What's new

Brook Universal Fighting Board (PS3 | PS4 | Xbox 360 | Xbox One | PC) Compatible

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
http://arcadeshock.com/collections/brook/products/brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc

Has anybody seen anything about this pcb? Alex Valle just retweeted it on Twitter so I checked it out and I might get it. I'd love to be able to use my Hitbox on any console all the time without having to use another controller or restart it every 8 minutes. Solderless, too - meaning it should be easier to install yourself if you have no experience soldering :)

Installation and video!

@Goldy
@9.95
@AZ MotherBrain
@C-Sword
@Krayzie
@YOMI Zyphox
@_xFriction
@HatecraftsWife
@AnybodyElseUsingAStickOrWhatever

Last edited:

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
http://arcadeshock.com/collections/brook/products/brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc

Has anybody seen anything about this pcb? Alex Valle just retweeted it on Twitter so I checked it out and I might get it. I'd love to be able to use my Hitbox on any console all the time without having to use another controller or restart it every 8 minutes. Solderless, too - meaning it should be easier to install yourself if you have no experience soldering :)

@Goldy
@9.95
@AZ MotherBrain
@C-Sword
@Krayzie
@YOMI Zyphox
@_xFriction
@HatecraftsWife
I haven't done much homework on this board, but a friend on mine who is a modder says its legit. Also, what kind of hitbox are you using? I have a board from a vitura fighter stick in mine and it has never timed out.

Scott The Scot

I haven't done much homework on this board, but a friend on mine who is a modder says its legit. Also, what kind of hitbox are you using? I have a board from a vitura fighter stick in mine and it has never timed out.
I'll probably get this then. Standard hitbox with the ps360+ in it is what I have. It times out after 8 minutes when plugged into a PS4 unless I have it plugged in with a DS4 to authenticate it (or something along those lines, I'm not sure of technicalities haha)

Scott The Scot

Thanks for the heads up, probably gonna grab one for my old stick and I can have a backup. Plus now I can learn KI for the casuals.
That's what I'm pretty buzzed for - I can go to Youphemism's house and we can play KI now! I always wanted to learn it.

Also, sorry I forgot to tag you. I forgot everyone who posts in the tech forms about sticks etc lol

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
That's what I'm pretty buzzed for - I can go to Youphemism's house and we can play KI now! I always wanted to learn it.

Also, sorry I forgot to tag you. I forgot everyone who posts in the tech forms about sticks etc lol
It's cool, it's just great community news so I hope it doesn't get overshadowed today.

AAAAAAH GGPO so excited.

Scott The Scot

It's cool, it's just great community news so I hope it doesn't get overshadowed today.

AAAAAAH GGPO so excited.
I know, of all of the days for the news to be released lol. I'll bump it in a few days if it doesn't gain attention of course so people can know about this.

Eeek I know, I'll be able to play online! :3

Error404

Noob
I know I'm going off topic here but forgive me. Can anyone tell me how expensive it would be to build a PS4 compatable Hitbox?

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Oh my my my. I need a price tag, a "how to" youtube video, confirmation from TYM and speculation if this works with the Arduino mode inside of the hitbox....

Scott The Scot

I know I'm going off topic here but forgive me. Can anyone tell me how expensive it would be to build a PS4 compatable Hitbox?
By build it do you mean like, buy in the buttons, wires, materials for a case, a pcb etc? I've no experience but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much more or less expensive than buying a hitbox itself.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler

@Goldy
@9.95
@AZ MotherBrain
@C-Sword
@Krayzie
@YOMI Zyphox
@_xFriction
@HatecraftsWife

What kind of HB do you have? Jus get a brook power converter. I have PS3/PC hitbox and use the PS3/PS4 -> XB1 converer, so i can use it on either PS4 or XB1

Scott The Scot

What kind of HB do you have? Jus get a brook power converter. I have PS3/PC hitbox and use the PS3/PS4 -> XB1 converer, so i can use it on either PS4 or XB1
I have the multiconsole one. I was going to buy a converter but I'd rather buy and install this board because I don't have to carry a converter with me. It's just better imo.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I have the multiconsole one. I was going to buy a converter but I'd rather buy and install this board because I don't have to carry a converter with me. It's just better imo.
To each their own, just my 2 cents. It was pretty cheap the way I did it. 30 dolar converter plus the hitbox. Most tournaments are PS4 so I dont think ill ever need the converter except when playing at home

Error404

Noob
By build it do you mean like, buy in the buttons, wires, materials for a case, a pcb etc? I've no experience but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much more or less expensive than buying a hitbox itself.
Maybe , but according to their website they will charge me 60 dollars for international delivery and that's a big no no xD

Scott The Scot

Maybe , but according to their website they will charge me 60 dollars for international delivery and that's a big no no xD
Oh yeah, I forgot about the shipping. I just payed that 60 then more money for customs when it got to the UK.

Erm, well read the contents of this website: http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html then price out the parts. You can be ghetto and use like a shoe box or some other tub as your case. DIY isn't always cheaper, I've found in the past (Not arcade stick, other stuff :p )