What's new

Cage combo question

How do you continue your combo after doing the nut punch? I've accidently done it a few times but never caught on how I did it. Like, (random example) punch, punch, nut punch, (and I'm asking how to continue the combo)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You cant. Its not a combo extender. It just puts your opponent at stagger state where you have extreme advantage.

leek

Noob
But I've done it by accident before..
It seems like it but you can't.

nut punch puts them at extreme disadvantage and often times you will hit them again, but it doesn't extend the combo. Otherwise Cage would have a bajillion 100%'s

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
It seems like it but you can't.

nut punch puts them at extreme disadvantage and often times you will hit them again, but it doesn't extend the combo. Otherwise Cage would have a bajillion 100%'s
Pretty much. Look as scorpions 1,1,1. It does not link into spear but sometimes it happens. Maybe your opponents cant block?

shura30

Shura
i don't know if it's some kind of a glitch or it comes with stagger state
if after nut punch i don't block it's possible to use a combo breaker

happened quite a few times

leek

Noob
i don't know if it's some kind of a glitch or it comes with stagger state
if after nut punch i don't block it's possible to use a combo breaker

happened quite a few times
Yes, yes you can. Not sure why you can, but I guess the stagger state is so close to not being able to block at all that you can break it or something. The cpu does it every time.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yes, yes you can. Not sure why you can, but I guess the stagger state is so close to not being able to block at all that you can break it or something. The cpu does it every time.
No, you can't. As long as a HUMAN opponent is holding block, you cannot continue your assault, but you can lock them down with more frame trapping. In all actuality, them blocking is a very good thing. As for the CPU controlled JC...The CPU has access to moves and combos that a human cant do. It's designed this way to give you a challenge. Mr. Tom Brady confirmed this in an early episode of STBL show.

No, you can't. As long as a HUMAN opponent is holding block, you cannot continue your assault, but you can lock them down with more frame trapping. In all actuality, them blocking is a very good thing. As for the CPU controlled JC...The CPU has access to moves and combos that a human cant do. It's designed this way to give you a challenge. Mr. Tom Brady confirmed this in an early episode of STBL show.
Yeah I never understood that. A CPU opponent got me in a epicly long combo and I tried forever to do it but never could.

leek

Noob
I'd have to test it out, but I bet if you pressed block and forward right as cage hit you while in the nut punch state you'd break it.

WITHOUT blocking first.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'd have to test it out, but I bet if you pressed block and forward right as cage hit you while in the nut punch state you'd break it.

WITHOUT blocking first.
I kinda doubt it as right after the nut punch, the combo stats pop up on the screen. Try it though. Let us know what you find.

leek

Noob
You can. It happened to me against me online today during a tag team match, if you just hit them without them blocking first it lets you break the continuing combo.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
You can. It happened to me against me online today during a tag team match, if you just hit them without them blocking first it lets you break the continuing combo.
Stagger states are special in that, you can't perform a throw on them like a true block stun, and they can breaker out, like part of a combo, although it is not a combo.

I think after a nut punch stagger state. Its always good to go for a cross-over jump punch into throw or cross over jump punch, into 1, 1, pause, F+3, 3, B+3 pressure or cross-over jump punch, sweep, F+3, 3, B+3 pressure. Though the B+3 might push them too far away, use your discretion.

Only time, when its not worth while, is if your closing them into the corner. In which case, use sweep, then F+3, 3 or sweep then F+3, 2.

Could someone post a better stagger state line, assuming your closing them into the corner? Thanks.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
After the dick punch and they are in the corner, I tend to use simple pokes like D+3, and 1, if they try to fight me it gets canceled by d+3 (Unless its got armor), if they jump away they get caught by the 1, which will turn into a corner combo at that distance.