What's new

Guide Cage BnBs

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
F4 x2 isn't recommended for the same reason 2 x6 isn't recommended. It's even worse in this case because it is in the beginning of the combo.

I think what playpal is saying is that you can't hit confirm it. I would say that it is possible to hit confirm actually if the JIP hits, yet is it impossible to hit confirm if the JIP is blocked then the F4 overhead hits because the person has the reactions of an 80-year-old woman and didn't block the overhead.

Getting a jump in punch on someone completely in the corner is very situational. For reasons stated above this wouldn't be able to be used reliably without hit confirmed it off a JIP. Another issue that adds to this not being a BnB is the high startup makes the timing awkward and somewhat strict.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
After trying it for a while, I personally think it isn't hard to hit confirm the second F4. You have to input the second F4 when the animation of the first one ends, not before, so you have plenty of time to watch if your opponent blocked and react accordingly.

Btw, like Dizzy said is very situational to get a fjp in the corner so I can agree on the fact that this shouldn't be considered a BnB, and F4 is very slow so one must be super careful and use this combo only when the jump in punch hits for sure.

Asodimazze

I came up with this while practicing a few hours ago:

Midscreen, 1 bar

Fjp, 21f2, dash, f3, 44xxEXnutpunch = 35%

I know that there are other ways to use meter with JC, but imho in some situations is worth to spend 1 bar to get some nice extra damage using this combo.
It is very practical so there is no risk to drop this in a tournament.

What do you think?

Perhaps to close out a round, that's the only other reason I would use meter with Cage. I would much rather save it for FB traps, red kick, or EX nutpunch to counter pokes and pressure.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
I came up with this while practicing a few hours ago:

Midscreen, 1 bar

Fjp, 21f2, dash, f3, 44xxEXnutpunch = 35%

I know that there are other ways to use meter with JC, but imho in some situations is worth to spend 1 bar to get some nice extra damage using this combo.
It is very practical so there is no risk to drop this in a tournament.

What do you think?
In my opinion, not worth it. 1 bar for only a 3% more? I wouldn't use an EN bar unless it would give me the round. And even then I would go with EN Flip Kick for the damage. Meter is worth more than 2 or 3% extra damage!!! Breaker, Reaction EN Red Kick and EN Nut Punch opportunities are too valuable.

Instead, stick with the standard: Jump in Punch, F4 or B3, dash, 2, dash 2, dash, 2, 44, nut punch or variation there of. Then during the nut punch stagger state, make them block the entire EN Forceball String x 4 for even more damage. Not sure how much it does in total, but would probably be amongst Cage's biggest damage.

Can someone tally up the % damage of Cage's biggest corner combo ending in nutpunch, followed up with the chip from EN Forceball String? Would probably be HUGE!

leek

Noob
Can someone tally up the % damage of Cage's biggest corner combo ending in nutpunch, followed up with the chip from EN Forceball String? Would probably be HUGE!
Well I believe the highest damage is 42% with 21F2 2x5 114~nutpunch (just trying to recall the damage output, probably off by 2% in either direction). Adding in 6% chip from F33B3(guaranteed in the corner for Ex-forceball) and 4% in from the ex-forceballs, you could get at least 52% if you just end there. Say you went for a throw after to get sure damage you'd be at 64%..but instead, you could continue with ex forceball traps though with F33B3 until you run out of meter. At full meter I believe you get 5 volleys meaning if you opened up the round with the corner combo, you have 92% damage.. then add in another F33B3 w/flip kick and you have 8 more %, killing them..

based off of memory, not actually playing atm so take it with a grain of salt.

Asodimazze

In my opinion, not worth it. 1 bar for only a 3% more? I wouldn't use an EN bar unless it would give me the round.
Why is it 3% more? Using 21f2 starter and nutpunch ender the max you can do without meter is this:

21f2; dash; f3; f3xxnutpunch = 25%

Using one bar and EXnut ender the max you can do is :

21f2; dash; f3; 44xxEXnutpunch = 32%

We all know that Cage can use meter in other useful ways, and I already wrote it in my last post, but +7% is a nice boost and it may be very useful in different situations....this option should be considered imho.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
There's also 1 Combo with cage i like to do: F4, Dash, 2,1,F2, 4,4 EX nutpunch. Does about 39% Dmg with jumpunch start
also EX nutpunch is needed at the end otherwise it wont hit.

Asodimazze

There's also 1 Combo with cage i like to do: F4, Dash, 2,1,F2, 4,4 EX nutpunch. Does about 39% Dmg with jumpunch start
also EX nutpunch is needed at the end otherwise it wont hit.
You can boost the damage a bit adding an extra 2, I don't remember how much exactly :p

F4; dash 2; dash 2,1,f2; dash 4,4xxEXnutpunch

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Idk if anyone found this yet but I found a good midscreen no meter combo off of 21f2 with him. It's 21f2,quick dash, f3, quick dash, 44 into nadzpunch for 30% so really you don't have to waste meter on a ex nadzpunch. Timing is strict though so it takes much practice to hit consistently

My rule of thumb is that if the meter used in a combo does not add around 10%, then it is not worth using. Plus, I already consider the follow up jip F33 ex fb as part of my combo. Let's take this into consideration: 21f2, F3 nut punch, jip f33 ex fb is 32%. 21f2, 44 ex nut punch, jip f33b3 is 38%. That's 6% more damage, however the first combo puts you at advantage, so if you follow up with another F33b3, that's 38%, but you gain more meter in the process. Also the opponent might do something stupid, like jump or poke, giving you even more damage. Yes the opponent can armor out, but that can be baited and punished into full combo.

I have been considering the usage of meter to boost damage on opponents that are hard to pressure (sonya, kenshi). Perhaps they can be game changing, even if they only add like 6% damage. Then again, meter is important and JC is arguably better off playing the xray.

Also guys, please do not post combos that are hard to pull off. This is a bnb thread, meaning practical combos recommended in a game.

Updated with the njp combos. Sorry bros but i'm lazy.

F4, F4 isn't recommended because you can't hit confirm it, you have to commit. F4 is slow as hell and people will most likely be able to react to it. If they block, following up with another F4 is the worst thing you can do.
F4 can be punished with d1 on reactions, it will actually be an anti air d1 because it launches cage into the air, scorpion can punish f4 with d1 teleport with vortex combo, f4 is really not recommended at all.

Asodimazze

F4 can be punished with d1 on reactions, it will actually be an anti air d1 because it launches cage into the air, scorpion can punish f4 with d1 teleport with vortex combo, f4 is really not recommended at all.
We are talking about F4 used mid combos....I don't know why everyone has to point out that this move is unsafe when it really doesn't matter.

It is expecially useful in the combo posted by MikeMetroid, which is also very easy and every JC player should use.

Anti Air with NJP?

NJP, F4, F4, 2, 44, nut.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
F4 has decent whiff punishing capabilities, walking back/dashing back is good when you want to get in with a f4 as they try to poke you and such. But then you have like f3 which does it better and isnt unsafe and really long startup. Only situations i seem to hit f4 is while getting in and they are waiting to throw a move out.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My rule of thumb is that if the meter used in a combo does not add around 10%, then it is not worth using. Plus, I already consider the follow up jip F33 ex fb as part of my combo. Let's take this into consideration: 21f2, F3 nut punch, jip f33 ex fb is 32%. 21f2, 44 ex nut punch, jip f33b3 is 38%. That's 6% more damage, however the first combo puts you at advantage, so if you follow up with another F33b3, that's 38%, but you gain more meter in the process. Also the opponent might do something stupid, like jump or poke, giving you even more damage. Yes the opponent can armor out, but that can be baited and punished into full combo.

I have been considering the usage of meter to boost damage on opponents that are hard to pressure (sonya, kenshi). Perhaps they can be game changing, even if they only add like 6% damage. Then again, meter is important and JC is arguably better off playing the xray.

Also guys, please do not post combos that are hard to pull off. This is a bnb thread, meaning practical combos recommended in a game.
Isn't he better off using meter with exNutpunch to basically turn around any pressure he faces? Seems like Maxter uses this like no ones business and it is super freakin awesome with the invincibility frames.

Isn't he better off using meter with exNutpunch to basically turn around any pressure he faces? Seems like Maxter uses this like no ones business and it is super freakin awesome with the invincibility frames.
Yes but I'm referring to meter spent on combos. My argument is that if you're gonna use meter to hurt your opponent, it's better not to use it in a combo.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Why is it 3% more? Using 21f2 starter and nutpunch ender the max you can do without meter is this:

21f2; dash; f3; f3xxnutpunch = 25%

Using one bar and EXnut ender the max you can do is :

21f2; dash; f3; 44xxEXnutpunch = 32%

We all know that Cage can use meter in other useful ways, and I already wrote it in my last post, but +7% is a nice boost and it may be very useful in different situations....this option should be considered imho.
With regards to the original combo in question. It was Jump Punch, 212, F2, F3, 44, EN Nutpunch. But off of a jump punch starter, you get access to F4 or B3 into 2, dash, 2, dash, dash 2, 44, nut punch, which would yield equivalent damage to your stated combo using EN nutpunch. So using the 1 bar to gain 3% more isn't worth it.

I suppose if you didn't have the opening to use B3 or F4, especially F4, and had to resort to 2,1, F2 then its an acceptable option, but only when you stock 3 bars! So you have 2 bars for spare. In that case, you could get the 8% gain as you mentioned.

But in this game, you can never have enough EN Red Kick or EN Nut Punch. On Reaction.

Guys, I have a really tough time executing the mid screen combos. This forces me at midscreen to just do 21d2 flash kick or f3 3 nut punch.

Any tips on how to master those mid screen juggles?

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Guys, I have a really tough time executing the mid screen combos. This forces me at midscreen to just do 21d2 flash kick or f3 3 nut punch.

Practice. This game is super easy you'll get the hang of it really quickly.

Practice. This game is super easy you'll get the hang of it really quickly.
Figured it'd be that. I think it's harder because i'm on the vita and the buttons are a lot smaller. I mess up the dash. But Oh well. I gotchu guys. In a week, people are going to get CAGED.

I'm guessing 21f2 f3 x nutpunch and the dash 2 combos are giving you trouble? For the 21f2, it has to be a full dash after the f2. You actually have more time to do the dash than you think, and you're probably doing it too early. After the f2, just input a full towards dash, and hold down on :r. Input the 3, and then do the nutpunch. You can get two f3's in, but it's better that you just stick with the easier combo for now.

Most people have trouble with the dash 2's combos. For now, you can substitute all 2's for 11 for your midscreen combos until you get the dash 2 down. The dash 2 is a quick dash motion, and then you immediately go to neutral (as in the joystick remains still) and input the 2. You can input another quick dash, go to neutral, and input the 2. It will take a little while to get used to because you'll want to hold down on towards, which inputs the f2, which is probably Cage's worst normal. Just keep practicing the dash 2, and stick with dash 11 for now.