A=3

B=4

MB= Right Trigger

Bloodbath: down back 3

*Skulls mash: D,B,F1

*Mallet Strike: D,F2

Gut Slice: D,F4

*Fastest command grab in the game, armored

*One of the most Important butcher variation moves, hops over some low attacks, is safe, MB variation (unsafe) launches and combos into stun, which leads to his vortex.

True Overhead Starter:

F2

True Low Starter:

F3 universal low

Cannot be hit confirmed into anything, must combo into B,D4 (stun) unsafe, to make it safer, hit confirm into hammer strike.

What is the Vortex in the butcher variation?

It uses all of his unique normals

The overhead option will come from forward 2 and the string (hit confirmable into stun ), is

F2,1,D2. Very easy to hit confirm into stun, if it's blocked your safe, the low option you must commit to the stun or the meter burn launcher. The reason this is a vortex is because the stun doesn'tcome from the B,D4 (chainsaw), it comes from the B2 which is plus on hit, and it causes a true stun, which combos into whatever you want. The actual stun in which you apply the vortex is a jump in punch followed by 2,2 (plus 21 on hit). Which leaves you open to do your overhead/low game

You basically do a specific combo and end it with 2,2 every time.

The combo would go something like this:

Combo into his MB overhead (F2,1,D2xxD,F2MB,NJP,*run into F1,1,2,B,D4, Jump In 2,B2, Jump In 2, 22)

*The run is necessary to make the 2,1 connect after the F1

Then you apply your vortex 50/50 pressure afterwards.

Once you understand this concept you can loop this and they will have a very hard time guessing the low overhead block.

Have Fun :)

All information came Courtesy of Ketchups Butcher Vortex Video I just did a write up to help break it down.

Mr.North

AΩ....... I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty ΑΩ

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Ok @xMrNorthx I went ahead and edited/fixed so that the video is embedded correctly on your original post.

And yea you could always PM them or @ them if you have not tried already etc.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
He does, you just have to time your delayed f3/f2 after a b2 on hit instead. That's still +10000000. Just don't go for 22 anymore.
They can still armor out or backdash. That's why I say it's not a true vortex anymore. It used to be a situation where they were forced to choose between block high or low. Now, there are many options to escape. Also, the damage from the setup that ends in b2 is pretty low.

jmt

Noob
They can still armor out or backdash. That's why I say it's not a true vortex anymore. It used to be a situation where they were forced to choose between block high or low. Now, there are many options to escape. Also, the damage from the setup that ends in b2 is pretty low.
Plus all you have to do is block high......you can see that low coming easily.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Plus all you have to do is block high......you can see that low coming easily.
Well, if anything, the overhead would be easier to react to at 19 frames vs the low being 17 frames. Either way, I don't think it's easy to react to. Maybe some people can do it. It's probably easier to fuzzy guard?