What's new

Question - Brood Mother Brood Mother Buffs in Kp2?

What would you guys like to see buffed in KP2 that won't break brood mother, but that would at least make her viable. I would personally love to see her gain an overhead armor launcher or have her bug blast be a mid maybe even allow her to have an ex krawler that explodes on contact causes your opponent to launch into the air. Have the ex version come out quicker so that f1,1 exkrawler would be a true block string.

What do you guys think?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
  • Faster startup of bug blast allowing it to jail off more strings.
  • Allow crawler to stop midscreen if meterburned like reptile/raiden. After 2 seconds, crawler continues on it's path.
  • Crawler restands if connected on midair opponent.

• Allow crawler to stop midscreen if meterburned like reptile/raiden. After 2 seconds, crawler continues on it's path.
krawler restands would be very nice! I think she needs an actualy wake up. Even one of quans have a wake up

What would you guys like to see buffed in KP2 that won't break brood mother, but that would at least make her viable. I would personally love to see her gain an overhead armor launcher or have her bug blast be a mid maybe even allow her to have an ex krawler that explodes on contact causes your opponent to launch into the air. Have the ex version come out quicker so that f1,1 exkrawler would be a true block string.

What do you guys think?
shes hella viable .... you wanna play lol ?

if that bug comes out any faster she will be broke .. she does need a move buff or so ... her armor is trash

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
shes hella viable .... you wanna play lol ?
Brood mother is not viable and here is why: her projectile is a high, she has minimal damage even with a bar, she has sub par pressure, her crawler setup is relatively easily avoided by jumping and armor.

Projectile going high: she has nothing to follow up f112 that is not punishable. Her projectile goes high and the opponent can just duck punish. F11 may be neutral, but her pokes are so slow that it doesn't really matter.

With that said f22 and b1 mix ups into projectile can be punished and even armored through on block.

So: bad mixups, no pressure, little damage, descent set ups with crawler= not viable against any top tier or really high mid tier char.

I'd like to see b12 be able to be meter burned and combod into, therefore she'd have a stronger mixup game. Her projectile should be a mid and plus if meter burned. Allow some prospects for pressure.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Brood mother is not viable and here is why: her projectile is a high, she has minimal damage even with a bar, she has sub par pressure, her crawler setup is relatively easily avoided by jumping and armor.

Projectile going high: she has nothing to follow up f112 that is not punishable. Her projectile goes high and the opponent can just duck punish. F11 may be neutral, but her pokes are so slow that it doesn't really matter.

With that said f22 and b1 mix ups into projectile can be punished and even armored through on block.

So: bad mixups, no pressure, little damage, descent set ups with crawler= not viable against any top tier or really high mid tier char.

I'd like to see b12 be able to be meter burned and combod into, therefore she'd have a stronger mixup game. Her projectile should be a mid and plus if meter burned. Allow some prospects for pressure.
I have a setup that they can't armor or jump out of on wakeup (except Goro, FT, and Sonya I think).

I do agree that she needs something. I just started messing around with her but she feels weak.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
ex bug blast has a slight big window to connect normal
ex bug blast is faster start up
krawler can be stopped w/ meter burn.

another big buff for brood mother is to nerf swarm queen tbh

SimplyEgo

Pope of Dope
What if her regular projectile was 2 shots and a mid then you can mb into the third shot so you can combo for one bar rather than two.. I dont think that would break the character and itd at least throw us a bone

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Her projectile to hit mid and change the hit hitstun you get from one bar to be the same as the hit advantage you get from two bars.
Krawler to start up faster and the ability to delay when it starts to crawl. Like Buzzsaws ex low saw.
A new special move similar to krawler but with a flying bug that hits overhead.
Less cooldown on krawler.

you're more less describing reasons why you "think" she isn't viable ... have you played a decent brood mother ? we dont worry about her projectile only hitting high lmao ...

Reactions: PPJ

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
you're more less describing reasons why you "think" she isn't viable ... have you played a decent brood mother ? we dont worry about her projectile only hitting high lmao ...
Enlighten us then.. how is Brood Mother a viable character in any sort of way. All her mixups are punishable, her pressure is non-existent, and she only has a somewhat descent setup game on combo.

Making bug startup faster so there are fewer gaps in her strings is the ONLY thing she needs. That would be a huge buff for her.

We talked about this a lot on page 25 of the general thread. I accidentally wrote a short essay about it.
I think the cool down is almost perfect right now. It'd be nice if the Krawler cool down was slightly reduced when it starts a combo but other than that I generally get pretty long combos into Krawler set ups consistently.

She needs a reliable way to set up hard knock down into meaty Krawler setups. Maybe a new variation specific string. Just something that forces an opponent who you knocked down to have to guess. Right now, without meter all of her setups are techroll-able and actually force dvorah to guess when she's supposed to be the one on offense.

They need to completely remove ex puddle from the game and make regular puddle a launcher. Her best variation, SQ, already has the best puddle and it launches and traps without meter. If Brood Mother gets meterless launches she would also reliably get hard knockdowns into setups so it kills two birds.

The meta for the whole game is fish till you win. Most viable characters are able to just do a string into safe specials. If her ex double bug blast confirm is going to be that expensive she needs a safe way to pressure and build meter for it. F112 xx Krawler only works when the opponent has no meter, but there's a hole that can be armored. If they make ovipositor safe it's worth the price it cost to convert the ex double bug blast. Lowering the hitbox on bug blast and closing the holes between strings could work too but it wouldn't be as good.

Delayed ex double bug blast would be nice too. Staggering the plus 20+ on hit attack could give her a little bit of a mind game on block. Though not much because it's still just a high.

Pie is the sky request is always going to be a ex ovipositor that launches. So, IF she manages not to get mauled by anyone with a string that is faster than 20 frames she can at least convert something, not just be rewarded with a shitty 13% into a soft knockdown. That's a big fucking IF.

Another more complicated but not unprecedented idea is to turn the 2 in the F42 string into an armorable special attack. If it retained its current properties it could still be a potential soft launch and a much needed faster reversal. It could also help with her horrible zoning weakness.

The thing is trying to balance without breaking the other variations.