What's new

General/Other Buff DS trait , its useless now .

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
death stroke trait is 1 of the cheapest in the game if used right... this cant be serious thread. mods?
If used right, the problem is at this point in time is that anyone who hears "AAGUAGHAGAHGA" can go pee, make some tea, take a shit, go get that tea, bring it back to their sofa, pick up their controller, contemplate about life, come back, get a text message, reply, then come back and punish it. Our only safe way of hitting that trait was if we got an air knock down due to AGS. Since they added recovery, that's not possible anymore.

I thought it was super good because I didn't play Deathstroke. I was like: "Man, unblockable bullets? Yo that's cheap as fuck!"

Then I went to training mode and realized how much recovery he has on it lol. It seems impossible to setup safely without sacrificing a good chunk of damage, which renders the whole exercise useless since you're basically trading 20% guaranteed damage for 20% potential unblockable damage.

That being said, Deathstroke's trait is something extremely hard to balance. If they make it a frame too safe then it could potentially become broken.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
If used right, the problem is at this point in time is that anyone who hears "AAGUAGHAGAHGA" can go pee, make some tea, take a shit, go get that tea, bring it back to their sofa, pick up their controller, contemplate about life, come back, get a text message, reply, then come back and punish it. Our only safe way of hitting that trait was if we got an air knock down due to AGS. Since they added recovery, that's not possible anymore.
Honestly , If I remember correctly I lost ever match in which I used my trait . Even online scrubs punish it badly lol Or they just have enough time to get in so I dont even have a chance to use a gun when my trait is activated .

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
aquaman best trait? yea tell that to green lantern or raven. its good but useless vs some
Listen I'm trying not too sound rude but you have a instant combo breaker on a character who may very well be top 3, Deathstroke's trait had so much recovery time that nobody ever used it, it was a gimmick at best and to be fair Vulcan is right, his trait would be hard to balance but still, I think DS deserves some compensation for his nerfs, and if that means that a gimmicky trait might be usable because of a buff, the I am fine with that

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
He meant to imply that it was ironic coming from an aquaman main who has easily a top 5 trait if not the best in the game talk about Deathstrokes trait which even with his air gun set up was really not all that great
Exactly.

Look at it this way Mr. Trait God, escaper of combos. Deathstroke makes this long ass phone call in which just about ANYONE can stop him from anywhere on screen. It takes THAT long to use. He has NO safe way of comboing into it aside from D2 xx Trait which sacrifices **** tons of damage. He USED to have air to air guns from full screen, now he doesnt.

Now what's the potential damage here? On paper, you can get 3 machine guns for 42%. That sounds nice and all, except that machine gun ALSO takes forever and a half to come out. You'll also have to make a read too, and it's unlikely you have the TIME to get all 3 machine guns in because the opponent is likely to jump as soon as they see the trait activate. So realistically, you'll get 2 machine guns off for 28%.

Pistols are irrelevant in this state. Same damage, still both easily dodgeable. Jump the low ones, duck the standing ones. If your opponent gets hit by ALL of the bullets, you can get a net 30% (like that'll happen).

And after that, he gives you a FREE ticket in on him. No guns for a long time. Dash in as you please.

So long ass startup, no guns for a while, and mediocre damage while active. Cheap right? Lol, lrn 2 dodge.

LEGEND

YES!
231 can be used to set it up vs some characters, but ya the majority of the time using it is a death sentence. Though i don't think DS should be Buffed at all. At least not for awhile

EDIT:
If you end your combos in 231 he gets a free trait activation

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Its not always free, lots of characters can get in or punish you for it. tracking projectiles, teleport ect

jimzam

Noob
loll u guys think its easy to win with aquaman and calling him a god? pssh please go pick him up and humor me. unlike u death stroke players who have no probs vs chars like green lantern or nightwing... aquaman loses to chars like that bad so stop trying to act like aquaman has every thing better in life. if any thing both chars are around same level. death stroke prob slightly more versatile then aquaman tho

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
If you end your combos in 231 he gets a free trait activation

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Wrong. Tech roll the 1, wakeup with a projectile.
None of his good combos end in 231 anyways. You're not going to land this move raw.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
loll u guys think its easy to win with aquaman and calling him a god? pssh please go pick him up and humor me. unlike u death stroke players who have no probs vs chars like green lantern or nightwing... aquaman loses to chars like that bad so stop trying to act like aquaman has every thing better in life. if any thing both chars are around same level. death stroke prob slightly more versatile then aquaman tho
Lol this guy...

Dont feed the trolls guys. He think DS has a good matchup against Nightwing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
WHAT? If you truly think that, you are complete ass at this game. Aquaman would not be in the top 2 if he had so many bad match ups. I have played AM. He is godlike.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Exactly.

Look at it this way Mr. Trait God, escaper of combos. Deathstroke makes this long ass phone call in which just about ANYONE can stop him from anywhere on screen. It takes THAT long to use. He has NO safe way of comboing into it aside from D2 xx Trait which sacrifices **** tons of damage. He USED to have air to air guns from full screen, now he doesnt.

Now what's the potential damage here? On paper, you can get 3 machine guns for 42%. That sounds nice and all, except that machine gun ALSO takes forever and a half to come out. You'll also have to make a read too, and it's unlikely you have the TIME to get all 3 machine guns in because the opponent is likely to jump as soon as they see the trait activate. So realistically, you'll get 2 machine guns off for 28%.

Pistols are irrelevant in this state. Same damage, still both easily dodgeable. Jump the low ones, duck the standing ones. If your opponent gets hit by ALL of the bullets, you can get a net 30% (like that'll happen).

And after that, he gives you a FREE ticket in on him. No guns for a long time. Dash in as you please.

So long ass startup, no guns for a while, and mediocre damage while active. Cheap right? Lol, lrn 2 dodge.
Well said :) If nrs reads this forum they should srlsy consider buffing it .
But dont forget that more characters in this game have useless traits that probably wont be fixed. Best example harley.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Aquaman is a top five character... he has a free combo breaker... he has godlike range... a good anti-air... good damage... he avoids getting bad nerfs... what more do you need in a character?

jimzam

Noob
Lol this guy...

Dont feed the trolls guys. He think DS has a good matchup against Nightwing.
yea cause u have to deal with night wing in second stance zoning u then pounding u up close. not like u have guns or any thing to make him come to u. :rolleyes:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
NRS will not be buffing DS anytime soon. One of them even admitted in a stream chat that they have to make the game fun for everyone, not just the 300 people on TYM. They do not care what the serious player thinks. So, lets move along.