What's new

CaLL OF DuTy CHALLENGE THREAD....

Yeah i could go ham in MK and beat u that much easier.. but i would rather give the free an option u know?
In theory, being "good" at call of duty is basically an impossibility. The game offers aim assist, which completely annihilates any skill curve whatsoever when the topic of discussion is aiming.

The game is made so that there is an almost non-existent skill curve, therefore there is a huge fan base for it since any random dude can buy the game and get easy kills.

The essence of the game in a truly competitive level is the memorization of the maps and the spawns, and that's pretty much there is to it, which is pretty sad.

From a business perspective, this way of gaming is an excellent source of a steady cash profit, which I acknowledge to whoever the creators are for the game, after all, at the end it all comes down to business.

GhosT

Noob
You think i care about a sonya mirror? I dont even play the character anymore. If 2 of my friends want to, we'll put together a team and beat you at cod just to show you that even though i hate the game its not hard to be good. And dont bring me being a mod into this at all. Im allowed to talk just as you are on this site. I moderate a certain sub section of the forums. Ill even go personal and ask, how did you do at dallas?

Im tired of kids that talk shit just to talk shit.
man fuck that smarr calling me a kid to talk shit.. grow up bitch? I made a trash thread about call of duty.. i see how many of you suck ass at the game now.. so bad that you take offense to the thread. go ahead and talk shit, talk shit about what game thats worse? THIS was all of fun, and to prove that i am a tryhard on call of duty, good job showin your true colors.. and hey.. FUck mlg results, we can run as many matches as you want bro.

In my opinion call of duty is a perfect game for those who want an experience to do with war games, and for those same people that only play games casually. To me, it's a very ideal situation for there to be games for the casual players, and there are also shooting games for the competitive players (counter-strike, MGO, etc) but there is lack in the latter.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
man fuck that smarr calling me a kid to talk shit.. grow up bitch? I made a trash thread about call of duty.. i see how many of you suck ass at the game now.. so bad that you take offense to the thread. go ahead and talk shit, talk shit about what game thats worse? THIS was all of fun, and to prove that i am a tryhard on call of duty, good job showin your true colors.. and hey.. FUck mlg results, we can run as many matches as you want bro.
Yea i came in here and said the game is bad and you called me free. I totally started it. I can give you a detailed list over why this games makeup is FUBAR. It would take me forever though so ill list some major ones.

The first and foremost being that you dont even have to aim, in fact its usually better when you dont.

Spawns are about as random as ive ever seen (i thought bungie used to be bad). Ive spawned onto bouncing bettys, into crossfire, and ive spawned looking at the kid who just killed me. Seem fair? Totally.

SMGs rule the game. A silenced SMG with laser and like 10 perks>all

The maps are garbage. Take a normal map. Bomb it with a b52. WELCOME TO BLACK OPS 2.

They RUINED search and destroy. HOW DOES SOMEBODY DO THAT?

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Yea i came in here and said the game is bad and you called me free. I totally started it. I can give you a detailed list over why this games makeup is FUBAR. It would take me forever though so ill list some major ones.

The first and foremost being that you dont even have to aim, in fact its usually better when you dont.

Spawns are about as random as ive ever seen (i thought bungie used to be bad). Ive spawned onto bouncing bettys, into crossfire, and ive spawned looking at the kid who just killed me. Seem fair? Totally.

The maps are garbage. Take a normal map. Bomb it with a b52. WELCOME TO BLACK OPS 2.

This. The downfall of cods started after CoD4 , ever since that even worse crap they call "CoD" has came out.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User

See but half of the stuff you're talking about doesn't apply to competitive play and that's what 99% of players don't understand.

It's 4v4 you shouldn't be getting spawn trapped unless you're being seerely outplayed, bouncing betties and other forms of similar equipment are banned. SMG's are not dominant, an M8A1 will slap you on screen anywhere unless you're in their face. SMG's are good for objective play and CQC of course. You don't run silencers in competitive play, they are 100% useless. Enemy call outs and weapon damage loss make them irrelevant.

All variant maps are good, they're mostly mirror maps with changes made to each side to make them near perfectly balanced (close enough yet different enough) there are only 2 "bad sides" and neither are truly that bad compared to older generations of CoD.

I understand where you are coming from, public matches in this game utterly suck due to easy kiklstreaks, obscene amounts of lag, and clusterfucks of players but the game is 100% different in competitive. It becomes more like 3D-Plane interactive RTS than a traditional FPS lol.

GhosT

Noob
This. The downfall of cods started after CoD4 , ever since that even worse crap they call "CoD" has came out.
You are correct. Cod 4 was prolly as good as it will ever get.. They cannot help but complicate the game as much as possible.. Cod 4, the simplicitym the balance, the gun play.. Easily best cod EVER

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
See but half of the stuff you're talking about doesn't apply to competitive play and that's what 99% of players don't understand.

It's 4v4 you shouldn't be getting spawn trapped unless you're being seerely outplayed, bouncing betties and other forms of similar equipment are banned. SMG's are not dominant, an M8A1 will slap you on screen anywhere unless you're in their face. SMG's are good for objective play and CQC of course. You don't run silencers in competitive play, they are 100% useless. Enemy call outs and weapon damage loss make them irrelevant.

All variant maps are good, they're mostly mirror maps with changes made to each side to make them near perfectly balanced (close enough yet different enough) there are only 2 "bad sides" and neither are truly that bad compared to older generations of CoD.

I understand where you are coming from, public matches in this game utterly suck due to easy kiklstreaks, obscene amounts of lag, and clusterfucks of players but the game is 100% different in competitive. It becomes more like 3D-Plane interactive RTS than a traditional FPS lol.
I agree with that. I wasnt trashing a competitive side cause ive never tried the competitive version of this particular cod. I also come from a semi-serious halo background which makes me that much more jaded toward a game like this.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
You are correct. Cod 4 was prolly as good as it will ever get.. They cannot help but complicate the game as much as possible.. Cod 4, the simplicitym the balance, the gun play.. Easily best cod EVER
I would have agreed with you 3 months ago but looking back... the maps were pretty badly balanced with the exception of a few. M16 had absolutely ridiculous damage in that game compared to the other weapons, the thing was a laser. MP5 generally dominated up close with the odd 74u and P90 as well.

It's good don't get me wrong but the metagame wasn't nearly as advanced, and i think if todays generation of players went back and tried to break that game we'd see it's brokeness.

However i still think CoD4 pubs were the best ever, when the game was new there were some good players floating around. The game maps were actually very well suited to SnD but for objective game modes like Dom it wasn't nearly as exciting. Frags went hella far in that game haha.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Is it just me or the guys in this game pussies? They throw like 5 feet.
Yeah lmao i think they did that to stop the nades on Dom. I like it. Dom on Firing Range in black ops 1 was atrocious i hated it ;_; First team to cap all 3 flags gets the win lmao. If you go from CoD4 to this it's like night and day... MLB pitcher who throws 106 vs. 6 year side armer lol.

GhosT

Noob
I would have agreed with you 3 months ago but looking back... the maps were pretty badly balanced with the exception of a few. M16 had absolutely ridiculous damage in that game compared to the other weapons, the thing was a laser. MP5 generally dominated up close with the odd 74u and P90 as well.

It's good don't get me wrong but the metagame wasn't nearly as advanced, and i think if todays generation of players went back and tried to break that game we'd see it's brokeness.

However i still think CoD4 pubs were the best ever, when the game was new there were some good players floating around. The game maps were actually very well suited to SnD but for objective game modes like Dom it wasn't nearly as exciting. Frags went hella far in that game haha.

This is a deep discussion. And i cannot take a side.

Personally, as a comeptitive player..

THE mp5 took backsteat to 74 u juggernaut in later stages, however. Cod 4 juggernaut/ stop power was till as balanced IMO..

The m16 was a problem yeah.. but juggernaut countered this. Honestly the Juggernaut 74u and the stopping power mp5 were so closely matched.

The one broken part of COD 4 aside from unbalanced maps.

Three frag was too powerful, Maps were sometimes overpowered per one side.. One side had a BIG advantage etc.. but playing search and destroy only limitied this effect. My bad maps were maybe one or two, and i could always creep and camp on these maps, the good maps (most of cod 4 maps) were a good experience everytime.

GhosT

Noob
And fellas!....

Let me be clear, I am not the best COD player, but wtf are we here for right?

I dont wanna be in flux with my buds. but god damn, i feel the swag says my team of 3 (or 4) wont be beaten by TYM challengers, and honestly this is more due to their skill than mine.

Yeah cod is crack head status i know, but you cannot top my crack head buds lol :p thats the whole point of the challenge :D

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
i realized Cod was bad in mw2 when me and my friends got 100 win streak. It was dumb easy. but the straw that broke the camels back was Black ops 1. By far the worst game i have ever played. I havnt played a FPS in 3 years because of that game

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
i realized Cod was bad in mw2 when me and my friends got 100 win streak. It was dumb easy. but the straw that broke the camels back was Black ops 1. By far the worst game i have ever played. I havnt played a FPS in 3 years because of that game
That game was broken but Blops1 and 2 are really good competitive wise

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
And fellas!....

Let me be clear, I am not the best COD player, but wtf are we here for right?

I dont wanna be in flux with my buds. but god damn, i feel the swag says my team of 3 (or 4) wont be beaten by TYM challengers, and honestly this is more due to their skill than mine.

Yeah cod is crack head status i know, but you cannot top my crack head buds lol :p thats the whole point of the challenge :D

I will accept the 3v3 when I get blops2. I have 2 others that will gladly play. Pm me your gamertag.

GhosT

Noob
Yeah lmao i think they did that to stop the nades on Dom. I like it. Dom on Firing Range in black ops 1 was atrocious i hated it ;_; First team to cap all 3 flags gets the win lmao. If you go from CoD4 to this it's like night and day... MLB pitcher who throws 106 vs. 6 year side armer lol.
lol yeah like every map had spawn Nades lol. I miss those days