What's new

Can You Guys Maybe Help?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
"Nature vs. nurture" is an old myth; every complex behavior is influenced by both biology and environment. Genes just setup our predilections, but of course our life experiences (both pre- and post-natal) determine how they are expressed. Epigenetic research shows that experiences can cause some genes to activate or deactivate, so it's a constant ongoing two-way interaction. So if you're somehow trying to argue that there's no genetic component to sexual orientation simply because there is an environment component, that's deeply flawed reasoning.

You should know, your argument sounds the same as an "intelligent design" believer or climate change denier--folks with such a strongly biased cultural and political worldview that they will fight against any piece of evidence in order to protect it. No matter the facts, they try to twist them, distort them, explain them away, and always conclude "Nobody really knows [so I can keep believing what I prefer to believe]."

Whatever beliefs you hold that help you personally, I respect them and have no problem with that. Just don't distort the facts for others, especially someone in distress who's trying to figure out the world for themselves.
Look, all I'm saying if you can't look at an issue from one side only, there are always two sides to a coin and it's not because you don't like side B method that I may not help someone, or that it's not something everyone should explore if they truly want to know who they are. I was there, I struggled with everything he listed and yes my experience isn't everyone's experience, but what helped me may also help him.

That's all, I don't think there's any need to clutter this thread more with personal opinions.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I understand, most of my threads have been wild but I assure you that this is important and support would be much appreciated.

So far my strong interests in life is Video Games, Meditating, Working out, eating nutrient dense whole foods, woman, being out in nature, and nutrition. here's the thing, I am very weak when it comes to math and most of my interests lead in to that required category. I am lost in life and 18 years old. For example if I wanted to be a nutritionist I would need to take some pretty difficult classes. I never really stepped outside of my box with people and even when I do...it makes me look bad and hard to speak up.

Me as a person and coming from experience, pretty unique from other people. Over most I have met, they are completely different than myself. For example their beliefs, what video games they like, what they eat, music tastes etc. Let's be real here, most people go with the most popular game called fortnite, call of duty, rap music,fast food, you name it. So that really made me lonely as a person, being very different and basically I hate to say it but... don't really wanna be here anymore. Life is very tough and finding purpose is probably never going to happen for me. I have a bad feeling that i'll end up with a job I dislike, make good money, and have so many issues going on internally. Like what? depression, Intrusive thoughts, Negative thoughts, homosexual OCD, and the list goes on. That's a lot to type but yeah I would really love it if you people can help me out, i'm hoping there's people who are like minded and went through the same or similar things and perhaps share what the resolution came out to be.

Kindest regards
Thank you.
I'd strongly recommend "The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT" by Russ Harris. It might not work for everyone, but it helped me.