What's new

Brutalities not working

Like forreal? Ive been grinding for these hearts to unlock some brutalites for them not to work? A few of sonyas dont work. Is this a bug?

Reactions: jmt

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Ive noticed they changed the wording on how to perform these brutalities from the beta. But i know both Skarlet's Brutalities but its not giving me them for some reason. Do you know if you have to unlock them to use them?

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Ive noticed they changed the wording on how to perform these brutalities from the beta. But i know both Skarlet's Brutalities but its not giving me them for some reason. Do you know if you have to unlock them to use them?
Yeah, brutalities must be unlocked to be performed, although some characters (namely Sonya) have bugged brutalities that aren’t working at all. Either that or somebody at NRS forgot to update the requirements to perform them.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah, brutalities must be unlocked to be performed, although some characters (namely Sonya) have bugged brutalities that aren’t working at all. Either that or somebody at NRS forgot to update the requirements to perform them.
OOOOO! Well thats fucking weird....because I can still perform Fatalities that are still locked. They really trying to make you play that damn Krypt lol Im still waiting on the update before i even touch it. Btw.....has that update came yet?

Temptress

Edenian Empress
OOOOO! Well thats fucking weird....because I can still perform Fatalities that are still locked. They really trying to make you play that damn Krypt lol Im still waiting on the update before i even touch it. Btw.....has that update came yet?
Yeah, it sucks, but it was the same case in MKX IIRC. The update isn’t out yet, but hopefully within the next 24 hours.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I thought it was just me. I was trying to do one of the Shao Kahn ones I unlocked and nothing happens. It says the last hit has to come from his front throw. I satisfy the requirement, and no Brutality. Only one I've been able to do is the generic uppercut one.

I have the same problem with kotal kahn. His not a violent kahn one. I stacked 3 totems during the match and then meterburn db2 on last hit. Nothing happens. I tried with different totems etc none seems to work.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Same problem with Skarlet's B34 brutality. It's supposed to trigger on the last hit of B34 with Red Rain active, but just does not work.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Jump in, man. It’s actually pretty awesome.

The update isn’t going to change anything in the Krypt. It’s just gonna help us earn more currency.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
There are hella brutalities that don't work for some reason. Geras, Kotal, and Johnny all have brutalities that I haven't been able to get to work. Very lame.

I thought it was just me. I was trying to do one of the Shao Kahn ones I unlocked and nothing happens. It says the last hit has to come from his front throw. I satisfy the requirement, and no Brutality. Only one I've been able to do is the generic uppercut one.
I believe that one is where you need to tap the down arrow three times while the throw is happening. In the character screen, it just mentions the throw, but in the move list during the fight, it gives the additional requirements.

You should try it again because that is, IMO, the best brutality in the game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I believe that one is where you need to tap the down arrow three times while the throw is happening. In the character screen, it just mentions the throw, but in the move list during the fight, it gives the additional requirements.

You should try it again because that is, IMO, the best brutality in the game.
Oh wow, thank you! Wish the damn game would tell you how to do it. You grind so long to unlock these things, and still don't know how to do it once you get it!

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Sometimes my uppercut ones don’t work despite the opponent not being in the air
Did you block during the last round? You have to go the whole round without blocking or you won't get that brutality.

As someone else mentioned, go to your movelist and check the requirements for the brutalities. They contain more information about the requirements than looking at them through the customization page, and that might be the reason that some of these are not working for people.

Oh wow, thank you! Wish the damn game would tell you how to do it. You grind so long to unlock these things, and still don't know how to do it once you get it!
The game does tell you. It's just in the move list, not the character page.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Same with the universal ones (d2). They don't always work even though I always to them on grounded opponents. Why is that?

Kusabi

Noob
Even the uppercut one doesn't work all the time, and I know the "don't block" requirements, so that ain't it.

Like most stuff in this game, brutalities clearly weren't playtested either.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Did you block during the last round? You have to go the whole round without blocking or you won't get that brutality.

As someone else mentioned, go to your movelist and check the requirements for the brutalities. They contain more information about the requirements than looking at them through the customization page, and that might be the reason that some of these are not working for people.

The game does tell you. It's just in the move list, not the character page.
Same with the universal ones (d2). They don't always work even though I always to them on grounded opponents. Why is that?
Apparently you can’t guard the second round I didn’t know that! Thank you :)

FunnyMan

Noob
in case anyone doesn't know this already: you have to reset the game after you unlock a brutality or it won't work. the game needs to like update to realize you have the brutality or it just won't work even if u do it correctly.