What's new

Match Footage - A-List Cage match!

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The set against @PlateOfWater is already uploading, It will be ready in a few hours.
GGs, I think @FireBreather might have a few tips for you after watching the video...I play with him a lot and has a great Stunt Double Cage.
Thunder God Raiden,and I'm back from holiday Monday afternoonish but Monday evening is the soonest I can play you,any time in that week is probably ok but the closer to next weekend it is the less likely I am to be free.ft10 if possible btw
It will take more to upload but FT10 is fine. I guess we will decide the time of our set in the next week.
When you want we can kombat, best eu cage vs best eu liu kang lol
We'll play next week. Maybe someone will fix the insanely broken character that is Dragon Fire in the meantime :DOGE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what the other A-List mains and the returning Cage master @GGA Dizzy think about the recent set anyway, I'm always looking for new stuff to add to my game.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Looks good dude, for you I would say you get poked after f3 because you arent using shadow kick cancel into f2 so do less f34rc. When you go in for blockstrings use more d4 and forceballs and throws as your stamina decreases so you get some reward after nutpunch if they respect every thing.
@JTB123 your scorp looks good, would say you need to force your way out of pressure with armour and hold cage out of your face with d4. It's not the best but holds the range on f3 well, and after a lot of cancels you respect too much as you need frame perfect execution for true blockstrings with f2, you can poke or backdash if you think cage is slacking.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
The set against @PlateOfWater is already uploading, It will be ready in a few hours.
GGs, I think @FireBreather might have a few tips for you after watching the video...I play with him a lot and has a great Stunt Double Cage.

It will take more to upload but FT10 is fine. I guess we will decide the time of our set in the next week.

We'll play next week. Maybe someone will fix the insanely broken character that is Dragon Fire in the meantime :DOGE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what the other A-List mains and the returning Cage master @GGA Dizzy think about the recent set anyway, I'm always looking for new stuff to add to my game.
One thing I'd like to see a bit more would be f3->f3 to gain respect.
If your opponent reads your pressure (you were a bit predictable with the jabs after f3) he can easily d1 after your f3.
Second would be skrc if you see that your f24 got blocked so you can still keep going.
But in general you played really good, and your opponent aswell.
For sure cant wait for more ;)

Asodimazze

Looks good dude, for you I would say you get poked after f3 because you arent using shadow kick cancel into f2 so do less f34rc. When you go in for blockstrings use more d4 and forceballs and throws as your stamina decreases so you get some reward after nutpunch if they respect every thing.
@JTB123 your scorp looks good, would say you need to force your way out of pressure with armour and hold cage out of your face with d4. It's not the best but holds the range on f3 well, and after a lot of cancels you respect too much as you need frame perfect execution for true blockstrings with f2, you can poke or backdash if you think cage is slacking.
Looking at @GGA Dizzy cancel data, F34RC should be +12...it should be impossible to poke after it if I go for F34.
I got to work on my execution a bit, but it happens to be a bit sloppy in some moments :p
That said, is true that f3SKRC gains some more advantage on block and there are less chances that I get pocked out, even when not being perfect. Is a good idea to try it, I'll work on that.

Thanks!
One thing I'd like to see a bit more would be f3->f3 to gain respect.
If your opponent reads your pressure (you were a bit predictable with the jabs after f3) he can easily d1 after your f3.
Second would be skrc if you see that your f24 got blocked so you can still keep going.
But in general you played really good, and your opponent aswell.
For sure cant wait for more ;)
You are right I could use F3->F3 more, but that is something I do only after my opponent shows he is capable of dealing with F3->F2 and F3->12.
I don't like it too much because it is not a mixup or anything, if the opponent stays there blocking it beats this option and I end my stamina with little results.
It's great to catch backdash, I did it once around the ending of the set because JTB did backdash a few times before. In that case it works well.
You are totally right about cancelling f24 too, but sometimes I'm not sure about my stamina...if there is enough or no for the second cancel. Got to work on that.

Thanks for the tips!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cage Match 2: Vs @PlateOfWater stunt double

The first game is kind of awful because I had a freeze on my ps4 just before starting the set (lol) so both waited without hitting each other for a few seconds. Also, I missed a billion combos in the first game...just bad.
Except that, it was an ok challenge. I did nothing particular because I noticed that you had not much experience in the matchup...in my opinion is very important to get the lifelead and zone the opponent out, for Stunt Double is not too easy to deal with it imho.
A-List has a superior forceball; If you start throwing out your df2 to battle me from fullscreen, with a perfect timing I don't even need to block because my df2 animation ducks under your forceball.
You have to get a knockdown, activate the clones, and play the matchup from half screen distance, where your variation is superior.
Also, trying to interrupt me after 113SKRC on block is a good idea, but like JTB you didn't do that enough. Consider this option the next time.

Maybe @FireBreather has some other tips, he has a badass stunt double and knows the matchup well.

PlateOfWater

Aaaaaarrfff
Watching this back makes me want to cry. But yeah, before the match, I was a potato. After the match, I became mashed potato.

I felt like I didn't replenish my clones enough but maybe it was the pressure from your balls (cheeky) that made me consider when to activate them. I thought this after the fourth which was a bit too late

Do you know the frames of the 113SKRC ? Second time against an A-list JC so my knowledge on this match up was a bit far fetched to me. I know he's plus on some frames with the cancels but goddamn !! Getting pressured like that makes any mans knickers twist in the heat of the moment !

But thank you for the match and very appreciative for the feedback.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I suppose me challenging A-list vs A-list won't do much good for matchup knowledge :^)
How about going up against my Commando Kano?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@Asodimazze

Hey there, I checked out the first video, good stuff man.

I really don't have anything specific for A-List to recommend other than being more confident in your f3 DC 113 combo, when you are low on stamina. You hit it nearly every time but did 11 instead of 113 nut punch, just dial that shit out! lol

One thing that you can incorporate, that I have been working on but often don't do as well, is after raw EX nut punch or 113 nut punch mb, do f24, d1, f3, np as the follow up instead of 12, run, 12, f3 nut punch. The f24 combo does 1% more, which is negligable. The important part is it lets you regenerate your stamina. I think incorporating this into our gameplans will help ALOT because the options when being able to double run cancel after a nut punch hits really can make the opponent scared to push buttons.

Other then that, just basic tips as always like "punish better" that anyone would say. No one is 100% with that so really no reason to bring it up, just figured i'd throw it out there so people don't think i'm ignoring it, lol

Asodimazze

Thanks for the tips @GGA Dizzy , I appreciate it a lot.

About the EXnut, f24, d1, f3xxnutpunch, I know it is much better than EXnut, 12, run,12, f3xxnut but I am scared to drop it mid match and missing a standing reset after using a bar would be a disaster...I need to practice it more and build confidence. I'll definitely try to do it consistently in the future.

I suppose me challenging A-list vs A-list won't do much good for matchup knowledge :^)
How about going up against my Commando Kano?
Commando Kano is ok but even if we play the mirror match is not a problem for me, it's still a matchup that one has to know afterall. Feel free to choose who you want. FT5 or FT10?

rafaw

#YouSuck
You JC is pretty solid @Asodimazze, if you want any tip i can give you a few but not that important ones, you already got a nice Cage :D

Somethings that i use and notice that you dont is:
When your goint for the chip, might be better go for 333xxWhatever, does more damage than 113xxWhatever.
You use a lot of F3rc~12, on block they could poke out of 12 bc the fucking 1 whiffing even on cr block.
Easy way to punish exNP taking just the chip: reversal exnp, if your facing A-list and they delay mb np, once you block you can just exnp of your own and it will beat the mb rising punch, but you will get the damage tho.
Hard way to punish exNP 21skrc~combo, i guess that its a 2frame punish.

Didnt have enough oportunits to antiair with exnp there to say something about this, if you post more matchs and want some feedback i can say some crap here and there :D

GJ!

Asodimazze

Thanks @rafaw , really useful informations.

I didn't know that 21SKRC is a punish for EXnutpunch, that's super interesting! I usually try f3 but miss pretty often, it's a tight punish.
A reversal EX Nutpunch is the safest option, you are right.

Regarding F3rc, 12...It's true that because of the whiffing problem it is duckable even on block, but I like it since it induces the opponent to duck more often and I can hit them with the overhead from time to time; a well done F3RC into F2 should beat any poke.

I consider F3rc, F3 a good way to bait backdash, but not too strong on his own because it doesn't create any sort of mixup and will probably get blocked everytime. That said I agree that it is a good way to induce more respect after my RC if I want some chip damage or more pressure, so I'll probably do it a bit more in the future. :)

I'll post many sets in the future, some might be interesting. Any kind of input is always appreciated!

rafaw

#YouSuck
Thanks @rafaw , really useful informations.

I didn't know that 21SKRC is a punish for EXnutpunch, that's super interesting! I usually try f3 but miss pretty often, it's a tight punish.
A reversal EX Nutpunch is the safest option, you are right.

Regarding F3rc, 12...It's true that because of the whiffing problem it is duckable even on block, but I like it since it induces the opponent to duck more often and I can hit them with the overhead from time to time; a well done F3RC into F2 should beat any poke.

I consider F3rc, F3 a good way to bait backdash, but not too strong on his own because it doesn't create any sort of mixup and will probably get blocked everytime. That said I agree that it is a good way to induce more respect after my RC if I want some chip damage or more pressure, so I'll probably do it a bit more in the future. :)

I'll post many sets in the future, some might be interesting. Any kind of input is always appreciated!
F3 to punish exnp i think is a just frame punish, 21 is the better option in my experience.

I really like F3rc 12/11 too, but the problem is against players that know the JC matchup, they will poke out very often which sucks. F3rc into f2 is great, that dont whiff at all :D
F3rc~F3 i dont like bc of the exacly same reason you said, dont put almost any mixup in the table, its not even good to chip i think!

Im implement F2skrc, B34skrc and D4skrc into my game.... really good mixup option!

Asodimazze

Cage Match 3 : FT10 vs @DreadKnight1 Thundergod

I made some execution errors and tried something stupid sometimes, but nothing too bad. I believe it was a decent set.

GGs man. You play your Raiden well, using pretty much every tool he has and dealing good damage when you land a hit...the fireball cancel pressure was interesting too, didn't see many Raiden do that.

I have 3 tips:

1) There is no need to respect my zoning. Raiden superman goes under Cage forceballs even if you input it pretty late. Be ready for it and punish

2) Like I said to the others, have less respect for 113SKRC and do something after blocking it. F1 or armored move work well.

3) I can't tell if you were trying it and making execution mistakes or no, but the b2 option select is a must if you want to use b2 so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and @Phosferrax will play our set in September, when we have a better connection.
In the meantime, I need more challengers! Come at me guys, don't chicken :DOGE

Grs_Haze shaolin kung summoner quan
Hey Haze. FT5 or FT10?
You have to choose one character/variation.

I will, I can play tomorrow at 00.00 GMT if you agree.
But you can't use both Quan and Kung Jin. Write here what character/variation you are going to play, and if you want a FT5 or FT10.
lets do ft5 with quan and kung and first check our connect with sum casuals

Asodimazze

lets do ft5 with quan and kung and first check our connect with sum casuals
So you want to play 2 FT5? It's ok. See you tomorrow at 00.00 GMT time. Right now I'm way too sleepy to play
I'm glad you like my project...playing good challenges, helping the players and getting some light on A-List can't be bad afterall

Asodimazze

The Cage Match is still open to anyone, but I want to raise up the bar a little and directly challenge @Nivek 's Thundergod, @CheapEddie 's Cage, @rubmytaco 's Grandmaster and @A F0xy Grampa 's Kung Lao. I know you guys play on PS4, so it would be great if any of you accepts to play a FT5-FT10 against me.

Analyzing matchups played by some top players would be very nice.