What's new

Tech Can someone try this out?

NKZero

Noob
Hey guys. Unfortunately my console is not with me for just under a month but I was wondering if anyone could test this in the lab with Sektor.

I want you guys to do a combo that involves EX teleport then follow up with a NJP so he splats but also link TU after NJP. I want to know if Sektor teleports immediately afterwards next to his opponent and how wake-ups affect the situation. If he is still at advantage perhaps it could encourage future set-ups or something.

Just a little idea lingering in my head.

Here's an example of the combo I want:

12B1-F44-TU-B34-EX TU-NJP-(TU)

I would appreciate this greatly.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Just tested it now.

i don't think the combo you listed works, you need to end them higher up to do a NJP.

I did:

12B1 > JK xx Tele > JK xx EN Tele > NJP xx Tele

and it ended you with advantage next to them.

So technically yeah it works I think.

NKZero

Noob
Just tested it now.

i don't think the combo you listed works, you need to end them higher up to do a NJP.

I did:

12B1 > JK xx Tele > JK xx EN Tele > NJP xx Tele

and it ended you with advantage next to them.

So technically yeah it works I think.
Cool man what's the damage on that and can you test stuff versus wake-ups?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Cool man what's the damage on that and can you test stuff versus wake-ups?
well you are advantageous enough that they are still knocked down for a bit once you recover, so wakeups are pretty much normal against it. The good part is that it's hard to tell which side of you they are on, so they may do their inputs backwards.

Damage is 37% without a jump in.

NKZero

Noob
well you are advantageous enough that they are still knocked down for a bit once you recover, so wakeups are pretty much normal against it. The good part is that it's hard to tell which side of you they are on, so they may do their inputs backwards.

Damage is 37% without a jump in.
Great to know man :). One more thing could you try the following combos? I'm guessing ending with JK-EX TU leaves you high enough for NJP splat.

1) 12B1-F4-JK-TU-JK-EX TU-NJP-(TU)
2) 12B1-F44-TU-JK-EX TU-NJP-(TU)
3) B34-TU-F4-JK-EX TU-NJP-(TU)

I don't even know if combo 3 exists but w/e lol. Thanks man I appreciate this.

NKZero

Noob
none of those keep the opponent high enough =/

also 3 isn't possible lol
I'm just worried about the predictability of a two JK combo because if people fight Sektor enough they'll see what kind of set-up we're going for. Then again it doesn't limit too many options post wake-up...

Thank you in any case.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Setups? Zero pls. you gotta get dat toasty boost BNB down son!

12B1,F44,EX TU, JK TU, D2, same damage as the current one bar BNB.

Say, do we even know Sektor's toasty boost input yet? I actually came up with that one randomly trying to avoid negative edge a few months back lol

NKZero

Noob
Setups? Zero pls. you gotta get dat toasty boost BNB down son!

12B1,F44,EX TU, JK TU, D2, same damage as the current one bar BNB.

Say, do we even know Sektor's toasty boost input yet? I actually came up with that one randomly trying to avoid negative edge a few months back lol
I'll let you guys figure out the toasty lol. I don't know the input tbh.

Sektor loves set-ups, the more the merrier.

NKZero

Noob
You guys kould just check the Thread kalled "Sektor's Toasty Boost"

It's there in all it's glory!
How d'you always remember to spell words with the letter 'k'. I hope you don't do this elsewhere since it's so ingrained in your mind haha. Anyways it's nice we have a toasty boost but I wouldn't bother trying to fish for it in a match. If I see Forden I'll just input the boost 'code' and get 3 more bars :).

EGP Wonder_Chef

How d'you always remember to spell words with the letter 'k'. I hope you don't do this elsewhere since it's so ingrained in your mind haha. Anyways it's nice we have a toasty boost but I wouldn't bother trying to fish for it in a match. If I see Forden I'll just input the boost 'code' and get 3 more bars :).
He does it EVERYWHERE.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah. I'm not going to change my game up. I'm still rarely going to do uppercuts (unless it's in a kombo that's actually worth it). I mostly wanted to know the Toasty Boost so I kould take it before my opponent kould do his.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hey guys i was messin about wit dis last nite and found somethin , i havent tested against humans yet but bare with me
say u do a 21 tele into b2 up missile it never comes out unless u do b2 df3 after this u can crossover punch to pressure , im just curious as to whether it fucks wit peoples wake ups cause he changes sides twice by lookin at it durin dis little combo

NKZero

Noob
hey guys i was messin about wit dis last nite and found somethin , i havent tested against humans yet but bare with me
say u do a 21 tele into b2 up missile it never comes out unless u do b2 df3 after this u can crossover punch to pressure , im just curious as to whether it fucks wit peoples wake ups cause he changes sides twice by lookin at it durin dis little combo
could you explain this further? don't quite understand what you mean. Besides it looks like you are sacrificing far too much damage for this set-up anyways so is it worth it?

But please do elaborate so I can understand.

fr stack

could you explain this further? don't quite understand what you mean. Besides it looks like you are sacrificing far too much damage for this set-up anyways so is it worth it?

say i do b2 tele usually people do a b21 b34 tele , this is just a little set up for say if they have a breaker ready the aim is to fuck up their inputs ive been doin similar stuff wit cyrax and scorpion so .. b2 tele b2 up rocket (normal input wont work for this u have to reverse the up rocket so it looks like) b2 df4 b2 df3 into a crossover punch , its just i dont trust the computor wen tryin wake up shenanigans ill be testing it myself in a while just been busy today , ill get back to ya and let u know

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I know what you mean, I've been messing around with it too in practice

another thing - if you reverse a homing missile instead of a regular, it will hit them and you can get a d1~flamethrower.. sort of a useless combo but style points will definitely go up.

fr stack

I know what you mean, I've been messing around with it too in practice

another thing - if you reverse a homing missile instead of a regular, it will hit them and you can get a d1~flamethrower.. sort of a useless combo but style points will definitely go up.
all about dat swag , 21 homing rocket b4 b34 tele, uppercut :tonyt

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

If the B2 hits at the right timing and height like in some kombos it actually hits from the other side (so it's like a cross up) and they have to break the other way... That also means you have to reverse your inputs. I was trying to do B2 Flamethrower for a pseudo unbreakable but it doesn't work sadly.

NKZero

Noob
Alright good stuff guys let me know how it goes fr stack.

I'll keep you guys posted with regards to anything I find with this NJP splat tech.

fr stack

i think dis may work ive been tryin it against teleport happy scorpions an shit an they seem to get confused , worked against one or two good players too , maybe just confusing them tho still not sure if it reverses inputs !
NKZero
pimpimjim

NKZero

Noob
i think dis may work ive been tryin it against teleport happy scorpions an shit an they seem to get confused , worked against one or two good players too , maybe just confusing them tho still not sure if it reverses inputs !
NKZero
pimpimjim
Sounds like a smart idea but you don't want to leave damage on the table in the hope of a set-up. The difference between this and the F4(4) tech or the NJP splat tech I'm trying to come up with is that you still get a full combo and you have the potential of messing them up on wake-up. I like the idea of that unbreakable damage though.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
sorta off topic, but robo-sektor's upmissile will dodge scorpions teleport if timed correctly and the missile will hit him for a juggle

NKZero

Noob
sorta off topic, but robo-sektor's upmissile will dodge scorpions teleport if timed correctly and the missile will hit him for a juggle
Yeah I've noticed that actually while he's leaning back if Scorpion teleports it whiffs and if the missile hits he's air-borne isn't he?