What's new

Buying gear set pieces with credits

E

Eldriken

If we are talking credits with no connection to money, then I will retract what I said. That's probably not hurting anything. Between the title and discussions elsewhere recommending actual money happening, I didn't quite pick up that specific.
That's exactly what I was saying. If it is with credits, who cares? Equal opportunity for everyone.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
In-game currency only would be fine with me. People beyond the OP suggested otherwise.

That said I doubt NRS would do it because look how many times the OP had to explain why using in game currency wouldn't be p2w. Now imagine explaining it to a thousand morons on Twitter every day.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
In-game currency only would be fine with me. People beyond the OP suggested otherwise.

That said I doubt NRS would do it because look how many times the OP had to explain why using in game currency wouldn't be p2w. Now imagine explaining it to a thousand morons on Twitter every day.
No thank you sir have a good day, I don’t even care how many people rage about it at this point when they don’t even possess the mental faculty to assess what they have just read.

E

Eldriken

I edited the thread title since people clearly didn't read the thread and merely posted based off of the title alone.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Credits are already used for Legendary Multiverse, Ability and Shader-granting Multiverse events. If you had to use credits to buy specific Gear set pieces then people would hate the fact that there are too many things that cost so many credits and they don't have enough for everything they want to spend them on.

Plus, from a business perspective, NRS wants people to continue playing their games as long as possible and if they can just buy specific Gear pieces with credits then they don't have to keep playing and getting boxes to get that Gear and their playtime decreases significantly. Look at the Legendary Multiverse/Gear, same reason you can't just buy that either. Wouldn't be a good decision.

Doesn't matter if it's source crystals, credits, regen tokens, whatever. Giving people direct access to the best Gear without having to grind goes against the whole point of the fairness of the Gear system.

DeftMonk

Noob
Credits are already used for Legendary Multiverse, Ability and Shader-granting Multiverse events. If you had to use credits to buy specific Gear set pieces then people would hate the fact that there are too many things that cost so many credits and they don't have enough for everything they want to spend them on.

Plus, from a business perspective, NRS wants people to continue playing their games as long as possible and if they can just buy specific Gear pieces with credits then they don't have to keep playing and getting boxes to get that Gear and their playtime decreases significantly. Look at the Legendary Multiverse/Gear, same reason you can't just buy that either. Wouldn't be a good decision.

Doesn't matter if it's source crystals, credits, regen tokens, whatever. Giving people direct access to the best Gear without having to grind goes against the whole point of the fairness of the Gear system.
I mean we arent talking legendary gear. Whats the difference between one piece of epic gear and another honestly? Not much... set bonuses for the most part are very underwhelming and the best thing usually comes from rerolling the gear (i.e. 46% damage reduction from interactables or something). The only reason would pretty much be from a visual standpoint. I also hate the fact I have to leave a bunch of trash gear in my inventory just to keep the appearance of it unless I want to pay source crystals to change some epic thing that looks like crap.

E

Eldriken

Dude, stop acting like Epic gear is some game changing gear like Legendary gear.

It's not like we're saying you can buy certain abilities.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dude, stop acting like Epic gear is some game changing gear like Legendary gear.

It's not like we're saying you can buy certain abilities.
Well if Epic Gear isn't anything special why do people want to buy it in the first place? Let's not pretend the stats on Epic Gear don't still outclass Rares and Commons the same as Legendary Gear does.

trufenix

bye felicia
So the fact that the game has a system using in game currency for rerolling until you get exactly what you want either stat or looks wise is just lost on you guys or am I speaking a foreign language?

DeftMonk

Noob
Well if Epic Gear isn't anything special why do people want to buy it in the first place? Let's not pretend the stats on Epic Gear don't still outclass Rares and Commons the same as Legendary Gear does.
bro all of us that have been playing since release most likely have many epics in every slot for every char. Shit is not hard to get 1 in each slot then you can just reroll that one until it has stats you want. Its not like 1 epic is better than another and getting one in each slot is not difficult. We are not asking to pay 20 bucks and get batman's trait on flash or something.

E

Eldriken

So the fact that the game has a system using in game currency for rerolling until you get exactly what you want either stat or looks wise is just lost on you guys or am I speaking a foreign language?
Looks wise costs Source Crystals, and a stupid amount at that. There's no sense in having to spend real money to make your gear look like a piece you already have.

trufenix

bye felicia
Looks wise costs Source Crystals, and a stupid amount at that. There's no sense in having to spend real money to make your gear look like a piece you already have.
You're speaking from the perspective of someone who knows what he wants and wants to have it and only it, not from someone who doesn't know everything available but is hoping for something cool. I get what you're after, but its fundamentally opposite of their intentions for the gear system.

They have stated rather repeatedly that the goal was for players to have different experiences. For no two Batmen online to be exactly the same. The second you say everyone can have a batman beyond suit for a day and a half of grinding, that goes out the window.

I don't know about you, but if I worked on any element of the 20 or 30 thousand pieces of gear in the game, I'd favor the system that forces players to maybe use some of it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Would having another way to get gear that's NOT Pay 2 Win really hurt anyone?
NRS has always prided themselves on dragging out their games and hiding things until the very end. They have ALWAYS celebrated when half the community sees one thing and the other half sees another. They're the company that has canon-ized several characters that were just rumors, inside jokes, and outright lies. If they just gave grindaholics the keys to the kingdom with a list of epics and a price tag that disappears. This way they can sneak gear into the game every single patch and have no one be the wiser until it randomly drops in an verse or box.

Simply put, it's not in their nature.