What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Can there please be more attention to hat trick

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
So I'm loving all the attention Lao is getting and I love how strong of a character he is. But 60% of the comments are for buzz saw, and I feel like no one is trying to play set up Lao.

In tempest, Lao has the OP 4 frame EX spin, and a hat shield, and I've been able to play pretty defensively and offensively with tempest too.
But in Hat trick he has hat placement. My general strategy is similar in this: apply mixups and mindgames and use combo opener into spin into ender. But the best part about hat trick is ending the combo with a hat placement.

After a b2,2 or a b321 you can throw a forward hat and as they wakeup, immediately call it back to be + on block and then use whatever opener you need. Or you can throw it back and do a tele to either go for a tele grab or tele 3 into a 40% meterless.

The b321 into forward hat puts the hat exactly where they fall, but b22 puts the hat slightly in front of them.
If they do a wakeup slide, dash kick or some forward moving wakeup, you can call the hat back and punish it.

After calling the hat and connecting it, a spin is easy to land, but you can land a f21xxspin in almost any situation too.

I'm on 4 hours of sleep and have midterms next week so I'm not at the full potential to analyze Lao's hat trick but I just want more of you guys to see his set up potential. With more analysis I imagine we can find a batman rush down style mixed with a Luthor map control.

skater11

The saltiest
Well all it takes is posts like these for people to look into it more. I will have to try it out soon.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
I will get into this as soon as I get Buzz Saw down. It's almost like learning 3 characters... haha it takes time.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Here is my big issue with hat setups. On call back, even if it's +frames, why does that matter? Lao loses his best overhead (B2,2), and his others are telegraphed and punishable. If you know his strings, it's unlikely he'll land a low into combo, so what does that leave? Pressure and throws?

I'm no Lao expert or anything, but the traps seem very useless right now.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Patch him in a low hat 3.00 dmg MB version would be his old mk9 MB ground hat that sits on the ground and pops upwards.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I want to use hat trick so bad. i really do, i sense a presence in the force for some broken shit in hat trick. I myself am just too lazy to figure it all out:/ so I've been waiting... lmao . but i might actually look into it this week.