What's new

Caboose gives his Story Mode Chapter 1 Breakdown and Hands-On Impressions! **SPOILERS**

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Stupid?

Girl this is probably the smartest thing Baraka could've done. Every damn time he tries to honor Shao Kahn he fuckin' gets his ass handed to him. THIS IS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. He's finally learning.

If someone came to me and said "Hey, in the future you're gonna honor someone and end up dying." I'mma honor the other bitch. Tarkatans might end up being actual characters and not just punching bags.

I wouldn't mind neutral. tbh. They need to do more with his character besides just being a grunt. A grunt who cares about his people and want them to thrive rather than die everyday? That I can get behind.
By stupid I mean inconsistent .
And man what the hell. Would you really ditch someone you serve to save your life? People must have convictions the priority

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I must laugh about this exiting-the-jobber-area thing.

So apparently you have to be GOOD in this game to get an actual story? Otherwise you end up a jobber? That is so pathetic, in no time all evil guys turn good only for them to gain stories? (mostly boring heroic stories though)

Neutral, that is the way they should be, a cannibal and man-eater shouldn't be good.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off

So apparently you have to be GOOD in this game to get an actual story? Otherwise you end up a jobber? That is so pathetic, in no time all evil guys turn good only for them to gain stories? (mostly boring heroic stories though)

Neutral, that is the way they should be, a cannibal and man-eater shouldn't be good.
I just want my boy to have a chapter

Its all i ask in life

But back to story speculation, the Jade interaction with Baraka, and the Mentioning of Kitana Kahn is interesting.

Baraka first serves Shao kahn, then Defects to Kotal, and is working with Kitana to rule Outworld?

Baraka has a stake in this plot that he has never had before, and its making me even more hype for the story.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

Nobody's saying that.

D'Vorah, Noob, Mileena, all bad guys with actual stories. Every character has a drive. A purpose. Baraka's purpose has only been to get beat up lol. Now it looks like they're making his purpose to preserve his people so that they aren't constantly dying every game.

Kotal Kahn's the same way. He's not evil. He's not good. He's neutral. He only wants to protect Outworld.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
By stupid I mean inconsistent .
And man what the hell. Would you really ditch someone you serve to save your life? People must have convictions the priority
It’s only inconsistent if you think that a character has to remain static. Otherwise it’s just character development and growth, which helps make him more than a shitty one note jobber.

It's kinda ironic that they are potentially taking Baraka in the same direction as D'vorah were they'll both do whatever it takes to protect their people.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, D'vorah is a untrustworthy predator , the more dangerous ever character in the MK franchise, to make any kind of alliance / agreement with

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
yep, D'vorah is a untrustworthy predator , the more dangerous ever character in the MK franchise, to make any kind of alliance / agreement with
I think Tanya still holds the record for most untrustworthy considering all the people she has betrayed. In the new timeline, she's an Edenian loyalist though. Very different than before.

SINGH E

Noob
I think Tanya still holds the record for most untrustworthy considering all the people she has betrayed. In the new timeline, she's an Edenian loyalist though. Very different than before.
Quan Chi is also up there too. Especially in the old timeline. He virtually betrayed everyone lol! Shinnok (End of MK4), Scorpion, and the Shirai Ryu (in both timelines), the Lin Kuei (In both timelines), Moloch and Drahmin in MKDA, Shang Tsung in MKD's intro, also Shao Kahn and Onaga indirectly if you count what he said in Armageddon's Konquest mode about being treacherous by nature.