What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Calling all Lackeys! -- F/T Council being formed --

9_Lives

Noob
I think this is an awesome idea, but I will most likely not main Ferra/Torr. Just wanted to say that sounds very cool and good luck with that.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Been wanting to join for awhile, but account verification delay has stopped me. I will be maining them in MKX and i would like to try and contribute to our community.

As a Bane Main in Injustice, I am strongly considering F/T. This game also seems to favor aggressive play from what I have seen. I'll get back to you with a solid answer tomorrow.

c_red

Noob
sign me up
sure all the advantages of being on the council are great. The one that peaks my interest the most is #3 though.

Anyways as for F/T in fighting games this is a style of character I never play. I pick characters based on aesthetics, for some reason this is the most appealing to me out of the whole cast, so, this is who I will play.

Audit

Falls down too much
Labbed up some Lacky Torr last night, He'll probably be one of my Mains. He feels like some crazy mashup of Bane and Lex.

Sign me up for this! though...this is my first mortal kombat game so may not be very constructive for a while yet..but if that is ok i'd love to be a part of it.

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
it's been quite awhile since I've been on TYM and I'll be damned if I didn't half expect to find a Ferra/Torr council, haha. We meet again Doom (if you recall me), I'd love to be in on the F/T council if there's room. The old Bane council was the highlight of my time on TYM and a massive step up in my game.

Audit

Falls down too much
Ok, F/T mains need to step their game up. In the stats in the online portion I saw Raiden had won 4 million matches. Ferra/Torr had won 77,000.

edit: I'm a dumbass that thinks one=won

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it's been quite awhile since I've been on TYM and I'll be damned if I didn't half expect to find a Ferra/Torr council, haha. We meet again Doom (if you recall me), I'd love to be in on the F/T council if there's room. The old Bane council was the highlight of my time on TYM and a massive step up in my game.
I could never forget my fellow dog bretheren. You were with us from the 2nd council of Bane, and we would welcome you back with open paws.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
The day we all seek is drawing near, and with it, more footage and discussion is going to follow. For those who plan to main the big behemoth and his snuggle buddy, please note that we are forming a Ferra/Torr character council!

- What is the council?

The council, like many before it, is going to be used to centralize discussion for Ferra/Torr. While we do have a forum for it, a space is also needed for other things. Speculation, for example, is dangerous to throw out in public. However, within the council, you can share your ideas with likeminded individuals before posting it out, thus helping to lower the risk of bad information.

- How does it benefit me?

The council is not only a place to talk tech and hang out, it is also a good central hub for all of the information gathered. Instead of long tag posts that may or may not include you, you can have a place where all of it is placed and seen within your inbox at your convenience. Add also the bit about bad information, and the other benefits may include...

1) Possible rooming accommodations : If there are fellow Ferra/Torrs whom are traveling, you may be able to secure a rooming arrangement with them. There may, or may not, also be a chance for your room to be paid for through a sort of pseudo-sponsorship if you are providing good representation for the character (although not guaranteed).

2) Frequent viewers for any stream you may play on : While this isn't as tangible as the above listed benefit, streams that feature you will likely get multiple members of the council viewing for the sake of research and constructive criticism. Likewise, there may be a pooling of funds for a donation towards that stream should the option become available, and the fellow members co-operative.

3) Tech testing, and other information : Have some tech, but unsure if it's viable? Bring it before the council, where multiple members will have a chance to test your tech and look for errors. If it is found to be too inconsistent or too hard to practically perform in a real match, we can save you the hassle and the forum from getting clutter. Any information about upcoming changes, footage, or tech will be at your fingertips (assuming we can gather it), where you and your fellow Lackeys can dissect it in a private and protected environment.

4) T-shirts : Due to recent unexpected expenses, the T-shirt offer will be put on hold until further notice.

5) Traveling accommodations : Yes, you heard right. Not only do you have a chance of rooming with your fellow Torrs, but one lucky member (whoever is considered the best or top representation) may have their traveling expenses paid partially or even completely. This decision will come down to the benefactor, however once chosen the player will be allowed to choose any one tournament to have the pay put towards. There can be only one, will it be you?

- This all sounds great, what's the catch?

For one, you will be representing the council. If we find you to be putting us in a poor light, either through your actions or words, you may be subject to excommunication. Any paid arrangements will be left to a council vote, and excommunication from the council is permanent unless a majority vote is reached to allow you back in.

Second, you must be constructive and present. We aren't looking for everyone to join us, only people whose goal is to further develop the character to any heights they can reach. We are all mains, so while constructive criticism is encouraged, we frown upon people who are senselessly or needlessly negative. Jokes are fine, but don't take it too far.

Those are the main guidelines. If you can follow those simple rules and keep common sense about you, you will find that this council will help you improve as a player, and carries some benefit to it as well!

- Where do I sign up?

You can post below, or ask any member of the Ferra/Torr character council to add you in. I am one, and any other members are free to identify as such below.

- "Secret councils stunt the meta, no secrets!"

While this is true, all tech will become public in time. After it has been tested, approved, and so on it will find itself upon the forum board like anything else. We ask if you do join that you respect the privacy of the members within, as we also speak casually and someone may not want something leaving the privacy of the council.

- "What if I find myself subbing F/T, or first mained them but switched mains?"

To hell with you! Kidding, of course. If you want to help develop the character, you can join in the council. Even if you find yourself only using them for select match-ups, or no longer wish to main them, we welcome you to join. Just know that if you are not representing the character, you cannot reap the benefits that come as a result.

- "Why such large benefits? Trying to buy friends?"

Not at all, rather those are opportunities to be gained. Nothing is promised, so if you join expecting a shirt and a flight you may find yourself disappointed. Still, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so there is no real reason not to join.

The benefits are for one reason : To encourage players to be productive in their communities, with their characters. Too often are character forums left dead, and too much is left unexplored when forums are disorganized. Perhaps by providing the chance for incentive, players will be willing to work harder to find that new tech, to change that bad MU, to become a better player. Communities should exist to support their players, and this is my way of doing so.

Any other questions can be left below. All are welcome, lets get in gear and get ready for the game! Only 4 more months, and information is going to come pouring out with any luck.
This all sounds like that Paul Walker movie "Skulls", lol.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Do sign me up. Maining Vicious Ferra/Torr & will train on their other variations too. I would kontribute to Ferra/Torr community as I can. I consider them to be the most innovative character in fighting game history! Let's help them win a major, they surely deserve it and so far seem to have 'em tools to get it done. ;)

You can sign me up as well. Whenever I stream feel free to pop in and critique away. Even if I'm winning I'm sure there are things I can still improve on.