What's new

Can't stick to a main + alt. "Mike Ross" disease.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I’m sort of like this too, but I wouldn’t call it a problem if you can actually handle it.

I’m used to having main and then a bunch of sub mains that I juggle. Part of it is mixing things up for myself, part of it is getting my money’s worth.

I hope she comes out sooner rather than later.
I'm suspecting KP1 since she was story mode. If they do the silhouette thing they did with Inj2 she should be a dead give away right out of the gate seeing as she's head and shoulders taller than most of the cast and is a Shokan lmfao

It's normal, keep trying out characters, eventually you will notice that you are gonna enjoy playing certain characters more than others. I wanted to main Frost, but honestly she is pretty boring, and now Jacqui and Shao Khan are my mains, even though I never though I would enjoy them.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Theres nothing wrong with playing more characters, so long as it doesn't mentally confuse you. Naturally you'll learn more as time progresses, but you'll gravitate towards some more than others

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I actually have this issue in GGXrd and UNIST. Deciding on which char to main is a bit hard, because almost both of them have the same principles. In my case, it's a bit hard to decide, because I'm trying to find a main that fits me well, according to what I have seen at these games.

In my case, in GGXrd, I'm trying to find out which should be my main between Faust, Jack-O and Chipp. Used to play Jam and Kum. And in UNIST, I'm trying to decide between Akatsuki, Enkidu and Hyde.

Usually, this problem isn't happening in some games, because most of us have already played these games' old installments in the past. Another way to decide the main is to find a character that you have higher success rate of landing even the complex combos.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It's normal, keep trying out characters, eventually you will notice that you are gonna enjoy playing certain characters more than others. I wanted to main Frost, but honestly she is pretty boring, and now Jacqui and Shao Khan are my mains, even though I never though I would enjoy them.
exactly, it's a funny phenomena .... you create expectation before the game come out , regarding certain characters gameplay, and once the game is avaliable and you start labing stuff, you end discovering that some other character fits better you own personal fight style, and so, you see yourself playing characters you could not imagine using before ! that is a magic in the MK games that is such cool to find and figure out, hehe :p

Might be one or all of the following: (These are not meant as disrespect as I sometimes deal with some of these.)

1. Your main from previous games isn't in this one.
  2. You wanna win so you feel forced to play "OP" characters that don't necessarily appeal to you.
  3. Lack of mental discipline or just straight up ADD.

I'm a tad embarrassed to say that if either one of my favorites get added to the roster I immediately pick them. Smoke & Noob. I've been playing MK since it first went to arcades. In MK2 the mere appearance of Smoke in the Dead Forest had me hooked. I've seen the evolution from Scorpion rip off into fully storied characters. MKX had me in a state of limbo since I was forced away from them. I actually gve up til Jason came out.....(yea grade D tier main). That said I am having a hell of a time with alts here. Noob, Skarlet, Frost all play the spacing game which I'm clueless about. Zoning from my game upbringing seems like a ton of spam. I'm trying to re-evaluate my perception on playstyles. My biggest issue now is how often I play alts. Focus on main for mastery or diversify and train on alt. Decisions decisions.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I typically stuck with Ermac since UMK3, so not having my main char even available was a little intimidating. So i figured Id go with another umk3 era character, Noob. Great damage potential but people arent opening up as much anymore.
I feel I really need to invest time into a better tier of character because too often I go all in on a lower tier char, and then have to put in overtime for minimum wage.
On even ground, I do ok, but it seems everyone else is picking these top tier chars. I typically only see 3 KB's with Noob if im lucky. I press any button with geras and I get one.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I can't stick to a main. HOW do you not get bored playing just 1-2 characters? I've narrowed it down to Baraka, Geras, Sub, and Kitana. I wanna add that I don't have this problem in 3D fighters where characters have extensive movelists and deep tech to figure out. Tekken 7: Steve, SC6: Kilik. Barely feel the need to switch for variety's sake, but in 2D fighters like SF and MK it's a problem for me. Do you guys have this issue?
In SF? Nope. In MK? Hell yes. MK9 and 11 I played or want to play 90% of the cast. MKX was too much to learn and I only played 4 characters, but all their variations. Credit where it's due, I fucking LOVE MK characters, their stories, and their playstyles because I feel like NRS has done an amazing job making them unique.

Currently only playing Kotal and Baraka, but I can't wait to play Sub and Kano and Liu Kang and Cetrion and Geras and you get the idea, lol.

In SF? Nope. In MK? Hell yes. MK9 and 11 I played or want to play 90% of the cast. MKX was too much to learn and I only played 4 characters, but all their variations. Credit where it's due, I fucking LOVE MK characters, their stories, and their playstyles because I feel like NRS has done an amazing job making them unique.

Currently only playing Kotal and Baraka, but I can't wait to play Sub and Kano and Liu Kang and Cetrion and Geras and you get the idea, lol.
I feel the same way about NRS, i think that they did an amazing job on their game and making different characters