What's new

Capcom to win over MK in Injustice? Debate

da truff

da truff will set you free...
So looking at things from a table poin of view it looks like the Capcom guys are finding all the goodies and breaking down the game for us. Lots of MK guys are complaining about things like footsies without mindless dashing that was in mk9 and many other aspects like poke special chains. Chris G is already looking like the strongest player by far and has the most incredible Batman from what I seen on the stream. I mean its not prominent that the Capcom pros are adjusting the best since things like poke special chains and non-cancellable dashing is part of SF mechanics. But am I the only one who thinks the Capcom side of players are going to roll over us mk guys and shine when the game comes out?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
To be fair, how many mk high level players have you seen on stream? All you know is that a few people brought up a valid concern or two and some people took it to extremes on both ends of the discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Pig Of The Hut was finding stuff as well, he was just here sharing with everyone yesterday.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Well first off it's a demo, I think people need to realize this. Whatever Chris G was doing on stream yesterday will be irrelevant come UFGT9 and the other Injustice tournaments. Second of all the American Capcom guys don't even win in their own game (SSF4). So no I don't think Capcom will beat MK players in an NRS game. Not to mention Chris G was a top MK player before he started taking all the Capcom guy's money.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
in time, I guess that overall MK players gonna prevail .... maybe capcom dudes do well at the beginning of competitive scene, and in the first IGAU tourneys, but in medium term, TYM tops will have a much better understanding of this game, and will be the majority of elite players .... just a matter of time until them get used with a new mechanic and get trained in this IGAU gameplay ...... MK players will prove that , regarding fighiting games made by NRS, they are the best.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
jer and i were streaming all day and found with lex that you could reset in the corner with ex beam since its unblockable.
cant do a wake up, get hit too.
i have a mid screen version up that i posted yesterday when i was on my stream, right after jer lol
your video is sort of what i was hoping would comeout of the discovery. you could also just use the missles right after an uppercut when you do it as a combo and they are fucked LOL

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
You're basing your opinion of the MK community on posts made by people.....like me. lol.

I have no FG fundamentals, as MK9 was the only fighting game I ever gave a crap to learn on a competitive level, so naturally, I won't be at a competent level in Injustice for a long time.

I'm sure the top MK players have some background in other fighting games (like PL and CDjr), will adjust quickly, and give Capcom a run for their money.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Too early to know anything about anyone.

I'll say this though as a Marvel player. Don't sleep on anything with Chris G, F. Champ, and J. Wong. They are god damned legit. They read people, they control match pace, and they learn their characters and matchups to an amazingly technical level. Its why all three can enter into other Fighting games and be just as viable in it as in their main games. They WILL be contenders in this game too. They are the pro-est of the pros.
Treat them as such because no one is going to play them at any fighter and be at an advantage. You have to level up your game as well as they do to compete and they are very thorough. Dont sleep on this MK guys. You got a lot to take on in those 3. Just count their major tourney wins and top 3 rankings. Its ridiculous how many those 3 have.

da truff

da truff will set you free...
I'll say this though as a Marvel player. Don't sleep on anything with Chris G, F. Champ, and J. Wong. They are god damned legit. They read people, they control match pace, and they learn their characters and matchups to an amazingly technical level. Its why all three can enter into other Fighting games and be just as viable in it as in their main games. They WILL be contenders in this game too. They are the pro-est of the pros.
Treat them as such because no one is going to play them at any fighter and be at an advantage. You have to level up your game as well as they do to compete and they are very thorough. Dont sleep on this MK guys. You got a lot to take on in those 3. Just count their major tourney wins and top 3 rankings. Its ridiculous how many those 3 have.
This is pretty much how i feel about the capcom pros now. Chris G is arguably on a level of his own and by the looks of it no one ive seen in all the demo gameplay videos comes close to his skill with Batman. He plays super precise calculated and it seems to be driving everybody nuts already. I think the mk community doesnt know how good these guys are because they dont play SF and Marvel. Now that these 3 are actually focusing on injustice its huge trouble for all of us.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
At first i think the capcom will prevail, but if this community finally grows up and stops whining about things that arent even real issues and adapt then maybe we stand a chance

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This is pretty much how i feel about the capcom pros now. Chris G is arguably on a level of his own and by the looks of it no one ive seen in all the demo gameplay videos comes close to his skill with Batman. He plays super precise calculated and it seems to be driving everybody nuts already. I think the mk community doesnt know how good these guys are because they dont play SF and Marvel. Now that these 3 are actually focusing on injustice its trouble for all of us.
hum .... probably, perhaps, maybe .... but the door swings both ways, and they have to be careful , and never take lightly the best of the best MK pro players as well, once all of them reach in short time, a very good skill level in IGAU .... so, will be a true war in IGAU majors, in order to prove what background in previous fighting games, can help/do major influence better to do well in IGAU : players coming from MK competitive scene, or players coming from Capcom fg competition ? :confused: :eek:

Spletty

Grandmaster
Mk will win. Everyone says it plays so different, which it does, but it's the same system. We accept the goofy quirks while others bash them.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This is pretty much how i feel about the capcom pros now. Chris G is arguably on a level of his own and by the looks of it no one ive seen in all the demo gameplay videos comes close to his skill with Batman. He plays super precise calculated and it seems to be driving everybody nuts already. I think the mk community doesnt know how good these guys are because they dont play SF and Marvel. Now that these 3 are actually focusing on injustice its huge trouble for all of us.

I think the biggest mistake is thinking of these guys as "Capcom Pros".

Chris G, Justin Wong, and F. Champ are just plain fighting game pros PERIOD. They can pick up any fighter and their fundamentals are so damned amazing with reading opponents and their approach to character setups and combos just off of basic stuff like movement speed and hitboxes that they blow people up without par.

They are pros. Capcom just happened to put out the biggest competitive fighting scenes due to their fanbase and they put out a lot of cash. Just remember that.

ABOUT CHRIS G
Chris G is damn near unthrowable with his teching speed and he has some of the fastest punish and movement reactions of anyone alive. He excels in 2 kinds of play. Crossing up dudes with long combos and zoners. He likes to either keep you frustrated at full screen to force you to make bold and punishable movements or he will inch his way in with guys like Ryu and do short tick checks till he can setup for his big combos. He is damned good at mixups and controlling space in games period. His worst enemy is himself. If he makes a bad mistake he will literally beat himself up till he is mindfucked. I've seen him take his hands off and just sit there shaking his head before crushed over an input buffer sending out shin shoryuken and blowing his meter in the middle of an insane match. He stopped playing Ryu after over a year of rocking him after that...its what brought about Morrigan-Doom IMO. He had his team and was only toying with Firebrand till that. Anyhow just try to mindfuck him and DONT do sloppy shit he can beat out or he will react and do it.

ABOUT JUSTIN WONG
Justin Wong is a pressure machine and he does best with his back to the wall. If he starts losing its like he gets tighter and calmer. Far more controlled and just by God increases in skill. Probably only second to Chris G in terms of his ability to punish on reaction...likely better if he has the right character. DO NOT stop putting pressure on Justin Wong. He loses if you keep your offense constant. Do NOT allow him time to recover because he reads PLAYERS not matchups. If you womp him and let off he will download your shit and the match will get worlds harder. He also holds more EVO championships and major tournament championships and major tourney top 3 spots than anyone else alive on the planet today in several games. He is as good as they get.

ABOUT F. CHAMP
F. Champ is a heel on purpose. He plays dudes that control space and put up WALLS of offense in front of him. He is fast, he is technical and he reads people in a way unique to him...he reads frustration and can sense when he can get you to make sloppy choices. He plays heel to get in you head and plays dudes like Seth, Dark Phoenix and Dormammu just to control space like mad and have big damage. He breaks your composure with his nonstop runaway offense and his combos are always built for maximum damage. He is dirty as fuck at mixups and does them constantly. He probably throws out more setups than anyone else i've seen in a match just because it puts sooooo much mental stress on players. He does it and then sits full screen douchebag chipping you too and runs in to do it again. He forces you to play his pace and he is a major asshole about it just to make you play sloppy and angry. The thing is he is just as good as both other guys I mentioned. He's one of the best in the world at every fighter he's ever went in on. He will be at this one too.​
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THIS IS WHO AND WHAT YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR FROM NOW ON.
You wanted to be considered one of the biggest tournament titles out there...this is what you face now that you got it. Dont get upset when you discover that they are not going to be blown away by any players MK or otherwise. They will put any player through their paces and you can't sleep on competition this talented. Pros are pros at everything. These dudes are pros.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So looking at things from a table poin of view it looks like the Capcom guys are finding all the goodies and breaking down the game for us. Lots of MK guys are complaining about things like footsies without mindless dashing that was in mk9 and many other aspects like poke special chains. Chris G is already looking like the strongest player by far and has the most incredible Batman from what I seen on the stream. I mean its not prominent that the Capcom pros are adjusting the best since things like poke special chains and non-cancellable dashing is part of SF mechanics. But am I the only one who thinks the Capcom side of players are going to roll over us mk guys and shine when the game comes out?

Yea I found lex reset and a ton

Didn't see anyone on chris stream or srk showing it off

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
not at all. at first yea it felt super weird.. but after two days of nonstop playing ive adjusted great and can now beat the demo in very hard fairly easy

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I didn't realize showing some Batman combos automatically made you skilled.

This game is a mix of ALL the games, and the people who want to adapt, will. Pig Of The Hut already showed some cool shit with Lex in what, one day after the demo? Imagine what him and others will find months after the FULL game releases.

They might have some sort of pseudo advantage because they're on familiar ground, but the dedicated will catch up quick.