What's new

building a hitbox...

chores

bad at things
@chemist4hire @gummo @EmoScoobyDoo

Tagging you all since you are smart modder dudes.

I'm thinking of making a hitbox using a PS360+ pcb. I want one and it seems cheaper (and more fun!) to make my own.

On ps4, people with an actual Hitbox are able to use it in ps3 mode and just "soft reset" that unit with a specific combination of buttons to avoid the 8 minute timeout. Would I be able to do something similar? Does the PS360+ have this as a built in feature? I am really only interested in playing MKX and SFV on ps4 and PC, but padhacking a ds4 looks like a nightmare as I am a novice with electronics.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
@chemist4hire @gummo @EmoScoobyDoo

Tagging you all since you are smart modder dudes.

I'm thinking of making a hitbox using a PS360+ pcb. I want one and it seems cheaper (and more fun!) to make my own.

On ps4, people with an actual Hitbox are able to use it in ps3 mode and just "soft reset" that unit with a specific combination of buttons to avoid the 8 minute timeout. Would I be able to do something similar? Does the PS360+ have this as a built in feature? I am really only interested in playing MKX and SFV on ps4 and PC, but padhacking a ds4 looks like a nightmare as I am a novice with electronics.
Yeah if you boot up in ps4 mode you can do that. Just make sure you have updated the firmware on the ps360+ to most recent version. You can also boot up in ps3 mode and use the lab zero driver along with a ds4 on both MKX and SFIV for the ps4.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
For MKX and USF you can plug it in while holding 1P (jab/1/square) along with a dualshock 4 (I recommend plugging in so it doesn't die) and you can assign the hitbox to your profile and it will work without timeout. This can also work in tournament with a usb hub so you don't take up both ports. (this also works in skullgirls)

As for Injustice you have you use the ps4 mode, which should automatically happen with ps360+ firmware 1.54 and up if I remember correctly. However like this your hitbox will time out every 8 minutes because the ps4 does Bluetooth checks. If I remember right you can reset by holding the home button or you can just unplug and plug back in.

Edit: I would recommend going ps360+ for a hitbox because it has SOCDs built in which are required for hitboxes to be tournament legal.