What's new

General/Other - Slasher Bug with slasher jason?

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
So whenever Jason does his low into overhead and both of the hits hit me on block then I can't punish it. But when the low whiffs and only the overhead hits then I can punish him. Didn't see any video about this so I wasn't sure if this was known or not. Sorry if so.

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
Him whiffing the low means you're probably blocking the earliest active hitbox frame of the overhead (hence you're standing), which means it will be more unsafe.
Interesting. I feel like that the move should have the same amount of negative frames on block no matter what. Does this happen with any other characters?

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
Interesting. I feel like that the move should have the same amount of negative frames on block no matter what. Does this happen with any other characters?
Something more well known is if you block reptile's low starting string (b33? smth like that)
with Jason, but only with Jason you can block low and then stand up block and the safe string becomes massively punishable.

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
Something more well known is if you block reptile's low starting string (b33? smth like that)
with Jason, but only with Jason you can block low and then stand up block and the safe string becomes massively punishable.
Whoa. So the same thing but character specific? That's super weird lol. Didn't know this :eek:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Him whiffing the low means you're probably blocking the earliest active hitbox frame of the overhead (hence you're standing), which means it will be more unsafe.
This is related to the idea that Slasher mains can always make a blocked F4 safe by cancelling into bf3, but can't do anything to make a blocked f42 safe.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
So does this mean the "cancel advantage" is gone and the OH part gets it's own frame data?
I'm not sure that cancel advantage is the correct term in this context (I think you mean to write block advantage), but basically, yeah. The fundamental idea is that the string is comprised of (in this case) two individual parts. Blocking the first part of the string (the f4) has different consequences than blocking the second part of the string (the 2).

Edit: In principle, it's no different from the realization that Jason's B12 is safer than his B122

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Played a jason player earlier and tried to punish with Torr's b121 string but wasn't working. Went to training mode and found that it's around -9 or -10. Torr's roll punishes it on reversal all the time, but when I used jax's dash punch being 10 frames, it wasn't able to punish except for once in a blue moon. His gotcha grab was able to punish though, so it's likely -9.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It is the same frames, but the fact that you blocked it earlier means that you get out of its blockstun earlier.

Like for example, if you blocked a fireball point blank, you recover faster in order to punish or move earlier than your opponent. But if you block a fireball from fullscreen, the opponent has already or close to have recovered before you even enter block stun thus you being more "negative".

Meaties 101

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
It is the same frames, but the fact that you blocked it earlier means that you get out of its blockstun earlier.

Like for example, if you blocked a fireball point blank, you recover faster in order to punish or move earlier than your opponent. But if you block a fireball from fullscreen, the opponent has already or close to have recovered before you even enter block stun thus you being more "negative".

Meaties 101
Yeah I know that but I just didn't realize that it happens to strings as well.