What's new

Broken Move Exhibition

dreemernj

Ambassador
AKA What Has Been And What Needs To Be Fixed.
=====================================

Just a collection of some things that are broken about the 2D MK games. This is mostly focusing on the arcade games, but we'll make special exceptions for MKT :-D

First up, a very simple demonstration of the Kung Lao spin (just in case anybody doesn't realize from the combo vids how simple it can really be):
Click Here
This move is fixed in MKT. It is also apparently fixed in the Wavenet edition of UMK3.

Second up, MK3 Sub Zero ice clone:
Click Here
This move is fixed in UMK3.

Third up, the infamous D+HK of MKT for N64:
Click here
Just so sad.

dreemernj

Ambassador
All in due time. People can feel free to add to this. I just enjoy posting these little things and would love to see other broken things. Especially if they are new.

ded

Elder God
here are some i think too:

1. Reptile dash move against some characters (umk3/mkt)
2. Jax Missile (mk3)
3. Ermac's TKS (umk3/mkt/)
4. Kabal's Spin (mk3/umk3/mkt)
5. Noob Saibot teleport & disabler (mkt)
6. Rain's RH
7. Bakara Blade Spin (mkt)

ded

Elder God
good counters lol

jax missiles in mk3 are broken because you can knock the opponent down for whole round, there is no time limit, stay ducked or get hit.

reptile's dash move is broken against some characters like male ninjas, usub, jax and stryker - one forceball or popup and you are dead. against other characters you will get at last over 60%.

edit: there are random cases where the game decides to disable the infinite, but they are very rare, probably 1 of 100 games after reset.

I see it now, thanks ded_

-----

If you want all of these shown in video, a good one for baraka's blade spin would be one that can be done right off the bat, like in Kompletions (Blade Spin, Blade Spin, run in HP HP, JK, blade swipe, blade fury).

Anyway, I hope I don't sound cocky, but I have a contribution. Baraka's blade swipe. Not only is it essential in every baraka 100%, not only does it add an easy corner infinite, but it's broken because of how many you can do in a row. It's the only single move that can be done to get 100%*. Pressing two buttons again and again isn't very difficult, even if you just mash you can easily get a large amount of health out of them. And if pressing two buttons isn't your style, just hold back and then you just have HP to worry about. Grounded blade swipes will push you away from your opponent just like punches, but UNLIKE punches, the blade swipe doesn't push you away from the corner if they are airborne. Now that's just plain bad testing.

There is some debate on wheter or blade swipes alone can be done infinitively. I say it doesn't but it will never ever make a difference if it is or not. I personally spent a very long time with this move, I could be engaging in a full on conversation and not look at the screen and I would still have the same chance. It's become a reflex of when to hit it. You don't even need to try after being able to do it off a punisher. If you try blade swipes off of a SU jump, you have a couple frames to drop and still get 100%. On a punisher, you can smell when you let a frame go. There will be some where it looks like the opponent doesn't move but I'm sure that other times, even when the timing is perfect, they will still drop. Therefore, it becomes chance, and then can not be done infinitively.

oh yeah... MKI rayden. That's hardly a problem...

Click here for a 100% blade swipe, it's the same one from the compilation I made about 2 weeks ago.

I know it's been mentioned but: Rain infinite

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's a 100%, but I think they still drop a couple pixels everytime you hit them, if it is an inf, the swipe would probably have to be done absolutely perfectly every single time, because they don't go higher like you can make them go on Kung Lao's cross screen infinites.

ded

Elder God
yeah, still questionable but it doesnt matter anyway because of aahp, blade swipe inf. i also dont see sense to make noob's teleport inf when you can get the clone inf on everyone

Is there any other set ups to Barakas corner inf other than off a punisher. Also can someone post a vid or just an explanation of all of noob saibots infs (preferably easiest mid screen ones)

oBryant

Noob
here are some i think too:

1. Reptile dash move against some characters (umk3/mkt)
2. Jax Missile (mk3)
3. Ermac's TKS (umk3/mkt/)
4. Kabal's Spin (mk3/umk3/mkt)
5. Noob Saibot teleport & disabler (mkt)
6. Rain's RH
7. Bakara Blade Spin (mkt)
ok im not that big on finding broken things so i got a question

why is it that you all call it broken?

how do you know thats not just the way they made the game

for example: kungs spin, reppys dash, strykers gun, kabals fireball? i dont get it.. just cus you can do it inf ammount of times in a combo means its "broken"?

if the game werent ment to be like that then i guess they would have fixed those "flaws"

now you see glitches like that stupid ice clone and the d+hk stuff is obviously messed up. but like reppys dash and the spin ext i think was ment to be like that.. but that is just my opinion.. i cannot say it is fact..

Is there any other set ups to Barakas corner inf other than off a punisher. Also can someone post a vid or just an explanation of all of noob saibots infs (preferably easiest mid screen ones)
noob's tele slam aaHp,aaHP tele slam rinse and repeat and the corners ones are just as easy plus you can add a lot of stuff to make them look flashy if youre into that

if the game werent ment to be like that then i guess they would have fixed those "flaws"
If only developing software/games was that easy! A lot of times flaws don't become apparent until way after a game's release. When you develop something there is no way to predict how the public is going to use it or misuse it. They did fix flaws throughout UMK3 but they stopped at revision 1.2.

I would go out on a limb and say that the developers didn't intend on people misusing Kung's spin + Stryker's gun the way that they do now. Well with Kung's spin it is obvious that they didn't intend on that because they attempted to fix it in MKT.

I never heard of a fighting game developer intentionally putting an infinite combo in their game. Maybe there is one out there.

oBryant

Noob
If only developing software/games was that easy! A lot of times flaws don't become apparent until way after a game's release. When you develop something there is no way to predict how the public is going to use it or misuse it. They did fix flaws throughout UMK3 but they stopped at revision 1.2.

I would go out on a limb and say that the developers didn't intend on people misusing Kung's spin + Stryker's gun the way that they do now. Well with Kung's spin it is obvious that they didn't intend on that because they attempted to fix it in MKT.

I never heard of a fighting game developer intentionally putting an infinite combo in their game. Maybe there is one out there.

i get what your saying and btw shit if i made my own fighting game i would have every character with an infinite but it will have to be the most dificult thing to do in the game there fore it will require some type of skill to master it.

anyway what i was origionally going to say.. i think that the devs could have determined how many times you can use kungs spin in a combo the same way they determined h-smokes spear.. it disables after 4 hits..

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The ice clone is not broken. Seriously. If that were remotely true, usub would not be smack dab in the middle just because he does shitty damage.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The ice clone is not broken. Seriously. If that were remotely true, usub would not be smack dab in the middle just because he does shitty damage.
The ice clone is broken in MK3. Thats what the vid is of. Usub is top tier in MK3. In UMK3 they changed the ice clone to make it less abuseable. It's still a very good move but it isn't broken any more.

The ice clone is broken in MK3. Thats what the vid is of. Usub is top tier in MK3. In UMK3 they changed the ice clone to make it less abuseable. It's still a very good move but it isn't broken any more.
I def agree that the ice clone is broken in mk3 but as far as being good in umk3 I think it is absolute garbage. When I see an ice clone come out or even a good fake out with the ice clone the first thing that comes to my mind is...fuck yes no freeze moves this guy is an idiot. The ice clone is only good for running away/dodging moves imo

Okay, quick question. Are kitanas fans broken on MAME?

I just was fuckin around and while one fan is out, she can JK and throw another if done fast enough...

tried on xbox and it wasn't working, so I assumed somewhere it's fixed, but where? it's the same revision right?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Okay, quick question. Are kitanas fans broken on MAME?

I just was fuckin around and while one fan is out, she can JK and throw another if done fast enough...

tried on xbox and it wasn't working, so I assumed somewhere it's fixed, but where? it's the same revision right?
I've never seen that happen on MAME. Can you reproduce it? Maybe grab a clip? It'd be cool to see.

Tell me how to record on windows mame and i'll record it for you, does like 52% with HK in corner

EDIT:

okay I dled a hypercam and tried recording it, then I discovered what probabally causes it.

It's actually prob caused by your no 10 minute limit cheat script dreemer. I tried it w/o all cheats, didn't work, tried it with inf health, didn't work, tried it with your code on, and bam it hits....weird how that causes another fan to come out...cause it only does 2 (i tried doing it into an inf haha)

so yeah, somehow that code causes her fans to come out differently.

ant I couldn't record because the frame rate is too high