What's new

Capcom says they're in favor of a future MK vs. SF crossover!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dont read to much into that comment. I cant ever see Capcom as a company wanted to do that. but who knows i suppose, but still, your looking at it in an entirely different context

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Tim, yeah I hear what you're saying also Rob as well but have to admit...this is one crossover that fans from both sides wanted since the 90's. From what I'm reading so far, it's a few reps from capcom(including this guy) who has interest, and boon already said he's down...seems very open about it.

The violence factor would have to be dealt with and the whole "gameplay" would have to be discussed I'm sure the game would be 2D most likely if it did happen...

I can understand keeping them separate, some people want this, others don't and some think it would be a bad move for both WB and Capcom but could also be a huge money cow for both for other reasons....such as getting the fighting game back at the top. I mean SF alone is cool, MK alone is cool but neither can compete with the "COD's and Halos" of today you know what I mean? So if nothing else, at least it would be helping the fighting genre even more you know?

Personally, I think Capcom could be a little open with the violence(perhaps not to the level of MK) but somewhat I mean look at Dead Rising, RE series lol. I'd want to see Ryu bleed a little ;)

The art style would have to be in between, SF's is far too PG for MK guys and MK is far too dark for SF lol so if this did happen there would have to be a lot of things discussed bigtime between WB and Capcom and the MK/SF teams.

Two crossovers I'd say I'd be for are "MK vs. SF and DC vs. Marvel" (of course don't make them canon) but for fun...

Tim Static

Adminerator
I can guarantee you there is more fans of each who dont want than want. (i am one of them and i LOVE both)

jus sayin.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I can guarantee you there is more fans of each who dont want than want. (i am one of them and i LOVE both)

jus sayin.
Really?

Lets make a poll on SRK. I want to see this for myself.

I've been wanting to see an MKvsSF since I was younger, I really don't get it...

A crossover like Tekken X Street Fighter does no harm to either game. Both use their own engine, and the original title will still exist, as SSFIV AE will even after TXS or SXT come out. This of course is if MK9 is good. I wouldnt see capcom working on a Kai tier Ryu.

MKF30

jus sayin.
Don't know, there seems to be a lot of fans for it and some against it as well so far on every MK site I visit or post about this news. I have to say though, teaming up with MK is apparently hard to due with the violence alone....DC and Marvel would be no different, they wouldn't allow a decapitated Batman or Spiderman lol so I'm wondering if Capcom would be cool with ken's head being ripped off by Subby.

I guess we'll have to wait and see Tim :)

MKF30

At this point fuckit. Maybe MKDC was so god damned ridiculous to make MKvsSF sound sane.
MK has pretty much turned into SF anyway with MK9 (Should we be calling it MK0 since it's a prequel?), I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for the engines to shake hands somewhere in the middle, unlike the old days.

It will most likely be a MK that I wouldn't want to play if it is anything like SF4 and it's 3 variations per year.
Having the Japanese admit that America has made a good fighter and gaining Japanese players doesn't mean shit if your game isn't your own engine/style.

It would be good for WB, not necessarily for MK fans. But what else is new.
Well, they could go the route of that of SF X Tekken and Tekken X SF lol where each company makes their own version of the game....I could see that possibly. MK's version would be darker, more bloody and have more MK elements..Capcom's version would be not as violent, play more like SF and you'd see how Capcom would create MK guys and vice versa.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Having the Japanese admit that America has made a good fighter and gaining Japanese players doesn't mean shit if your game isn't your own engine/style.
I disagree...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Its a step in the right direction, imo... lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Really?

Lets make a poll on SRK. I want to see this for myself.

I've been wanting to see an MKvsSF since I was younger, I really don't get it...

A crossover like Tekken X Street Fighter does no harm to either game. Both use their own engine, and the original title will still exist, as SSFIV AE will even after TXS or SXT come out. This of course is if MK9 is good. I wouldnt see capcom working on a Kai tier Ryu.
Everytime its brought up on SRK, majority always shoots it down and trolls it so badly it gets closed.

The idea is just so stupid, but then again, so is SF v Tekken. :/

MKF30

The SF and MK fans who love both care ^ lol(not saying me, give me MK any day over SF) but since you asked :p it's a combination of a few things, the fans who grew up playing both and love both, the fans who are in love with crossovers(some people love them, others hate them) and the fact that crossovers seem to be "the thing" now apparently, from Hulk vs. Chun Li to Yoda vs. Voldo to Subby vs. Batman lol if the idea attracts people enough to buy it, that's all that matters to the people who make them.

P.S. I can't see judging MK9 just yet when nobody has played the game...kind of flawed logic for whoever said that. Just saying, that's kind of like saying well the 2012 Impala will suck because of how it looks...

"Judging a game several months before it's out, much less before playing it is as silly as judging a car by just the looking at it without even driving it" -MKF30

Since we're doing quotes...lol

BTW, honestly no disrespect to anyone in particular but if you are a TRUE gamer an actually, really follow MK and SF then you know damn well MK is NOTHING like SF...MK for one is A. darker, B. has a storyline, C. more developed characters, D. was the first fighter to start the juggle system, E. IS a million TIMES more bloody, violent and F. has totally different gameplay then SF....so please.

The only thing that's the same concerning SF and MK is both are known for being 2D...woah..that's nothing, since we all know there's been 2D games long before SF, Mario, Sonic, Karate Cham, I can go on...so it's kind of dumb to say MK is like SF or vice versa...nothing remotely alike.

DevilJin

Noob
I think most people want to see a MK v SF because both franchises have been out for so long but it hasn't happened yet, and out of curiosity of how it may turn out (much like Tekken v SF). I honestly don't see whats wrong with a crossover, but some people seem to absolutely hate change or uniqueness. I hope this happens just to see how they would do it, and how it would turn out. Either way I think somewhere down the road MK v SF will be made one way or another.