What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Bug canceling

I understand how it works cancel the bug into the run cancel but i cannot get it down, how exactly do you go about it? Like dash and then press run or what? What is the timing and exact input you have to do for it? (I am a noob)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I understand how it works cancel the bug into the run cancel but i cannot get it down, how exactly do you go about it? Like dash and then press run or what? What is the timing and exact input you have to do for it? (I am a noob)
The timing has become strict, I wouldn't recommend it but if you want, you have to run cancel the df1 input. So it would be F22 wasp grenade (hold) F F+block 212.
This goes for B1 and 112 as well.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The way I do it is starter into df1 (hold 1), when you start to see the bug come out, f, f+block while sliding off block into the first attack of the next string. You cant mash the f, f before wasp grenade startup otherwise you will clear the wasp grenade from the buffer and it wont come out.

Well yes but the timing is quite strict for some of them (especially after the last patch), in order of difficulty the WGCs are:
F11
F22
B1
it will take probably "some" time to master the latter ones tho.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I've come to conclusion that f22 wasp cancel 11b2 is much easier than 212. Use 212 on everything else imo (I don't do b1 combos).

When you go to run I don't even think about pressing it my thumb just magically presses the trigger.

Once you do run combos enough you'll get what I mean. Just stay in practice till you feel you got them down

I've come to conclusion that f22 wasp cancel 11b2 is much easier than 212. Use 212 on everything else imo (I don't do b1 combos).

When you go to run I don't even think about pressing it my thumb just magically presses the trigger.

Once you do run combos enough you'll get what I mean. Just stay in practice till you feel you got them down
I use an arcade stick but yah I get what you mean, lol I'm dedicated to learn her I love using her

I use 11B2 on B1 since B1 isn't hitconfirmable and this way I can use 11B2 if I hit them and 11, 113 or 112 WGC if they block (the other reason being that I can do B1 WGC 212 like 15% of the time in training mode) but 212 is the superior option for hitconfirming F11 F22 and 112.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I use 11B2 on B1 since B1 isn't hitconfirmable and this way I can use 11B2 if I hit them and 11, 113 or 112 WGC if they block (the other reason being that I can do B1 WGC 212 like 15% of the time in training mode) but 212 is the superior option for hitconfirming F11 F22 and 112.
B1 wc is definitely hit confirmable

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
You can try doing the cancel this way instead. for example, instead of f112xxdf1(hold),ff,block,f112 do f112xxdf1(hold),f,block,f,112(you will need to let go of the last f if you want to do 212). doing the cancels this way improved my execution vastly. Also, after mastering D'vorahs cancels try Lui Kangs and laugh at how easy they are.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I learnt by doing the WGC on its own & then RC 212, get the timing down on that so that all you have to worry about is the inputs before the WC. Or if you want, go learn Liu Kang just to get a better understanding of what needs to be done & then go try D'Vorrahs. I find them all pretty easy most of the time but can't for the life of me get F22 WGC into F11 ex WG to come out consistently, my fingers just turn to mush.

You can try doing the cancel this way instead. for example, instead of f112xxdf1(hold),ff,block,f112 do f112xxdf1(hold),f,block,f,112(you will need to let go of the last f if you want to do 212). doing the cancels this way improved my execution vastly. Also, after mastering D'vorahs cancels try Lui Kangs and laugh at how easy they are.
only tough one with liu is f44 into f44 into f44 with no gap . i just moved to dvorah and laugh how easy b1 wgc is lol . it goes both ways (im a liu main), goes across the board same as jc a list.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
People please try Brood Mother cancels from f11, df1 xx, 212. If anyone finds the magic recipe for doing these consistently I will be your best frand.

As is now, I can go on a run in practice of getting them, but almost never in matches. Only strat I can see is wait to see her hand go up with the bug out, then just frame input ff blk 2 as immediately as possible. There doesn't seem to be a buffer window prior to the moment you cancel to dash, and no flexibility to be late. If anyone can do these consistently and has a better way I'd love to hear it.

It might just be a 'level up brah' situation, and I get that, I'm not scared of tough execution, I'd just appreciate any tips from people that can do them consistently in matches.

Oh, and I know this is a Swarm thread, but no one talks about Brood Mother anywhere, soooo, I'm piggy backing on yall's thread.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
People please try Brood Mother cancels from f11, df1 xx, 212. If anyone finds the magic recipe for doing these consistently I will be your best frand.

As is now, I can go on a run in practice of getting them, but almost never in matches. Only strat I can see is wait to see her hand go up with the bug out, then just frame input ff blk 2 as immediately as possible. There doesn't seem to be a buffer window prior to the moment you cancel to dash, and no flexibility to be late. If anyone can do these consistently and has a better way I'd love to hear it.

It might just be a 'level up brah' situation, and I get that, I'm not scared of tough execution, I'd just appreciate any tips from people that can do them consistently in matches.

Oh, and I know this is a Swarm thread, but no one talks about Brood Mother anywhere, soooo, I'm piggy backing on yall's thread.
It feels like the same timing of b1 wasp cancel in SQ. The only difference I see is that you have to wait a little longer after she raises her hand.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
It feels like the same timing of b1 wasp cancel in SQ. The only difference I see is that you have to wait a little longer after she raises her hand.
I agree, probably a similar window, but I'm finding it a lot harder because you have to wait to do the input. In swarm with b1 I feel like you can just execute all at once. Thanks for the response.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I agree, probably a similar window, but I'm finding it a lot harder because you have to wait to do the input. In swarm with b1 I feel like you can just execute all at once. Thanks for the response.
Yea the delay is a bit annoying since I'm so use to SQ timing. Then if you wait too long you miss the window. It's pretty weird.

jmt

Noob
I want to play her so badly, but the bug cancel combos seem like they will take a long time to master to the point where you don't think about it anymore.

ZATA

Noob
I want to play her so badly, but the bug cancel combos seem like they will take a long time to master to the point where you don't think about it anymore.
nah.... i´m old, married with kids, have no time to play, and I can do it..... (except the B1), you can do it

Reactions: jmt

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I actually don't find her cancel hard at all. It much easier to do her cancel compared to Kabals.