What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Can we get a better breakdown for Shinnok?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yeah but the original group of reveals didn't get that great a showing either nobody knew enough to do jack with them and he'll the models were still changing... A lot of what was shown won't be the same in the final game anyway... They never show much more then what you can learn yourself in 5 minutes...
I think the only character that was shown off remotely good enough for anyone to really see what they can do is Kitana with 16bit...maybe Mileena somewhat... But thats it... Yeah they obviously don't know how to do much with Shinnok... So why would you care about people with little knowledge of him trying to use him...
It was OK for a quick overview... Thats all...
With 2 weeks 5 characters to shown and a mobile game to show I would not expect anything further...

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I wanted more from Erron and Liu also, but they just kinda went over things quickly to cover it all. Not really an issue to me though, the game is so close.

Last edited:
On the next stream, I think it would be totally fair to get a full breakdown of Shinnok. He's one of the more recognizably different looking characters aesthetic wise and ability wise and I honestly don't think he got the proper treatment that he deserved.

First he was shown off on a day with 2 full on character reveals, one of which was probably the most hyped reveal so far (Erron Black); and then one of the poster-boys for the franchise (Liu Kang). Secondly; you didn't even properly show him off, you used him to show off the brand new training mode. While that is a totally cool new feature, he should get his own time in the spotlight.

I just think that is is fair that ole' Shinny gets a good showcase of his abilities with maybe a combo or two and not totally glossing over his special moves. Also we didn't even get intro dialogue, which I'm sure most of us would love to hear.

Thoughts?
Dude, there are so many characters and so many people like different ones. Can you imagine how pissed off people would be if they spent more time on another stream showing a character they've already shown? Lots of people are waiting on any information regarding the characters they are interested in. He got basically the same treatment as the other characters shown on stream at this point, and like was already stated...it's only 2 weeks away anyway.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
i would rather they just stopped with the metered releases, its 2 weeks out and i still don't know the whole roster? It makes me quite a bit less interested when its slow-mo troll fest from the dev. Most games I look forward too the devs are considerably more forthcoming about things like a roster to a fighting game.

Maybe its just me, but I find the whole process from nrs to be hella annoying.

RexxyC

what's done is done
For all of you complaining that they didn't show more than one combo:

They're all combos, no matter what length. Sorry they're not tournament players, but they did actually try and show off some combos. They just happened to drop them because landing combos isn't the point of the Kasts.
lmao? the only one that could marginally be considered a combo is the last one. If you take the other two out of context it looks like they are trying, but factually they are just showing off their special moves and EX variations.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Tyler answered yesterday. I think, it meant "spoilers". So, we wont see him again until 04/14/2015.
You see, this is all I needed. None of this white knight brigade actually not answering any questions at all; but instead telling me "lmao the game comes out in two weeks :DOGE" I don't feel that i'm entitled at all, I just wanted to see the characters full list along with at least 2-3 actual combos; I think that's fair.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
On the next stream, I think it would be totally fair to get a full breakdown of Shinnok. He's one of the more recognizably different looking characters aesthetic wise and ability wise and I honestly don't think he got the proper treatment that he deserved.

First he was shown off on a day with 2 full on character reveals, one of which was probably the most hyped reveal so far (Erron Black); and then one of the poster-boys for the franchise (Liu Kang). Secondly; you didn't even properly show him off, you used him to show off the brand new training mode. While that is a totally cool new feature, he should get his own time in the spotlight.

I just think that is is fair that ole' Shinny gets a good showcase of his abilities with maybe a combo or two and not totally glossing over his special moves. Also we didn't even get intro dialogue, which I'm sure most of us would love to hear.

Thoughts?
talk to Goro fans lol

I actually thought it was definitley pretty thorough....

my only gripe for all the breakdowns in the kombatkast's is they never really showed everyone's standing 1, d1, d2, d3, d4 etc etc... Like a little more time on normals... but definitley not thread complaining worthy

They showed enough of Shinnok as it is and it's likely his intros contain story spoilers, some things should remain a surprise.

There are five characters we haven't seen gameplay for, it would be unfair to do a repeat of Shinnok.

Beside, what we saw of look cool as it is.

Last edited:

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Look at Kung Lao. The dude's been revealed for like seventeen years in internet time and he still has no breakdown.

Shinnok was rushed no doubt but two weeks from release it doesn't really matter. It was funny at a certain point, once they got past actually demoing the stuff Impostor could do, they were just like "uh... so bone weapons and you can use them and then this one does skeleton hands and has unblockable but it's slow (my tone implies even I think it sucks) bye" with the last two.

I think they gave a fine showing of him, and for everyone saying the string the pulled the enemy closer did not seem to have any advantage... It looked at least neutral to me and remember they didn't show his "tricky portal" move that could possibly be a plus teleport mid or mixup that can be canceled from that string.. Anyway I'm hyped for him, reminds me a bit of injustice sinestro.

Thoughts?
I 100% agree and thought the exact same thing... However there may be a reason they did that as his intros may reveal some MAJOR spoilers during his quotes... But even then they should have properly done a breakdown of each variation... They missed out stuff and his fatality. In other word bring 16bit in to do breakdowns next time

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
i would rather they just stopped with the metered releases, its 2 weeks out and i still don't know the whole roster? It makes me quite a bit less interested when its slow-mo troll fest from the dev. Most games I look forward too the devs are considerably more forthcoming about things like a roster to a fighting game.

Maybe its just me, but I find the whole process from nrs to be hella annoying.
You do know the whole roster. The only ones left are Jax, Jacqui, Kenshi, and Sonya

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Or you can wait 2 weeks to get your hands on the game and use him yourself.
I know, right? Does anyone actually want to discover shit on their own for this game? Fuck.

Shinnok looks fucking amazing. His character model is about the most impressive in the entire game, in my opinion. If you're a fan of his, just enjoy sitting down and spending hours discovering stuff on your own. You saw his variations, that's enough.

LET THE FUCKING GAME JUST BE RELEASED, PEOPLE. IT'S NOT MUCH LONGER.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I agree with the OP, I wish they would have showed a little bit more of Shinnok. But Im totally okay, the games is Only two weeks away! Fcuk yeah!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord

Thoughts?
No l0l
I rather see other characters
you can make your own break down in 2 week

someone just showed shinnoks air teleport on stream. pretty much like ravens, reappears in front or behind the opponent, can do an air attck from it or teleport again while he is dropping.