What's new

Buff Skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

In this video i discuss the reasons behind this list and why it will make her a solid character, Skarlet has been nerfed so much while everyone else stays ahead in the game and getting buffs when they don't even need. Anyway, her main issues are that she just doesn't play MK11, neither with pokes, damage or punish, we lose MU against characters who are better in every aspect compared to her, they zone better when fullscreen so she has to play up close, and up close they're also better.

I've seen so many ppl, making wishlist on how they want skarlet buffed, but always seem to be shallowed, no different than getting 2% more damage on B2, like asking for no gaps on strings and stuff. I don't agree, i think Skarlet with gaps on strings it's fine, but her reversal not covering those gaps it's wrong, so here is a resume of my suggestions on the video:

• Parry becomes a base move startup changed to 7f - By base means, included across all 3 variations, there are some characters in this game where she cannot even use a string, everything gets launched and she doesn't have a counter.
  • Teleport, vanish frames starts 5 or 3 frames earlier, we always get hit even when she is invisible, not fair. -
Teleport: Recovery frames reverted by 3 or 5 frames - sometimes we perfect read but still cannot punish ppl for it
  • DB3, projectile crush starts a little faster to be actually usable on reaction. -
  • DB3 amplify, Launches on hit giving her an aditional launcher midscreen at cost of a bar, damage scalling to adjust, but better combo routes and better damage punishes, everyone else starts big combos from a 7f jab, she has to keep forcing you to guess 2/3 times to get the same damage, not fair.
  • B1, 15f instead of 19,(upward hitbox adjustment) -
  • B2, KB change requirement to crouch block or crouch, launch on KB or change to DOT, keep all current proprieties, no startup buff or block advantage buff.
  • F2, Hitbox adjustment (to fix inconsistency), sometimes they pass right through it while in the air.
  • B3, change hit animation to prevent whiffing -
  • B1, change hit animation to prevent whiffing -
Things i left out
B3 being 11f low
tentacle across all variations.

with this Skarlet is going to be fun, skarlet is going to finally be in MK11, and her rewards wil be much better

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
If you want parry across all variations, what do you want done with the variation that has it already? Stay the same and switch teleport to 2 bars since you'd buff it, or tack on another ability. Clot maybe?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you want parry across all variations, what do you want done with the variation that has it already? Stay the same and switch teleport to 2 bars since you'd buff it, or tack on another ability. Clot maybe?
definitely not clot, anything else would be fine.
I'd take the tp for 2 bars if parry becomes base. but not clot, retch rebution would be a great add.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
  • Geras nerfs are not enough. Two arms just too much for him, take one of his arms and we will be fine.
  • Kitana buffs also not enough unless her b14 deals %60 damage.
After these two necassary changes i am sure they will pay attention to less important characters like Skarlet, Raiden and Shao Kahn.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
  • Geras nerfs are not enough. Two arms just too much for him, take one of his arms and we will be fine.
  • Kitana buffs also not enough unless her b14 deals %60 damage.
After these two necassary changes i am sure they will pay attention to less important characters like Skarlet, Raiden and Shao Kahn.
She is already doing 50% meterless

Parry across all variations may be a bit too much imo (even if I'd love it). But I doubt NRS would change a tournament variation now.

However 15f b1 is a must and another b2 KB requirement and reward would be great ! (kounter/punish and DOT damage would be perfect)

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Parry across all variations may be a bit too much imo (even if I'd love it). But I doubt NRS would change a tournament variation now.

However 15f b1 is a must and another b2 KB requirement and reward would be great ! (kounter/punish and DOT damage would be perfect)
isn't Current b2 buff enough bro? i think it is a true game changer. imagine %2 extra damage for a super punishable overhead. that is what Skarlet needed before. All Skarlet fans should be thankful imo. What a buff.

Agilaz

It has begun
I know people like to meme about the playerbase always complaining about the next big top tier, but seeing people just shamelessly ask for buffs is like the opposite; you're all pretending your character is the next bottom 1

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Wouldnt mind a little more damage off of a punish. I like db3 as a reset though, so maybe bf3 can pop up mid screen off mb? She doesnt need much, just a wee bit of assistance.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
I know people like to meme about the playerbase always complaining about the next big top tier, but seeing people just shamelessly ask for buffs is like the opposite; you're all pretending your character is the next bottom 1
Worked for the Kitana community.

You can't tell me nothin'.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I agree on the gap thing.
Every other character with a gap has a consistent way to blow you up for attempting a FB. Scarlet's problem is that without the parry you can just autopilot the already easy flawless blocks and all she can do is stagger.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Glad you made this thread.

After the Kitana community got exactly what was suggested, maybe NRS might consider some of the proposed changes in here.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
DB3 amplify, Launches on hit giving her an aditional launcher midscreen at cost of a bar, damage scalling to adjust, but better combo routes and better damage punishes, everyone else starts big combos from a 7f jab, she has to keep forcing you to guess 2/3 times to get the same damage, not fair.
Would love that. She needs a launcher mid screen. Could be animated like Shang Tsung fire geyser, the opponent being stuck on a blood pillar.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That looks sick. It'll never happen because the vision for this game is ridiculously anti combo potential. String into special for nearly everyone and we're supposed to be happy with it :(

I'd love nothing more than to be wrong though.
Right now it sucks so bad, that our only launcher midscreen is 212, everything else pushes to zoning, and there are MU where we can't even do it because most of the character play better at the position she would ideal to play, meaning, you are at disadvantage at any range, up close, fullscreen it's all irelevant since they will always have better options even on position you would be.

Not to mention the gaps, the shitty moves that are punishable on block on top of having to work her butt for nothing.

So yeah fuck it, this is what she needs, one good read, one good combo to even the odds.

Levaranoia

War God
Can we get the the inputs swapped for boiling point and the restand move in her 3rd variation. Tired of that suit not being consistent.

Levaranoia

War God
They need to make red mist df4 and she needs to keep the tentacle
I don't know why retch-ribution is so much easier to come out then boiling point when they use the same inputs. But if they ain't going to give her tentacle then switch boil point and red mist's inputs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't know why retch-ribution is so much easier to come out then boiling point when they use the same inputs. But if they ain't going to give her tentacle then switch boil point and red mist's inputs.
Boil would be much easier to use if it just auto tracks, aiming where to spawn doesnt work well with that move