What's new

Question - Dualist Bugs liu kang needs fixed + buffs

I am, however, quite impressed with the downplaying that's been going on in here though. Keep it up and we may get lucky and NRS will unnecessarily buff Liu... He needs it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They need to buff flame fists, it should do more damage, and he should actually be completely on fire the entire time.

In Dragon's fire being able to cancel a flying kick into a bicycle kick isn't enough to make Liu better than bottom 3. He needs to be able to cancel into bicycle kick from literally every special move, even air fireball.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
2,2 should be mid, overhead not high, overhead.

B2 should either stagger or pop-up.

Liu Kang should literally have Doomsday's Earth Shaker from Injustice.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Dualist stance. He retains his dark buff if you armor through attacks wierd no? I.e doing ex backfist through a move or ex bicycle kick. Another thing as well parry in FF is incredibly useless to jump ins... Whats the point of parry then?
The good in dualist. (still exploring)
Switching stances gaurantees safety and can keep pressure going. Fireballs are good in yin. Yin trance allows for safe escape. Yang allows to buff self cor increase dmg. Tho if blocked or hit you will lose buff instantly. Hopefully a bug issue on the block. But you can armor and still retain buff. I feel as tho dark matter balls help in keeping zone checks and as well switching into yin and zoning. Its quite fast from switch stance to anything when he puts his hands together, no run cancels needed.

Flame fist (quick dmg)
Good pressure tool against cornered oppenents. Fireballs do massive dmg as well as chip.Windmill punch allows for extreme quick dmg with buff. F213 ex fist is safe. Can follow up with parry or ex back fist or fury punch (must be a godlike read) parry or backdash. My favorite stance so far in terms of quick dmg and as well as corner pressure. 2 good reads with buff ends the match real fast.

Dragon fire (best stance all around)
Fireball cancels lead to great mix up and offensive pressure. I.e f213 fireball run cancel into whatever you please. Great combo potentials. Well speed low fireballs. Fly kick into bicycle makes getting in allot easier and is safe on block.

@XBlades
I don't think his fireballs in light form (dualist) are "that" good. They're like that average zoning tool. It isn't better than his fireball from his other variations, but it can work. I just don't like the recovery on it.

@XBlades
I don't think his fireballs in light form (dualist) are "that" good. They're like that average zoning tool. It isn't better than his fireball from his other variations, but it can work. I just don't like the recovery on it.

XBlades

Yeah his DF variation outshines the other two in terms of tools but i feel that dualist needs some tweaks.. Only thing that stands out in dualist is his stance change into w.e after f213 or safe on block after f44 its really quick and something to look into as for fireballs.. Its really hard to use since other cast can outzone you. Trying to see the positive things he has for now. And we will work on negatives later with gameplay.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Zoning in Dualist sucks compared to the other two, so you lose your good damage, good zoning and good pressure if you pick Dualist. Awesome variation.

XBlades

As the game evolves i just hope there are some tweaks to put in this character as well as the rest of the cast to make it at least some chance to balance. Otherwise kung jin fans are ready to get loose!

kaseyk

Noob
2,2 should be mid, overhead not high, overhead.

B2 should either stagger or pop-up.

Liu Kang should literally have Doomsday's Earth Shaker from Injustice.
Erron black has it in a normal with a tick throw to boot .
kung jin has aquamans b1 and a divekick to compliment it .

Down playing is when you say someone is not good when they are . The things i say that are bad about liu are bad so not down playing him just putting him where he should be . B tier at best where he is now and likely wont change because he was one of the first tweaked. .

I think b2 should at the very least be a hkd .
cancelable stagger would be far better but it's never going to happen.

Liu kang pros
super fun to use
great corner game in all variations
excellent mobility
excellent low starter
Good zoning tools in two variations
good meter building from block strings
Great at stuffing wake-up armor
Very solid against big bodies

One of the best let me in tools in df variation but it costs a bar or two in some cases to offset it .

I think that's all for his pros . Put next to his cons they leave you with a B grade character . that is not down playing that's fact stating .

If someone can give a solid argument against where myself and majority of liu players stand i doubt it .

Last edited: