What's new

Cant Stop Johnny Cage ):

redeyes

Button Masher
I dont know if its because im playing online not offline but once i mess up once VS a johnny cage (a good one) i feel like i lost the match. i feel like there isnt much mileena can do to escape his frame trap/ corner pressure if he keeps you standing with a nut punch she has no armored moves. and tips on beating a good johnny cage? i mean it says this match up is in Mileenas favor.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
It seems to me that Milly's best chance against Cage is to zone him out for most of the fight with d4 and air/ground sais. If you want to rush in at him, make damn sure you've got enough meter to break. It takes 27 whiffed sais, 8 blocked sais, or twelve blocked normals to build one bar of meter, so it might take some patience. If you find yourself heading for a corner, you can ex telekick to get yourself moving in the opposite direction. Hope that helps some.

leek

Noob
It's partially online.

Has anyone done frame data on Mileena, yet? If so, if she has any 6 frame moves she can get out of the frame traps. Whenever Cage does the Knee~and swings his fist across, you can interrupt there with a 6 frame or less attack and get out. D+1 or D+3 usually are the options unless her teleport is active fast enough to leave the situation, you know? I don't play Mileena so I really couldn't tell you her options obviously..

But yeah try to use D+1 or D+3 after a volley of F+3,2 (he might add D+1 after the swinging fist to truly make it a frame trap) and if it's fast enough it comes down to input lag and etc since you're playing online.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
My only answer is zone, and make sure you mix up your game A LOT. Keep him on his toes, and play smart.

Lol, Johnny cage is BS. Infinite lockdown pressure unless you gamble a D1 or D3 to poke out of it. Just pray he doesn't have meter or you risk eating a EN nutpunch or worse X-ray. I think he should definitely have more disadvantage on block strings, but I digress.

The reason people think it's in Mil's favor is because Cage used to have an issue with zoning. Now of course, with EN shadow Kick this is not the case. Mil does have the advantage of a low hitbox making her D3 go under some of his frame trap setups. (his f3,2, or the 2nd hit of the f3,3,B3 string to name a couple)

To an extent she can zone him, but if he blocks anything unsafe or catches your crossover you are screwed. It's dumb really.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
After a few games with an really pressure-heavy Cage player.
I've found out something that is very useful to found a basic stategy off of.
When Cage performs his kick string, block low.
The next step is going to take good reaction and a good read.
What you're hoping for is the kick which overheads.
When you see this kick let go of crouch, or fuzzy-guard.
This will push him back (similar to an advanced guard in MvC) far enough to retaliate.
I didn't have enough time to study the efficient way to respond to the push back.
But the Cage player can also cancel into special, instead of the overhead kick.
You can block them all low, and punish in this case.
But an Enhance ball can keep you locked down.

Hope I helped.

Blocking low also prevents his en forceball pressure I believe, adding another reason to do so.
Yep, block low and fuzzy guard his overheads. He will have to modify his block strings to keep pressure going and most JC players don't know how to do that, especially online.

For whatever reason, I've been facing tons of mileena's lately (I'm a JC player), and my best options are to punish your specials (roll and teleport), its very easy to go from this blocks into a nut punch and then apply pressure
However, I'm never actually able to punish an EN teleport followed with a sai, nor can I get a hit out of anything after blocking the 3 hits. So I'd recommend you stay as far away as possible and then if you're feeling risky, use your meter on EN teleports.

Yeah if you're playing online against a good Cage your screwed because those frametraps might as well be infinites they are incredibly hard to get out of unless you let him hit you and you breaker it

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Yeah if you're playing online against a good Cage your screwed because those frametraps might as well be infinites they are incredibly hard to get out of unless you let him hit you and you breaker it
Yeah, they're hard to get out of but it's more the case that a good Cage times and mixes up his strings to negate a counter. You can get out by jumping or poking but JC can also counter both, so, you really just don't want to be in that position in the first place.

The problem is, because he has a free counter against zoning with EN Shadow Kick, you simply can't zone him too long. You can check him with Sai pressure into max range D4s and D3s, but it's almost inevitable that he will be in your face. D3 is your way out of frame traps as long as he doesn't armor out or use the overhead kick.

EN Telekick~Sai is punished with D1 into dash combos... which basically means doing so gives Cage 25% and nut punch. Not easy to do 100% of the time, but it's doable. Maybe not online though.

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
I dont know if its because im playing online not offline but once i mess up once VS a johnny cage (a good one) i feel like i lost the match. i feel like there isnt much mileena can do to escape his frame trap/ corner pressure if he keeps you standing with a nut punch she has no armored moves. and tips on beating a good johnny cage? i mean it says this match up is in Mileenas favor.
I'll have to pick up that easy to use Op character, if thats the only way ill beat you, that or keep playing kano.. I only counter pick you.

Cage is a horrible matchup for Mileena. I believe its 7-3 in Cage favor. Cage can punish teleport wth B+3 into 30% combos ending in nut punch. And when cage is up close Mileena has no chance. Mileena is still one of the best and has the tools to win but characters like Lao, Cage, Ermac are horrible matchups for mileena.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Cage is a horrible matchup for Mileena. I believe its 7-3 in Cage favor. Cage can punish teleport wth B+3 into 30% combos ending in nut punch. And when cage is up close Mileena has no chance. Mileena is still one of the best and has the tools to win but characters like Lao, Cage, Ermac are horrible matchups for mileena.
Well Ermac to me in very easy to beat. Its easier to beat Cage, than Lao to me. But i like the challenge. But so far i have not really played one i couldnt figure out by round 2.

Well Ermac to me in very easy to beat. Its easier to beat Cage, than Lao to me. But i like the challenge. But so far i have not really played one i couldnt figure out by round 2.
Really eh? I thought Ermac, KL and cage are mileenas worst 3 match ups. Ermac can punish a blocked telekick so hard.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I have so much Ermac experience it's not even funny.

If you get blocked High when telekicking an Ermac, wait until Mileena is at her highest point after the block and Sai, this will go right over lift and you'll be safe