What's new

Can the Joker work in-lore with MK?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think he can.

With a little push.

Havik summoning the Joker to help send the realms into chaos sounds awesomesauce!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm just wondering what Joker we will be getting. My guess is that it will just be a more realistic looking version of Injustice Joker.

I guess WB/DC has changed their tune on the whole "our DC characters can't be involved in gory murders in-game" thought process.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm just wondering what Joker we will be getting. My guess is that it will just be a more realistic looking version of Injustice Joker.

I guess WB/DC has changed their tune on the whole "our DC characters can't be involved in gory murders in-game" thought process.
Well, the Joker is a psychotic mass murderer, so I guess he fits the mold. I get what you're saying though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

I think they've loosened up over the years, judging by the look of this new standalone Joker movie.

Not sure about the canon, he could randomly have wandered through Gotham and found a portal to Outworld I guess? Lol

As a character, anyone that's actually read the comics knows how sick the Joker actually is... some disturbing stuff he's done in his lifetime.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Lore? That doesn't matter, he's just DLC. Alien, Predator, Jason, Leatherface and Freddy aren't canon either. No need to worry about it.
Oh, no arguments there - I just think it would be bonus points to have some kind of plausible explanation for his appearance in the game.
Terminator will definitely have time travel, Spawn will come from the Netherealm, Ash will probably teleport via a portal open by the demonic book … Joker being summoned by Havik makes some narrative sense. Havik could see in the Joker the champion of chaos that Hanzo never was.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Could be a Havik summoning, or some other plot device like the dreamrealm again. I bet there will be some allusion to it thru dialogue between Joker vs Scorp, Sub and Raiden.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Personally, I'd like the New 52 Joker that cut his own face off and wore it as a mask. That shit was so metal.

Here's a list of some of the most fucked up shit Joker has done in the comics. Interesting read:

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75761/messed-up-joker-comics
Yeah, that Joker was rad, especially at the hands of a particular penciller - don't know his name … I think he's the same penciller who is drawing the upcoming story of Bruce Wayne waking up in Arkham Asylum and was told he killed his parents, with Joker being his doctor.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Uhhhh guys? did you see that Ash Williams is confirmed NOT to be in Mk11 as DLC? so safe to assume the leak is not real. I personally can't see any DC character making it into mortal kombat 11.

John Grizzly

Uhhhh guys? did you see that Ash Williams is confirmed NOT to be in Mk11 as DLC? so safe to assume the leak is not real. I personally can't see any DC character making it into mortal kombat 11.
That wasn't confirmation, it was someone claiming the leak isn't real, which it is.

If people have the Switch version, they can see for themselves.

The DLC leak is 100% true and the fact that ANYONE is doubting it at this point is really beyond me. Come on now. Even the intro dialogue was leaked. Bruce Campbell was told to "debunk" the rumor just so it's still a surprise to the 7 people still in denial for some ridiculous reason.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
That wasn't confirmation, it was someone claiming the leak isn't real, which it is.

If people have the Switch version, they can see for themselves.

The DLC leak is 100% true and the fact that ANYONE is doubting it at this point is really beyond me. Come on now. Even the intro dialogue was leaked. Bruce Campbell was told to "debunk" the rumor just so it's still a surprise to the 7 people still in denial for some ridiculous reason.
There is a scenario that works in Ash not making it into the game. I remember reading that Ed Boon said that one deal for a guest character fell apart at the last minute. It could be Campbell. They started working on the DLC, but at some point the deal went south and had to abort. So they left the lines in the text file, but Ash won't be in.

I'm not saying that the above is what happened, I'm saying that it COULD have happened. Bruce's denial of the Ash DLC gives some credence to the above rumor.

portent

Noob
With regards to Ash:

Ash from EVIL DEAD has no chainsaw.

Ash from EVIL DEAD 2 and Army of Darkness has the chainsaw arm. So, it's possibly VERY TRUE that Ash from EVIL DEAD is NOT in the game, while Ash from another movie is. Just another NRS troll that we see through.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
lol idk why people dislike him so much

They could even promote him with that song, since this is MK

John Grizzly

lol idk why people dislike him so much

They could even promote him with that song, since this is MK
I have nothing against Leto. The movie was GARBAGE and the way they wrote the Joker character in that movie was just awful. Everything about it sucked. I think his look would have been cool without the absolutely asinine tattoos and grill, though.

The best Joker to me would be Mark Hammil, though he obviously only did the voice in multiple media.

I saw it posted once:

• Cesar Romero is the clown.
  • Jack Nicholson is the mobster.
  • Heath Ledger is the anarchist.
  • Jared Leto is the psychopath.
  • Mark Hamil is the Joker.
I agree with this.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Nicholson had the best laugh.

"You are a vicious bastard, Rotelli … and … I'm glad you're dead - BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!"

No one will top that laugh. No one.