What's new

Can we become Mortal Kombat our Career?

MKR

Noob
Hello TYM Team,

As you all knows that i am from Pakistan and mk isn't popular in pakistan but now I have 24 best mk players we do some causal matches every week and TYM is only website where mk players game play prompt and nowdays TYM is best platform for all mk gamers specially and today i want to ask some question with TYM team and others members as well who wants to become good mk players

Can Mortal Kombat / any game become as career for living life? or we are playing Mk/any game time pass or wasting our life? Please explain me maybe someone answer helps me.

Few months I did MK Armageddon tournament and Pakistani Media Cover my tournament see below video

http://www.youtube.com/user/MKNexusonline?blend=4&ob=5#p/u/0/BdhpHFiH4Cs

I don't know in your country Television media and public is support but in pakistan not happen like this I did myself that you see in above video Link my Real name is Tariq Rathore that you can hear in above footage my purpose for making this Topic is If TYM and MKNexusonline or TYM and My Pakistani players team if play mk9 matches between us but the problem is how we can play cause Online has many lags one thing is possible if you people come pakistan then it could be happened and Pakistan is also very cheap country for you.

If someone have better suggestion then share here.

Go to school for Game Testing like i have been for the past 3 years.

"There's no Golden Tickets into the Gaming Industry" - Hector Sanchez on one of the first MKasts for MKvsDC. Go to school, get your degree. Playing games will get you a weeks worth of testing, but a degree in Game Testing will give you a lifetime.

Go to school.

Dark_Rob

Noob
If your asking whether you can make a living playing fighting games professionally then Id generally have to say no. Aside from a handful of people the vast majority of people that play in tournaments are not making the kind of money you need to make to live on.

MKR

Noob
I am not saying gaming developers i said best gamers and if you mean that if someone have degree then he/she can play high level gameplay then i want to that they re some big sports are not good qualified but they have skilled and today worlds knows them

Nobody in the U.S is making a decent living off being a "professional" gamer. Justin Wong has a real job (that most people don't even know) to support his living.

I would go on to say the only people that can make a living off gaming is really successful SC2 players and casters. Look up Tasteless and Artosis, both of them are Americans living in korea, paid by GSL to live and commentate on starcraft

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Defeat Daigo Umehara and "Maybe" Capcom will support you i think, but still, Check's answer is the best bet you can get.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
The short answer is no. You can get sponsored which would help you make it out to tournaments, but you can't live a good lifestyle just from playing video games. Check has the best answer. If you are that passionate about video games then getting a degree in that field is your best option.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Post some more of your recent MK9 matches and or could you possibly interview those players that you mentioned?

Dunno about the language though, lol

The big thing is just continuing to grow your Pakistan community

Yes and No.

Yes being if you are absolutely the best, amazing at it, you might be able to make some cash. A caree doubtful unless you play starcraft and win everything.

It's just like boxing, sure the Big name draws 50 million in a fight, but how bout the thousands of others who are fighting for 200 bucks. Same thing, if you aren't the best you aren't going anywhere with money in it.

redeyes

Button Masher
like whooflung said yes and no

look at halo top MLG halo teams take home 50,000 for a tournament so if MK ever gets big like Halo sure.

but with MK the way it is its only a dream to make money playing mortal kombat )':

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Better become a pro at an FPS or an RTS if you want the big bucks, money's not really there for FGs at the moment. There's a little, but hardly.

MKR

Noob
well that's Urdu Language and read your comments it seems video game is not enough for living life it's only timepass