What's new

By Popular Demand...

DrDogg

Noob
I posted this over at MKU since they seem to think I'm an undercover TYM mod, so I figured I would post it here as well.

DrDogg said:
I have never created an introduction thread on a gaming forum, but since there seems to be a demand for it, here you go.

- I have been involved in competitive gaming since the early 90s, attending Street Fighter II (the first one) and Killer Instinct tournaments.

- I have been a member of the gaming industry for nearly 20 years, most notably writing strategy guides for Prima Games, Brady Games, IGN, GameSpot, and even a few GameFAQS guides back in the early days.

- I have consulted on various gaming TV shows.

- I am Director of Programming for DEVASTATION, an annual gaming tournament held in Phoenix, AZ. MK9 will be a featured game this year, but the event isn't until October, so I haven't created an announcement thread for it. Expect that within the coming weeks/months. www.devastationevent.com

- My main competitive game is Tekken, however in recent years I have not had the time to invest due to work and other obligations. My highest placement in a major Tekken tournament was 4th, which was one of the Tekken 5 Arcade National Qualifiers (capped at 128 entrants). I've won a bunch of smaller tournaments that don't really matter much in Tekken, Soul Calibur, Smash Brothers, Killer Instinct, multiple SF titles, Puzzle Fighter and Dead or Alive.

- I am looking forward to MK9, but will not play it competitively until I have a chance to look at the final retail release. If I like the game, I'll be at Evo for it. If not, you won't see me around here much.

- Since forum history seems to be important around here, I've been a member of TRMK and MKO for many years (although I rarely post at either site), Tom Brady pointed me toward TestYourMight, so I joined that site and MKU a couple months ago to get a head start on competitive MK.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
265 Posts.

I'm pretty sure most of everyone on here is already familiar with who you are.

But welcome I guess, I'll be at Devastation. See you soon.