience wirh Gunblaze crossups as HOS in GG, this will put enough fear into the opponent to open them up to our mixups.

Thoughts?

Lots of wake ups have invincibility effectively eating your Meter.

But lots of us do f3 second hit whiff dash v whiff meter burn to end combos on occasion. It's hard to block as is a cross up if you aren't looking for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ELC

Scrublord McGee
When you say Invincibility, do you mean on startup or throughout the entire move?

Because I'm sure the armor on MB Cat Dash can still work against the former if timed properly. Good thing I'm home now so I can hit the lab ^_^

CRUM

Noob
Occasionally ill catch people on wakeup after successfully hitting them in an interractable with MB Catdash. I don't do it often, but you'd be surprised how often it connects.

Ive tested this multiple times against the best wakeups and I'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't work. If wakeups didn't have invincibility then we'd be getting somewhere with this.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Fair enough ... still, glad to be picking up Catwoman: she seems to appeal to both my fighting style and my scientific curiosity. ^_^

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If they are familiar with the MU then they can wakeup and blow it up.

However, 99% of the playerbase right now will get blown up when you do this because they do not know it crosses up(at least the first few times you do it)

Sometimes it is just better to bait wakeups though.

Reborn

Noob
This tech can only really be used on a player to player basis. If someone is holding back to block (or down back) then you can blow them up with this. However once they realize the gimmick, then should be able to just hold down to block and full combo punish. Somehow Krayzie still uses this MB dash on wakeup and it blows my mind how many times people get hit by it. It has some uses but personally I am not a fan due to the meter is wastes, some wakeups have enough invincibility to beat it out, and the fact that when it gets blocked, it is extremely unsafe.