What's new

Cancelling from dash into attack in IGUA

trufenix

bye felicia
Understood. There will no doubt be complex meta-game in IGUA; I'm not writing it off over this. Seems to me though that if IGUA plans to be the gold standard for 2d fighting games, users should be able to cancel dashes with attacks.

/two-cents
Just to play devils advocate, people thought marvel would never work without 6 buttons. Then people never thought it would work without dedicated assist buttons. Then nobody thought it could work without universal air dashing. Then nobody thought it could work without block cancellable dashes.

edit: oh and a bunch of characters in Darkstalkers don't have cancellable dashes either.

cyke_out

Warrior
This is the only thing about IGUA that I'm skeptical about. (Especially now that I know this same mechanic is in SF--IMO SF games are altogether not fun; the opposite of fun and entertaining.)

Dash~[attack] is so intuitive. Anything otherwise is not intuitive and is thus unfriendly to casual players.
Then those casual player should just get better. There is nothing wrong with how Sf handles it's footsies and whiff punishing game, just because you don't like that style doesn't mean it is worse.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From what I've seen, combo game is pretty limited in this game. You need to burn meter to do a wall bounce, or be lucky and have an interactable thing next to you.

Take a look at green lantern gameplay vs aquaman. His ermac life force move slams them to the ground. Which leaves us with: string-> life force

That's a terribly short combo. In order to make it longer you need to:
string->ex life force->string->wall bounce and so on.

Makes the game more meter intensive, so dashing isn't as necessary. Though I did notice that Green Arrow could dash and fire an arrow, provided he had charged it up beforehand.

I'm guessing its their overall strategy. Game seems to be very damage intesnive. It is a guaranteed 2 life bars, while MK9 could range from 2-3 and felt slower.
You don't need meter to do a wallbounce. And dashing is as necessary as ever; it just has to be timed and spaced correctly.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You don't need meter to do a wallbounce. And dashing is as necessary as ever; it just has to be timed and spaced correctly.
Really? Every wallbounce I've seen has had the 'meter' flash before it.

The opening attack here is a wallbounce and it seems to use meter.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yup, really :). Edit: there are no meters to watch in that video! Haha. You can enhance a wallbounce, but you don't need meter to do one.