What's new

Can we talk about interactables?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I'm a huge fan of interactables I know there is some people that aren't too fond of them but I was really excited to see how they would evolve and new interactables we would see but for the most case all the interactables to me in MKX seem really Bland and Meh.

Seems like instead they took the safe approach and went a step back instead of forward with interactables.

At first I believed everyone would use interactables differently because in the first trailer Sub-Zero froze the branch.

I was dissapointed this was not the case I would have liked to see Quan kick the old lady into a portal then her flying out and hitting you or Kano grabbing her and using her as a shield, Quan jumping off the interactables into a portal etc..

I would like to hear your opinions on their approach and overall ideas on how each character could have interacted differently ..

Will we see diff interactables or the same Jump off , throw random object stuff?

tbh I didn't like interactables being "unblockable" because they led to inescapable setups that changed some matchups way too much compared to if thye were blockable. I honestly would like just straight kombat tbh, but the leveraging and stuff does add a new aspect ot the gameplay so I can respect that for sure.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Yeah I could see where balancing 3 variations for each character plus interactables would b difficult. I don't mind the blocking aspect the interactables just need more flavor how do you go from machine guns and throwing cars to tree branches lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll admit I'm not a fan of interactables, so being able to block them in MKX is fantastic. However, I seem to recall some of the NRS staff saying interactables would be used more so for escaping and such in MKX, but lately I'm seeing more and more shit being thrown. Not a fan lol. I simply prefer the classic aspect of fighting games...1 on 1 with no distractions.

You may get your wish with the next installment of IGAU, since NRS have stated they try to make it "over the top."

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The only thing better than interactables being scaled back on like in MKX, is if they were completely gone altogether.

Leave the Pig, dumpster, Ferris Stage army of crap, and respawning drones for Injustice 2.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I guess we can...but if they show up pretend you are busy...otherwise things could get awkward...kinda like having to many interactables...

There have been I few stages that I have now seen any on though yet...maybe I missed some stuff...but I do believe if even one stage has non or at least no offensive ones it will be used as the standard tournament stage... by almost unanimous vote...

I like the for the fun and casual side but also understand why they are not liked for high level play...

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I can definitely see where I got salty coming from injustice but can see the where it doesn't fit the same in MK now I am even more excited about MK leave them for injustice 2