What's new

Guide Cage Redfield's Lobo Guide

Yoaks

A spaceman
Well ya, I talking second bar of health.

Example: MB czar toss-b2u1-113-hook charge=38%-MB f3-MB b3w/trait-level transition=56%[quote/]

I would only really do this on an opponents second bar of health to go for the win. Lobo seems like a risk heavy character and that is a risk I like taking.
Do 113 for the extra 4%. Yea Lobo is a risk taking character. Maybe not a high risk character cause Lobo does reward you for patient play. But the risk is worth it. He's a better Shazam imo.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Do 113 for the extra 4%. Yea Lobo is a risk taking character. Maybe not a high risk character cause Lobo does reward you for patient play. But the risk is worth it. He's a better Shazam imo.
I was never saying what you were saying about b3 after MB czar toss was invalid. I was just thinking there could be other set ups with trait to score big unclashable damage. That's all.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I know the b3 w/trait does a lot more damage. That's why SOMETIMES I like to save it for a naked MB f3 w/trait set up. However, if you are always using trait in combos then it will be very difficult to use both trait shots for the unclashable damage when your opponent is on there second bar of health.

That's what I am saying!!!
That's the balance of playing Lobo. Have to take every opportunity to get trait loaded in between combos and stuff. You can get it out safely by doing things like b12~trait, b2u1~trait, 21~trait, and f21~trait in combos without sacrificing much damage, then using that trait for biggggggg dammmmyyyyyyy.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Well ya, I talking second bar of health.

Example: MB czar toss-b2u1-21-hook charge=34%-MB f3-MB b3w/trait-level transition=56%

That's 3 meters for 90% damage. If the opponents wake up attack get beat out your almost guaranteed the victory.

I would only really do this on an opponents second bar of health to go for the win. Lobo seems like a risk heavy character and that is a risk I like taking.
Well, most people clash once you get a combo on them in the second life bar. They aren't going to want to take nearly 50% damage which Lobo pretty much does with every combo. So odds are they are going to clash during the first combo anyway. Not to mention that relying on a stage transition as a strategy is fine, but it's not going to happen as often as just doing a regular combo on them. My 2nd life bar strategy is to do big meterless combo damage to force them to clash. Or even using meter, fuck it. As long as they clash you can keep your meter. All you have to do is get one combo that ends with a set up into another combo, or depending on the character you can pick them off your mb pump shots.

If you have 2 traits, starting with a mb toss you can do mb toss, b3, j3, 21~hook charge for 43% and you still have 1 trait loaded. After the hook charge you have 3 options.

1. Just block, which will net you no damage unless you get a block punish.
2. another mb toss combo for 43% which nets you 86% for 2 bars of meter and 2 shells overall
3. Blow up their wakeup with a jump forward normal. If your j1 beats their wakeup you can do a 113 starter combo for 50% netting you 93% for 2 bars and 2 shells, or if your j2 beats their wakeup you can do a b2u1 combo starter for 53% netting you 96% damage for 2 bars and 2 shells. You could even end those combos with trait reload, sacrificing a minimal amount of damage for a safe trait load giving you your unclashable shots back.

You don't want to waste meter where you don't have to. The hardest part is just being able to do the combos which is just spending a little time in training mode.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
That's the balance of playing Lobo. Have to take every opportunity to get trait loaded in between combos and stuff. You can get it out safely by doing things like b12~trait, b2u1~trait, 21~trait, and f21~trait in combos without sacrificing much damage, then using that trait for biggggggg dammmmyyyyyyy.
Exactly!!! With the little I have played with him this is what I like to do.

Lobo back to corner getting pressured: (21-trait charge)-(MB czar toss-b2u1-113-hook charge)-(MB f3-MB b3-level transition)=100%

The opponent goes from 100% health to 0% in like 7 seconds...it's awesome.

I know Lobo will not always be in the corner and this is somewhat match up specific but this still worth remembering.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Exactly!!! With the little I have played with him this is what I like to do.

Lobo back to corner getting pressured: (21-trait charge)-(MB czar toss-b2u1-113-hook charge)-(MB f3-MB b3-level transition)=100%

The opponent goes from 100% health to 0% in like 7 seconds...it's awesome.
That really depends on the character and their wakeups though. Just something to keep in mind.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Just an idea. I know low hook is punishable on block; so is hook charge without meter. Was thinking of ways to keep the opponent guessing. Of course, I am coming from the perspective that the opponent has blocked the 21.

21-hook charge/low hook

mid-overhead-overhead/low.

You can cancel in czar toss after the first hit if I remember correctly. So you can really mix things up.

33/33/33 just like your talking about. Learning to love Lobo!!!

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Just an idea. I know low hook is punishable on block; so is hook charge without meter. Was thinking of ways to keep the opponent guessing. Of course, I am coming from the perspective that the opponent has blocked the 21.

21-hook charge/low hook

mid-overhead-overhead/low.

You can cancel in czar toss after the first hit if I remember correctly. So you can really mix things up.

33/33/33 just like your talking about. Learning to love Lobo!!!
Yea 2,1 is sex on block!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I prefer standing 2~Czar toss. Just to mess with them more.

That, and d1 are his best tick throws.
21~toss is awesome from halfscreen away. Even if the 2 whiffs they still have to block the 1 and then toss grabs them. As long as they don't whiff punish between the 2 and 1... this string rules. Usually it works because they are worried about having to block hook charge or low hook from that far away.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, if you play on the 360 gamepad I have found my own way to land 113-czar toss every time really easily...at least for me. If you can land 113-czar toss consistently then just ignore this.

Ok, what I do is 113 and as I am doing 113 I hold forward. When you are finished hitting 3 do a Zangief style half circle back...forward 2.

I get it every time now.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Ok guys, if you play on the 360 gamepad I have found my own way to land 113-czar toss every time really easily...at least for me. If you can land 113-czar toss consistently then just ignore this.

Ok, what I do is 113 and as I am doing 113 I hold forward. When you are finished hitting 3 do a Zangief style half circle back...forward 2.

I get it every time now.
Good too hear man!