What's new

Can you still get achievements on XBL?

I'm speaking specifically of UMK3, of course. For the past few days I've been trying to no avail to get the "perform a friendship online" achievement, but two things seem to be going on - 1. I can't pull off Smoke's friendship no matter where I stand, but that's arguably me just sucking and 2. The one time that I did manage to pull it off, it didn't count.

I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to get it. As strange as it sounds, since the game isn't available for purchase anymore, I'm starting to think that this might have something to do with why the achievement didn't unlock. Can anyone confirm?

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
TerryMasters said:
I'm speaking specifically of UMK3, of course. For the past few days I've been trying to no avail to get the "perform a friendship online" achievement, but two things seem to be going on - 1. I can't pull off Smoke's friendship no matter where I stand, but that's arguably me just sucking and 2. The one time that I did manage to pull it off, it didn't count.

I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to get it. As strange as it sounds, since the game isn't available for purchase anymore, I'm starting to think that this might have something to do with why the achievement didn't unlock. Can anyone confirm?
got to do it in a ranked match i think

Can't do it in the 4 player lobby mode (whatever it's called). Has to be in a VERSUS lobby (you know, where there is only 2 people in there).

Ok here's the thing. I was pretty sure I was ranked at the time but that's not my number one issue atm - my problem is Smoke's friendship. I cannot pull it off *at all* and it's getting on my last nerve. I'm seeing two different methods for it; either Run, Run, Run, HK or Run, Run, Run+HK but neither seem to work, near, sweep, outside sweep, far, doesn't matter. It never comes out. And I know other people can do it, so wtf am I doing wrong here?

Edit- So after playing for about an hour last night, and going through the entire character list I managed to pull off two friendships, Smoke's and Jade's, and only one time for each. Seriously, how hard is it to hit Run Run Run HK? Think you did it too slow, do it faster next time! Nope, that doesn't work... Did it too fast? Do it slower next time! Nope that doesn't work either... I'm seriously facepalming like a mother right now trying to figure out what on EARTH I'm doing wrong to not be able to get these friendships out. Hell I almost accidentally beat the game 3 times just trying to make them happen.

TerryMasters said:
Ok here's the thing. I was pretty sure I was ranked at the time but that's not my number one issue atm - my problem is Smoke's friendship. I cannot pull it off *at all* and it's getting on my last nerve. I'm seeing two different methods for it; either Run, Run, Run, HK or Run, Run, Run+HK but neither seem to work, near, sweep, outside sweep, far, doesn't matter. It never comes out. And I know other people can do it, so wtf am I doing wrong here?

Edit- So after playing for about an hour last night, and going through the entire character list I managed to pull off two friendships, Smoke's and Jade's, and only one time for each. Seriously, how hard is it to hit Run Run Run HK? Think you did it too slow, do it faster next time! Nope, that doesn't work... Did it too fast? Do it slower next time! Nope that doesn't work either... I'm seriously facepalming like a mother right now trying to figure out what on EARTH I'm doing wrong to not be able to get these friendships out. Hell I almost accidentally beat the game 3 times just trying to make them happen.
Well for starters your doing Smoke's fatality and for the fatality to work you must hold block now his friendship is Down, Back, Back, Forward, HP no need to hold block when doing friendship if IIRC

Edit:
You were doing it right I just think you need to hold block