What's new

Can Unmasked Sub Zero win a tournament by himself?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
U sub can't win tournaments in that game. And not he does not beat Kabal.
I never said he beats Kabal, and again, yes he can. Just saying he can't over and over isn't going to make it true.

uSub vs Kabal is at least 5-5. And considering how most of Kabal's MU's are, that's a good MU for uSub and a bad MU for Kabal, relatively at least. uSub can take away the spin option on many occasions, even aa spins can be rendered ineffective with the use of his clone. His clone is very good in the MU for many different reasons.

I've played some of the best Kabal's with uSub, and it's never a one sided fight, it always goes back and forth. This is because uSub has the tools to kombat Kabal. In the end, 90% of the characters in UMK3 can compete and ultimately "win tournaments". But since there's so few people that play, and even fewer who play at a high level, you will really only see top tiers winning tournaments.

If I ever go to another UMK3 tournament, I will make it my mission to win with uSub just cause. Or Sheeva, either one.

If I ever go to another UMK3 tournament, I will make it my mission to win with uSub just cause. Or Sheeva, either one.
It's not feasible for me to to to tournaments because they're usually on or close to the coasts, but I think I'm going to learn U-Sub. I've always been OK with him, but I want to turn him into a main. My issue is I'm not good at being really aggressive with him. I turtle like a champ