What's new

Capcom announces Street Fighter's 25th Anniversary in 2012

Tim Static

Adminerator

August 30 is the series' official 25th birthday, but that wont stop Capcom from celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter all 2012 long.

From Capcom-Unity.com:

Can you believe Ryu has been throwing fireballs and scarring chests for a quarter century? For 25 years Street Fighter's iconic hero has wandered the globe in search of the perfect battle, and to commemorate his quest - not to mention the millions of fans who've followed him every step of the way - we're preparing some big plans for 2012. The full details of this international celebration are still to come, but I can at least share the official logo that'll emblazon all related products through the year.
I'm kind of a date freak, so I feel compelled to mention August 30 is the series' official 25th birthday. I hear Ryu prefers mizuyokan, if anyone's buying.

On a personal level, while the last several iterations of SF havent been something Ive cared much for, I do realize without them, and SF in general NONE of us would be here, and the Fighting Game community in general wouldn't be where its at. Say what you want, but SF4 also heavily influenced MK9 as well. But lets give credit where credit is do and congratulate Capcom on 25 Years and some seriously amazing fighting games in those 25 years.

Thank you.

NOW, TYM: Share your favorite Street Fighter moments/game/etc. Only positive vibes allowed in here. Insulting, trolling will be removed and dealt with accordingly. Thanks!

Noob
On a personal level, while the last several iterations of SF havent been something Ive cared much for, I do realize without them, and SF in general NONE of us would be here, and the Fighting Game community in general wouldn't be where its at. Say what you want, but SF4 also heavily influenced MK9 as well. But lets give credit where credit is do and congratulate Capcom on 25 Years and some seriously amazing fighting games in those 25 years.

Thank you.
First and foremost: Congratulations Capcom and Congratulations Street Fighter!

Much like [MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION] I am not a huge fan of the SF4 series... I play(ed) it very casually but never seriously or competitively. Regardless of that, Street Fighter has been a huge influence on my life since Street Fighter 1 when I purposely chose to always use the p2 side to use Ken. Ken has been my favorite fighter in SF since day one, and my second overall favorite character in fighting games(Scorpion is #1). Without Street Fighter, the groundwork for Mortal Kombat would have never been laid and we would not be where we are today as a fighting game community.

Our history is deeply rooted in the beginnings that were Street Fighter and Yie Ar Kung Fu. Thank you again, Capcom, for being innovative and paving the way for fighting games that would eventually compete with you... many of which have helped shape who and what I am today.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Much respect, even though Capcom lately hasn't been the best. Can we have an official announcement for Mega Man's 25th as well?

Just kinda hoping the rumor of Bad Boxart Mega Man being in SFxT isn't true, good lord.