What's new

Question - Thunder God Can we get a lil love?

Fuck raiden. He's fine where he is... out of our way.

We will give a little love once he no longer has a low. Or an overhead. No 50/50's for raiden.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I know when people think of Raiden having F1 as a mid, they think of the whole "block infinite" debacle from May 2015, but honestly guys, much has changed since then, there are other ways to regulate that from happening again, and if any variation would benefit from the reversion, it would be MOS, not Thunder God.

And I'm not a Raiden player, for the record.

does he have safe 50/50s?
like is the run cancel after a 50/50 safe?
never looked into him cus i felt he was a worse jax. especially since 21122 got nerfed
when?

Yeah Marksman has safe 50/50's lol, both are safe with stamina. Most run cancels don't really seem significant unless they are plus though, way easier and consistent to just SOS 3 and deal with the potential armor.
I could be wrong but I don't think any run cancel variation that has both overhead/low mixups are plus on both options....

whats up ron. we used to chill back in the day. we both worked at wendys on jog road/meleleuca way back in 2002. Pretty crazy to see you here all these years later. i sent you a PM. hit me up sometime.
I heard you were super rich why you working wendys?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I know when people think of Raiden having F1 as a mid, they think of the whole "block infinite" debacle from May 2015, but honestly guys, much has changed since then, there are other ways to regulate that from happening again, and if any variation would benefit from the reversion, it would be MOS, not Thunder God.

And I'm not a Raiden player, for the record.

when?

I could be wrong but I don't think any run cancel variation that has both overhead/low mixups are plus on both options....
Not plus, safe.It's still negative but its safe against a lot of the cast :D.

N00B

Noob
My buff wishlist for Thunder God Raiden (i dont know nothing about displacer and mos)
Necessary buffs :
After this buffs i think Thunder God variation would be equal to Jax but withouth fast safe armor launcher, worse deffense e.t.c.

10 frames F2
Fixes whiff problems in F2 and B11
DF2 -5
F1 -3
9 frames D4 -6
10 frames B2
B22 -15

:rolleyes:

Unecessary buffs:
Including this buffs Thunder God variation would have the best up close offense in the game, best punish in the game, only Sub can stop Raiden.

More damage and chip damage on electric strings.
5 frames F1, he would be only one character having 5 fr jab, why not its high and he is God. :cool:
d1 -6.
More range on b1 and b11. :joker:
More plus on cancels , +5 or +10.:joker:

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I miss fighting against Raiden, so I would love to see him buffed back into the fray, but never mained him - so I don't have a clue how to go about it fairly.

I would love to see what @Nivek has to say. He was so great to watch and he would clearly know. Plus, he seems genuine. I don't think he would try to mislead us. Whatever he would propose, I have no doubt it would not only be insightful - but also fair.

Infinite

Noob
I'm not really talking about being plus on 50/50's although that is certainly a benefit. He doesn't have the block pressure that Scorpion, Liu Kang and Cage had or have, which seems to be the bar for useful cancels. Marksman and Heavy Weapon cancels are mostly for confirms and safety which just haven't been good enough to make them tournament standards, not that I'm really that trolling for buffs or anything.

I don't know much about D'vorah if anyone would care to state if she does or doesn't have the same.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm not actually sure what Raiden even gains with a F1 mid besides becoming a pain in the ass. B1 and its follow-ups would become pointless, even though an 8-frame mid is still great.

I agree with Foxy, increasing the startup on F2 and D4 would help out a ton already. It gives Raiden something to harass with and get a neutral going more reliably. Besides that, Raiden really does not need much.