What's new

Question - Heavy Weapons Calculating Frame data Cancels on Block

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Hey fellow Jax mains and other contributors. I'm pretty good with frame data, but cancel frame data has always eluded me...

Question: How do you calculate cancels on hit/ block? I've heard Jax's LAW cancel is -6 on block, but isn't it dependent on what string you cancel the rockets from? I believe most cancels say the block advantage is -1, but some characters can jail after strings (Hellfire Scorpian comes to mind), while others appear to be negative.

Also, I am looking for a co-main and have this weird rule that I won't play a character unless they have a cancel at their disposal, because I find the game to be more fun with that element. I know Hellfire and Liu Kang can both frame trap off of cancels. Am I overlooking anyone? Currently my top pick is Tanya and have prospective interest in Liu Kang and devorah. Maybe kano, but prob not. Hellfire and Raiden are definite no's. No one else really comes to mind, Jackie Briggs tech maybe? In a bit of a co-main crisis, but leaning towards Tanya.

EDIT: If a thread already exists with this info, please direct me to it. I have not seen one yet.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Hey fellow Jax mains and other contributors. I'm pretty good with frame data, but cancel frame data has always eluded me...

Question: How do you calculate cancels on hit/ block? I've heard Jax's LAW cancel is -6 on block, but isn't it dependent on what string you cancel the rockets from? I believe most cancels say the block advantage is -1, but some characters can jail after strings (Hellfire Scorpian comes to mind), while others appear to be negative.

Also, I am looking for a co-main and have this weird rule that I won't play a character unless they have a cancel at their disposal, because I find the game to be more fun with that element. I know Hellfire and Liu Kang can both frame trap off of cancels. Am I overlooking anyone? Currently my top pick is Tanya and have prospective interest in Liu Kang and devorah. Maybe kano, but prob not. Hellfire and Raiden are definite no's. No one else really comes to mind, Jackie Briggs tech maybe? In a bit of a co-main crisis, but leaning towards Tanya.

EDIT: If a thread already exists with this info, please direct me to it. I have not seen one yet.
I would wait on picking a co-main until they release Tremor. I have a feeling he's going to be bad @$$.

Bender

I started playing Liu Kang over the weekend. Have his frame trap cancels down and am even linking hits from his b12, f3 and f21 into full combos. I definitely like the character.

Yes, there's a good chance I'll pick up Tremor when he comes out. He is the character I've been most excited about - I hope he is technical to master and top tier to play :)

Reactions: GAV

Bender

A-list johhny,
Yeah A-List is good! I've played Michaelangelos A list and can't touch him haha. I do better against his Quan Chi and always tell him he should go Johnny in tournaments. I feel the character is a little too similar to Jax though, but I'll give him another look.

nicomatc

victory has defeated uuuu...
jc is ok, the fact dat he lacks low starter really hurts, & he only has two combos.........in all variations sux