What's new

Bug or intended? Stage Transitions Not Using Defense

Lokheit

Noob
Since MKX I've always liked to investigate the game's inner formulas for stats, damage scaling, meter building etc... And there is something that I've noticed for some time but didn't investigate until now and it's that stage transitions tend to show very clean numbers even in multiverses when my Lvl 20 epic gear character destroys Lvl 5 characters just by staring at them.

So I tested some permutations of characters with different attack and defense values and turns out that stage transitions always deal the same damage, the only thing that changes is the damage from the initial B3 that is affected by stats (when they show many decimal numbers is because that damage is affected normally by combo damage scaling, but it's constant when you take that into account).

I want to point this out because as I've stated other times, some characters are harder to kill than others even without gear in competitive mode (characters with Batman's defensive stats are 107.14% harder to kill than characters with Superman's defensive stats with many tier of characters in between) and this makes character's in Superman's stats distribution even weaker as ignoring defense but not health harms them a lot as they boost the higher defense in the game and they're still the easier to kill without needing universal effects that completly ignore defense.

I don't even main a character in Superman's stat group (Ivy is in Batman's group actually, though I think Subbie is going to be in Supes group I'm not sure) so this isn't a call to buff my character, I really think this needs to be adressed as it affects some characters a lot more than others so it's unbalanced:

The 107.14 to 100 difference that I mentioned between Batman and Superman jumps to 119.4 to 100 if all damage was done by stage transitions, which is a big difference (Darkseid actually is the one that benefits the most in this case). I know transitions don't happen too often, but still they should affect characters equally with their base stats.

I guess they also need to use the character's offensive values as so far it doesn't scale at all with gear but that's not an issue in competitive mode while not using the Defense stat is.

@colt @16 Bit I'm tagging you as I believe this is a core game issue.

PS: While I have you're attention, I think there is an issue with meter building based on damage done as it takes into account % of damage you deal, this isn't an issue in competitive mode but with gear this means building a ton of meter against weak characters and buiding almost none against multiverse bosses, this is only related to the meter you gain by doing damage, not by using special moves.

Also clash life gained seems to be bugged too as the life recovered isn't what the X% shown sugest but that has been reported before. Honestly a lot of these issues would've been solved (except for gear mode) if everyone started with all stats at 1000, just my 2 cents.

Last edited: