What's new

Cancelling Moves

txm

Noob
Hi, I'm curious about cancelling moves to do them quicker.

I know ded_ wrote that FAQ and I can do Kara Jabs just fine, but I read about Sonya's infinite - and not that I'm too interested in perfecting *it,* - I'm trying to understand the concept better because I've even watched the YouTube video of him doing it, and I still can't see what I'm doing wrong visibly... plus I think I read it can be applied to Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and I tend to enjoy playing with them even though they're awful, it makes it more fun when you win :D

Anyway, if anyone could please explain cancelling a little more clearly it would be very beneficial, thanks.

txm said:
Hi, I'm curious about cancelling moves to do them quicker.

I know ded_ wrote that FAQ and I can do Kara Jabs just fine, but I read about Sonya's infinite - and not that I'm too interested in perfecting *it,* - I'm trying to understand the concept better because I've even watched the YouTube video of him doing it, and I still can't see what I'm doing wrong visibly... plus I think I read it can be applied to Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and I tend to enjoy playing with them even though they're awful, it makes it more fun when you win :D

Anyway, if anyone could please explain cancelling a little more clearly it would be very beneficial, thanks.
i think sonya's infinite grab depends on the distance of the maded grab,it can be blocked by everyone(even raiden,but unfortunally for him sometimes his slow stand up recovery can be fatal,and he couldn't block it) also there is a dead spot where the infinite maybe unblockable but it's a rare situation,and btw the ninjas aren't that awful as you think :)

ded

Elder God
The Sonya infintie is completely unblockable if done right. Its just hard to get the specific distance and cancel the moving forward part into leg grab, and often because of that the opp can interrupt the inf with d+lk or uppercut.

Ninjas in mk1 are horrible characters unless Soultaker is playing with them

also the basic forward movement is weird imo,because when you tap forward once,the character is making two steps,and basically you must cancel,the second step,or the first to make a proper movement lool

yathva

Noob
when the cpu throws a krouching kick then if you do anything but hold back they throw you, are they cheating the raising time? you cant perform a throw till you are properly standing, right?

when the cpu throws a krouching kick then if you do anything but hold back they throw you, are they cheating the raising time? you cant perform a throw till you are properly standing, right?
the cpu has many advantages,so basically a human player can't do them.....which is really bad :/