What's new

Tech "Can we order Chinese?" a Nightwing frame trap compendium

Saitsu

Noob
So a cancel into just the staff stance is unsafe but you can cancel into a special and be at the negative frames of the special?

So for instance 112 stance is unsafe but 112 stance ex staff spin is +adv on block?
Yes...but that's also because EX Staff Spin is + on block regardless (unless you're one of the 4 characters that can duck the last hit).

Someone explain me his Frame Traps and how they work.

D1, D1 2? So it's +1, +1, -3? Explain!

GuamoKun I got Dick'd last night by Jer ;_;
these frame traps are all on block, so lets sat the opponent blocks d1, you are +4 , then you do d1,2 . the d1 comes out at 9 frames 9-4 =5 frames . unless they do something 5 frames or faster, if they push a button , they get hit .

these frame traps are all on block, so lets sat the opponent blocks d1, you are +4 , then you do d1,2 . the d1 comes out at 9 frames 9-4 =5 frames . unless they do something 5 frames or faster, if they push a button , they get hit .
Why does the Frame Data in the Sticky say +1 for D1?

I had no clue what to do, you couldn't even armor B/F 3 or Pushblock when in the massive advantage. I just got pushed to the corner and took that Dick.

Why does the Frame Data in the Sticky say +1 for D1?

I had no clue what to do, you couldn't even armor B/F 3 or Pushblock when in the massive advantage. I just got pushed to the corner and took that Dick.
are you refering d1 in staff? if so then yea that is +1 on block, the only thing you can do to make sure they dont press a button is another d1

are you refering d1 in staff? if so then yea that is +1 on block, the only thing you can do to make sure they dont press a button is another d1
Well, yeah, he was in Staff Stance when I was stuck in the corner, I couldn't do shit.

But I'd like to know all the options.

Also, kind of a stupid questions, but on Block after a D1 you're a +4, shouldn't his recovery frames negate that advantage?

Well, yeah, he was in Staff Stance when I was stuck in the corner, I couldn't do shit.

But I'd like to know all the options.
to be honest pushblock is your only option. his corner game is disgustingly good.

Also, kind of a stupid questions, but on Block after a D1 you're a +4, shouldn't his recovery frames negate that advantage?
....... you dont understand how frame data works do you?

alright when i say +4 it means that i have recovered 4 frames faster than my opponent. ill play this out for you. when the move connects and the opponent blocks , it creates block stun. this is the animation with which you see the opponent block whatever move. each move creates block stun and the amount of time the opponent is in a block animation depends on this. so lets say a move has 10 frames of block stun , and 5 frames of recovery. if the opponent blocks this move, i have recovered completely from my move 5 frames before the opponent has recovered from blocking , so if my opponent and i press a button. his move has to wait for those extra 5 frames of blockstun before his move can start, effectively making his move slower and more likely for whatever move i use next to beat that out.

to be honest pushblock is your only option. his corner game is disgustingly good.

....... you dont understand how frame data works do you?

alright when i say +4 it means that i have recovered 4 frames faster than my opponent. ill play this out for you. when the move connects and the opponent blocks , it creates block stun. this is the animation with which you see the opponent block whatever move. each move creates block stun and the amount of time the opponent is in a block animation depends on this. so lets say a move has 10 frames of block stun , and 5 frames of recovery. if the opponent blocks this move, i have recovered completely from my move 5 frames before the opponent has recovered from blocking , so if my opponent and i press a button. his move has to wait for those extra 5 frames of blockstun before his move can start, effectively making his move slower and more likely for whatever move i use next to beat that out.
Not fully no, I understand it, but the super in-depth data I get confused on because I try to think it logically. Never really took an interest in learning it until IGAU for MK9 I just learned the basic on Normals.

I know Raven's only "Frame Traps" are off of her F1, B2 and F13 which are all +3 and 223 which is plus 6, so she gets a Free D1 (6f) and opponent has 3f to mash a button but sometimes, I trade D1s or they poke before me, so I wonder why it isn't working, probably online?

So I doubt myself.

Btw correction for the frame data.
In Escrima his D1 is around +1 on block, his D12 is +4 on block.
In Stance his D1 is a whopping +3 on block.
You should label each section a different color, that Frame Data is hard to distinguish everything seems jumbled. Or at least color the important ones.

7r17r1

Noob
On a blocked u3 in the corner, you can land a forceblock 112, which is +20 on block aswell so you can frame trap again with whatever (with u3 again, or f3 even if there is a hole there)

So, on hit you have an amazing frame advantage on d12 (+29)
you can jump in
dash in forceblock 112
dash in frame trap f2~ / d1~
b2 / d3
f3
whatever, rape them

AssassiN

Noob
On a blocked u3 in the corner, you can land a forceblock 112, which is +20 on block aswell so you can frame trap again with whatever (with u3 again, or f3 even if there is a hole there)

So, on hit you have an amazing frame advantage on d12 (+29)
you can jump in
dash in forceblock 112
dash in frame trap f2~ / d1~
b2 / d3
f3
whatever, rape them
Already posted.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
F213db2 ends in ground spark which says its 17 frames on hit.

B2 has 15 frames start up, why won't it combo?

Also, pseudo reset? If they get hit with f213db2 they're at disadvantage enough to cover the b2. Also, the last thing they were hit with was a low, if they get caught blocking low again, or if they're not blocking mid combo - or if they press buttons, they're getting hit again.

AssassiN

Noob

Injustice does not work like that, it's very similar to MK where you pretty much have to juggle for a combo.
A lot of stuff in Injustice allow you to block even though you are in hitstun, there are only a very few things that allow you to combo if it hits.
For example Harley's Pop Gun MB can combo into more damage if it hits.

A lot of stuff in Injustice allow you to block even though you are in hitstun, there are only a very few things that allow you to combo if it hits.
yea this is known in tekken as False frame advantage, they cant push a button, but they can still block if they want. alot more moves like that in injustice though

7r17r1

Noob

I explained what I understood of the combo system in this post... note that someone corrected me afterward, but I still don't know what is actually wrong in what I said

But all example I used are tested over and over again in training, so I think I'm not very far from the truth, maybe you'll find something interesting :)

(shout out AssassiN for the "linking a post's number" technology :D)

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
F2134xxGroundblast leaves you at +9 if they block and if you confirm the groundblast you can MB it for a bnb. If they block the blast you get a free staff spin and you can meterburn to keep up the pressure.(Or st. 1 if you think the opponent will stop crouching) I do some nutty block strings like:

F2134xxGroundblast (+9) ~ (i12) Staff spin MB(+18) 1f1 etc.. (I believe they can back dash but the people i play dont backdash that much when im in staff because they respect flying grayson)

F2134xxGroundblast MB (+18) 2 (The MB version pushes the opponent back so they cant really punish the st. 2)

Also have in mind that F2134xxGB CAN be interrupted but you can also do F2134xx Staff spin so people can respect your F213 Follow-up.