What's new

Capcom announces $500k Tournament Series

Hitoshura

Head Cage
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/02/21/12_new_characters_revealed_for_vita_version_of_street_fighter_x_tekken,_more_25th_anniversary_details

Capcom just blew away the whole "capcom doesn't support the community" talk with the 500k pot for a tournament series. Not also that, their is very strong rumor that IGN is involved...and doesn't IGN have a leave as well? #Kappa

This year is the GREATEST year the FGC has ever had.
I think they wanna top MLG's cash pot of 16k. To bad capcoms 500k pot might come with some dlc you have to purchase to get the whole thing.

lol I kid of course

I think they wanna top MLG's cash pot of 16k. To bad capcoms 500k pot might come with some dlc you have to purchase to get the whole thing.

lol I kid of course
Naw this was planned way ahead. Capcom has hinted for a long time they wanted to do something BIG for their 25th anniversary. This makes perfect sense why they said somebody in capcom was stopping Capcom and MLG from happening. It was because IGN and Capcom were probably working together.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Naw this was planned way ahead. Capcom has hinted for a long time they wanted to do something BIG for their 25th anniversary. This makes perfect sense why they said somebody in capcom was stopping Capcom and MLG from happening. It was because IGN and Capcom were probably working together.
What game is this gonna be for. Umvc3, sff4 ae 2012, sfXt, jo jo's bizarre adventure?

All they've mentioned is that SFxT will be part of this, but that's it. It's unclear otherwise of anything (The $500K could be split among 10 countries' events, for instance).